Beaches-Shark teeth

OK still working on DH about the drive from Orlando but is Venice Beach a rocky beach...will DS be ok with crocs? Do we need chairs or is a blanket on the sand OK? The shark teeth are a big draw but I know they want to play at the beach too. Also do you think Mother's Day will be crowded? TIA

We visited a friend in Jacksonville Beach and were able to find about 30 teeth during our weekend stay. Once you find the first one it becomes much easier to spot them. We found mostly smaller ones, but were lucky enough to find a couple that were an inch or more. We are looking to go to Crystal River for a manatee snorkel and might stop at one of the Gulf Beaches and check things out.

We were planning to visit Clearwater in May and were hoping to find some sharks teeth there. I may have to persuade the others that Venice Beach is better ;)

We will be going to some beaches for a few days before we go to the Dis.
Thanks all for the excellent reports:)
We like Ft. DeSoto beaches, I wonder if there may be any there. We always have fun getting small crab shells. My girls make necklaces when they get home. Nice memories when you see them later.

Holly:thumbsup2:hippie:

OK so I again have been enlightened by fabulous DISers again :worship:...Who knew you could look for shells & SHARK TEETH at the beach :confused3 We had decided to go to a Gulf beach near Clearwater for a day trip, then I saw a thread where someone mentioned looking for shark teeth on the beach. We have never been to East Coast beaches before so...are the shark teeth really hard to find (i.e. are the boys going to be looking FOREVER and not find one or fighting because only 1 precious tooth was found??) Is this a certain time of year? Any info or suggestions for beaches would be great.... TIA

We stayed at Anna Maria Island on the Gulf last June and found a few shark teeth on a morning when a storm was a brewing. They were not hard to find at all. It was a neat experience for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter