• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bedside tables in studios

Bexx

DIS Veteran
..or rather, lack of them for those sleeping on the outside of the beds!! Does anyone have any clever suggestions for "making" your own?!!

If you don't need the high chair that might work. It wouldn't be the greatest but would give you some solid space of putting things on.

I've used the plastic table from the balcony. (You can also request that housekeeping bring an extra one to your room if you need it - I've done that when we had a handicapped room and needed someplace to put our stuff in the bathroom.)

If you don't need the high chair that might work. It wouldn't be the greatest but would give you some solid space of putting things on.

Funnily enough, I just saw that idea on the AKV 1 Bedroom thread. It sounds like a very good one, but unfortunately we will be needing the highchair. How many do you get in a 2 bedroom?

I've used the plastic table from the balcony. (You can also request that housekeeping bring an extra one to your room if you need it - I've done that when we had a handicapped room and needed someplace to put our stuff in the bathroom.)

I should have clarified that we will be staying in a 2 bedroom villa (though the problem still applies in the studio part!) so we won't have the balcony from which to take the plastic table. But if I can request one from housekeeping, then that would be fine :)

Any more ideas?!

Another possibility is to upend one of your luggage pieces and use it for glasses, a book, etc. (if you have one that has a flat-folding, or recessed handle). :thumbsup2
And if you put your "Welcome Home" folder on top of it.............voila! you have a night table.:teeth:

Didn't know we could request another plastic table from housekeeping. That's good to know, especially since our last stay was in a HA studio so we used our plastic table in the bathroom to make up for the lack of storage space.

I just cannot understand why DVC doesn't provide something. What were they thinking? Yes I know there isn't much room on that side of the bed, but a small table would be better than nothing. DVC provides such nice accommodations and then here we all are taking the plastic table from outside to put in the corner next to the bed, or using the high chair, or having to use our luggage as a makeshift table.

I was really happy to see that in the AKV floor plans, there are tables on BOTH sides of the queen bed in the studios!! But then when DVCconvert posted photos of the model studio, guess what -- no table on the wall side of the queen bed. :confused:

I just cannot understand why DVC doesn't provide something. What were they thinking? Yes I know there isn't much room on that side of the bed, but a small table would be better than nothing. DVC provides such nice accommodations and then here we all are taking the plastic table from outside to put in the corner next to the bed, or using the high chair, or having to use our luggage as a makeshift table.

I totally agree. The only place I have so far noticed that a side table is provided for everyone in the queen/double bed set up, is in the rooms at the Yacht and Beach Club. There is the desk on one side, and a small corner shelf on the other. A very sensible solution ::yes::

But still, thank you everyone, for your ideas so far. :)

That is one of the things we love about the new VAK. The floor plans show nightstands on BOTH sides of the studio bed. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

That is one of the things we love about the new VAK. The floor plans show nightstands on BOTH sides of the studio bed. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
I was happy to see that too but unfortunately they did not put them in the AKV model rooms which makes me wonder whether we're getting them or not. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter