BeeperMD test results

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just back from 7 days in WDW (first vacation there since two years... finally!). I have benefited a lot of the information shared in this thread (and some other threads). So I like to report about my COVID-19 testing experience before my returning flight, more specifically with BeeperMD. In short, I could not ask for better, it worked very well for me.

I arrived at WDW on Saturday Oct 16. The day after, I completed an appointment request on BeeperMD website for a PCR test. I gave the number of my hotel room (Pop). Because my returning flight was scheduled on Saturday Oct 23 at 9am, I asked for an appointment shortly after the opening of the 72 hours window, that is, Wednesday between 11:30am and 1:30pm (the website offers 2-hour time slots). I thought that it would provide a degree of freedom of 2.5 hours in case where the actual appointment was going to be scheduled early. Once I had clicked to complete the form, I received an e-mail asking to complete an additional questionnaire with questions about my health condition, which I did immediately.

On Tuesday, I received a text message indicating that [name of the person] was going to visit me the next morning at 10:30am. (There was a phone number where I could call whether the appointed time was problematic.) I didn't receive any follow-up message. The person came to my hotel room around 10:50am. She apologized for being “late” (frankly, a 20-minute delay was the last of my concerns!). She appeared to be a very enthusiast and positive person. She reviewed my ID information, the content of the health questionnaire I had fulfilled, and she contacted a nurse through her mobile. That nurse had two or three ID questions to ask me. Then I was tested. The whole process took about 10-15 minutes.

On Thursday afternoon, about 30 hours after the visit, I received a text message alerting me that my test result (which was negative) had been sent to my inbox.

In contrast with information provided here, it didn't cost me anything. I was by myself, so I expected a $15 fee. I don't know whether the rule has changed or whether this no charge was a mistake. So the test was free and convenient. Nonetheless I left a tip to the person who tested me.

At the airport, I had to show my test result when I checked in with Air Canada. I didn't have a printed copy. I believe most people who checked ahead of me also shown their electronic document on their mobile.

I had an alternative plan to visit a nearby Walgreen with a cab on Friday morning, in case of problem. Fortunately, it wasn't necessary.

Once again, I want to acknowledge all previous posters who have shared information about this process. It was extremely helpful.

Last edited:
@FredQc - Thank you for the review! We leave for Orlando on Tuesday and have BeeperMD booked for our return PCR testing.

You said you tipped the person who tested you - May I ask how much you tipped her? I want to made sure we tip accordingly as well.

Thanks again!

@FredQc - Thank you for the review! We leave for Orlando on Tuesday and have BeeperMD booked for our return PCR testing.

You said you tipped the person who tested you - May I ask how much you tipped her? I want to made sure we tip accordingly as well.

Thanks again!

I don't know to what extent people tip or not for this. The lady appeared to be surprised. When I asked her “Are you allowed to accept tips?” she responded that she hadn't received any direction about it and she was happy to take my $10. On my side, I was very happy for the convenience of the service : I didn't have to find a transportation up to a testing venue, which would have also been very time consuming. It was very efficient.

I don't know to what extent people tip or not for this. The lady appeared to be surprised. When I asked her “Are you allowed to accept tips?” she responded that she hadn't received any direction about it and she was happy to take my $10. On my side, I was very happy for the convenience of the service : I didn't have to find a transportation up to a testing venue, which would have also been very time consuming. It was very efficient.

Perfect - thank you!

Hi - can you book the PCR test without a hotel room# before you arrive? I will be staying at French Quarter and would prefer to secure a booking date/time before I arrive in Florida. Thank you in advance.

Hi - can you book the PCR test without a hotel room# before you arrive? I will be staying at French Quarter and would prefer to secure a booking date/time before I arrive in Florida. Thank you in advance.

Yes you can. I left the room number blank and will provide the room number when we receive the text saying the person administering the tests is on their way.

Yes, when I booked ours I just wrote it was a Disney resort so room number is not available yet. The nurse called when she arrived and I provided the room number at that point. I just put which resort I was staying at and the resorts address.

I am just back from 7 days in WDW (first vacation there since two years... finally!). I have benefited a lot of the information shared in this thread (and some other threads). So I like to report about my COVID-19 testing experience before my returning flight, more specifically with BeeperMD. In short, I could not ask for better, it worked very well for me.

I arrived at WDW on Saturday Oct 16. The day after, I completed an appointment request on BeeperMD website for a PCR test. I gave the number of my hotel room (Pop). Because my returning flight was scheduled on Saturday Oct 23 at 9am, I asked for an appointment shortly after the opening of the 72 hours window, that is, Wednesday between 11:30am and 1:30pm (the website offers 2-hour time slots). I thought that it would provide a degree of freedom of 2.5 hours in case where the actual appointment was going to be scheduled early. Once I had clicked to complete the form, I received an e-mail asking to complete an additional questionnaire with questions about my health condition, which I did immediately.

On Tuesday, I received a text message indicating that [name of the person] was going to visit me the next morning at 10:30am. (There was a phone number where I could call whether the appointed time was problematic.) I didn't receive any follow-up message. The person came to my hotel room around 10:50am. She apologized for being “late” (frankly, a 20-minute delay was the last of my concerns!). She appeared to be a very enthusiast and positive person. She reviewed my ID information, the content of the health questionnaire I had fulfilled, and she contacted a nurse through her mobile. That nurse had two or three ID questions to ask me. Then I was tested. The whole process took about 10-15 minutes.

On Thursday afternoon, about 30 hours after the visit, I received a text message alerting me that my test result (which was negative) had been sent to my inbox.

In contrast with information provided here, it didn't cost me anything. I was by myself, so I expected a $15 fee. I don't know whether the rule has changed or whether this no charge was a mistake. So the test was free and convenient. Nonetheless I left a tip to the person who tested me.

At the airport, I had to show my test result when I checked in with Air Canada. I didn't have a printed copy. I believe most people who checked ahead of me also shown their electronic document on their mobile.

I had an alternative plan to visit a nearby Walgreen with a cab on Friday morning, in case of problem. Fortunately, it wasn't necessary.

Once again, I want to acknowledge all previous posters who have shared information about this process. It was extremely helpful.
Did you have to upload your ID? When I signed up for BeeperMD it is telling me to upload my gov't ID.

Hello fellow Canadians! I just booked my appointment with BeeperMD for next month and received email confirmation. What did you do about the document requesting insurance information as we do not have insurance to cover this. BeeperMD is valid for Canadian travellers, correct? Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience with me!

Hello fellow Canadians! I just booked my appointment with BeeperMD for next month and received email confirmation. What did you do about the document requesting insurance information as we do not have insurance to cover this. BeeperMD is valid for Canadian travellers, correct? Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience with me!
I just « signed » the little box indicating I don’t have US insurance, & uploaded pdf scans of our passports.

I just « signed » the little box indicating I don’t have US insurance, & uploaded pdf scans of our passports.

Thank you for the fast response! How did you manage to sign the little box? It doesn't let me put my cursor to it!

Thank you for the fast response! How did you manage to sign the little box? It doesn't let me put my cursor to it!
With my mouse. Just initialed - very messy 😬

Maybe refresh the page or try a different browser. I was on Chrome i think.

I signed it with my finger on my phone :). Uploaded photos of drivers licenses, hope it’s ok, seemed safer than passports.

We also had a good experience with Beeper MD. They came to our resort Wilderness Lodge on Friday afternoon and we had our results less than 24 hours later by text and email. We didn’t tip, I didn’t realise others were doing that. The nurse was very friendly and the process was quick and simple. She called us about 15 mins before arrival. She said they’d been very busy recently with lots of Canadians using the service.

Just booked our tests with BeeperMD as well. Thank you to everyone here for all of the amazing information!!

I had one question if anybody can help.. immediately after booking I was shown a questionnaire to fill out but it seems I should be filling this out shortly before the test and not now (5 weeks before the trip)? Is this correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter