Benefits of staying onsite?

However, even at the least busy times of year, delivery could take up to 2 days.

We generally found the ship-to-home service more useful. Once, the package almost beat us home!
In all of our probably 100 trips, I can’t recall a single instance in which it took two days for an in-park purchase to reach our room.

I guess we were just lucky.

hijack thread.. hope okay?

EMH AM or PM, do they check your "resort keys". None of us have magic bands, have 4 kids in the party. adults do have iPhone, but that's if its reliable and battery did not run out by after park hours. Do they check only adult keys or kids as well? afraid may leave kids' keys in room...

also, if have a friend or two not staying on-site, can they be my guest (on-site resort) and also enjoy the EMH ?

hijack thread.. hope okay?

EMH AM or PM, do they check your "resort keys". None of us have magic bands, have 4 kids in the party. adults do have iPhone, but that's if its reliable and battery did not run out by after park hours. Do they check only adult keys or kids as well? afraid may leave kids' keys in room...

also, if have a friend or two not staying on-site, can they be my guest (on-site resort) and also enjoy the EMH ?
Yes they check for a member of the party and number of guests in the room and no you can not bring guests who are not in your room along

Yes they check for a member of the party and number of guests in the room and no you can not bring guests who are not in your room along

oh good. so just at least oNE key for all those stay in the room - that's better than carrying 6 keys! or i guess, one iPhone rather than needing 6 phones! don't even have that many.. max 4 in the party.

duly noted.. no off-site guest as guests!

thanks.

oh good. so just at least oNE key for all those stay in the room - that's better than carrying 6 keys! or i guess, one iPhone rather than needing 6 phones! don't even have that many.. max 4 in the party.

duly noted.. no off-site guest as guests!

thanks.

That's incorrect, at least for EMH in the AM. You can bring non-resort guests in the morning. I did it myself two weeks ago at HS.

That's incorrect, at least for EMH in the AM. You can bring non-resort guests in the morning. I did it myself two weeks ago at HS.

very lost. i guess i'll just bring the off-site guest.. its only 1-2 on top of my own 8-9 on-site party and see how it goes.
off-site will enter park, but not necessary ride EMH in the AM. PM they will not join.

can the 1-2 off-site ride EHM in the AM if with me (party of 8-9 on-site)?

just want to get all the questions answered to easily plan. I am plaining for 3-4 families, but only 1 will be off-site.

very lost. i guess i'll just bring the off-site guest.. its only 1-2 on top of my own 8-9 on-site party and see how it goes.
off-site will enter park, but not necessary ride EMH in the AM. PM they will not join.

can the 1-2 off-site ride EHM in the AM if with me (party of 8-9 on-site)?

just want to get all the questions answered to easily plan. I am plaining for 3-4 families, but only 1 will be off-site.

What happened at Hollywood Studios to me, is I was the only one asked to scan my MB, and then I was asked how many were in my party. Then everyone proceeded to the ticket turnstiles, and scanned their tickets/MB's for the day. Once you get past the check-in point for early entry, nobody will check this status again, and you and your guests are free to ride whatever you like.

what is MB ? so many acronyms. oh Magic Band?
i won't have MB but have Magic Mobile :) i guess works the same?

you meant at the gate, can your MB?
after gate, doesn't matter as long as everyone have Ticket for the day (regardless on/off-site)?

thanks.

IMO, the only real "benefit" there is to staying on-site right now is being able to use Disney's transportation between your resort and the parks so you don't have to worry about renting a car and driving yourself.

And for some of us, that is MORE than enough.

I'm not sure if there is any measurable benefit anymore. I say this as someone who has only ever stayed on property and who will probably continue to do so in the future. Reason being we rent DVC to be able to stay at deluxe resorts where we can walk into at least one park. We just really don't like having to rely on Disney transportation ALL the time, especially the buses so being able to walk is a huge perk. Beyond that convenience, though, there's not a whole lot that would lure me to stay on property at this point. If I can't walk to any park, then I have to either bus or uber anyway so why NOT stay off-site? At the rates we'd pay for moderate resorts, most (maybe none?) of them offer a balcony, some of them don't have elevators (tough with a stroller), and most rely mainly on buses. At that point I'd rather spend less to stay at an off-site resort with more amenities and just uber to the parks as needed.

No, it's not incorrect. You are not supposed to bring non-resort guests. They just didn't check in your case. But it doesn't mean it's correct.

Asked at Epcot the day before, told it was no problem as long as we weren't bringing more than 5 guests. Had friends who had asked and done the same thing on trips last fall. Seen it happen on live streams on Youtube.

Take that for what you will.

what is MB ? so many acronyms. oh Magic Band?
i won't have MB but have Magic Mobile :) i guess works the same?

you meant at the gate, can your MB?
after gate, doesn't matter as long as everyone have Ticket for the day (regardless on/off-site)?

thanks.

Yes, they will scan your Magic Band (or Magic Mobile) to ensure that you (or whoever the lead person is) is staying on resort, and then ask how many in your party and wave them through (this is how it was in my case at Hollywood Studios), then you go to the front gate, and everyone scans their tickets and does the fingerprint scan, and everyone is in the park.

Yes, they will scan your Magic Band (or Magic Mobile) to ensure that you (or whoever the lead person is) is staying on resort, and then ask how many in your party and wave them through (this is how it was in my case at Hollywood Studios), then you go to the front gate, and everyone scans their tickets and does the fingerprint scan, and everyone is in the park.

ah finger print - forgot about that….

Thanks for the info !

In all of our probably 100 trips, I can’t recall a single instance in which it took two days for an in-park purchase to reach our room.

I guess we were just lucky.
Same here. In fact, I don't recall a single time where our stuff wasn't there waiting for us in our room or at the resort by the time we returned in the evening? (At one time they actually delivered your stuff to your room!)

As for benefits of staying onsite about the only thing left as far as benefit that I can think of is the avoidance of traffic getting to WDW???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter