Best Adult Character Experience?

jkjjhuddle

Mouseketeer
DH and I will be going kidless for our aniversary. I would love to do a character meal, but I am not sure which one. Will it be too odd for use to be there without children? I love Mickey (who doesn't), as well as Pooh and the gang.

TIA

Kristy

jkjjhuddle said:
DH and I will be going kidless for our aniversary. I would love to do a character meal, but I am not sure which one. Will it be too odd for use to be there without children? I love Mickey (who doesn't), as well as Pooh and the gang.

TIA

Kristy

Odd? Not hardly! My wife and I did Cindys when I was 30 and she was 27!
We had a great time. The other two ladys at our table were a bit older and had no children either! We all had a great time! Wife and I are doing Crystal Palace in Feb. I guess it depends on which characters you like the most and want to see...then work from there. By no means will you be the only people there without children though.

DH and I do not have kids yet and we love character meals!! In fact, we have a few planned for our trip next week. We love CP....have eaten there for breakfast and it was great. This time we are trying Donald's at AK and have heard good things about it. Good luck with your decision :)

If you're worried about sticking out you might want to try one of the Character meals at the Garden Grill. We went for the Ice Cream Social (only $6.99 + tax/gratuity) and it was great! The Chip, Dale, Mickey, and Pluto came around to play and because of how the restaurant is set up we felt very comfortable in our little private booth without having to worry about kids running around.

Before we had DS, we went to WDW 4 times and each time we always did at least one character meal. We never once felt out of place and the characters were always great with us! One year we even did autographs which was fun!

We've done:
Breakfast: Chef MIckey's (twice), Donald's in AK
Dinner: 1900 Park Fare when it was Villians, Garden Grill

Don't think that you will be the only one's there without kids, there's plenty. DW and I have done many Character meals: Donald's Breakfast, Liberty Tree, Crystal Palace, Cape May, etc. It depends were you're going to be but for breakfast I would recommend Donald's at AK, for dinner Liberty Tree. And again don't worry about not being with kids, you'll have a great time.

DH and I went to Disney World on our honeymoon. We did 1900 Park Fare as our Character breakfast. DH didn't want to go b/c he felt childish but once he got there he loved it. There were other couples there w/o kids and the food was really good. I had to pull DH out of there! Last year I went w/ my parents and my kids since DH is deployed, and we ate at Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's and Donald's. All were really good and there were lots of couples there. My favorite character meals were CP and CM.

I did CRT for dinner and Cindy and Belle were there. That might be a good comprimise, as it's a very nice, romantic setting in the Castle at night and yet some princesses show up.

My favorite for couples is the Garden Grill at EPCOT. I say this because we did the "Re-hitching Ceremony" which I assume they still have. I suprised my wife with this and Mickey came by and married us all over again.

DWD

My wife and I always do the character breakfast at Crystal Palace everytime we visit. It is a must for us and we're in our 30's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter