Best bang for the buck meal

BeachMouse1

DIS Veteran
So we are fortunate and go to WDW several times a year. As much as we enjoy a nice meal and a nice sit down but on longer trips we get tired of sitting in a restaurant and have a formal meal.
For example one night on our last trip we ordered a flatbread and something else from Ale & Compass to go and sat out by the pool and ate watching the Epcot fireworks from there.
It was one of our good dining experiences that trip
We have a 10 night stay coming up and I made the sit down reservations we want but don’t want a big meal every night and a $35-$40 entree every night
What are some of you favorite good “bang for the buck” dining places, ideas, experiences etc?

We love Geyser Point at WL and, if you don't mind off-the-beaten path, love heading over to Ft. W and eating at Trail's End where they serve huge family meals for about $30 total (you can get smaller items too). We love visiting the stables there and eating outside if the weather is nice. We also like to try to time it with the MK fireworks which you can watch from the beach. We've even taken at boat back to MK at fireworks time for a spectacular view from the water. If you don't mind QS, eating outside at Gasparila's at GF is also lovely and has a beautiful view of the castle.

Some might say I'm a bit biased, but seriously, Sleepy Hollow quick service at the Magic Kingdom has become our favorite food at that park. Corn Dogs, Chicken Waffle and Fruit Waffle are all fantastic and just seem to taste better at this location. Shhh!, don't tell anyone, it seems like it's busier every time we go!

Some might say I'm a bit biased, but seriously, Sleepy Hollow quick service at the Magic Kingdom has become our favorite food at that park. Corn Dogs, Chicken Waffle and Fruit Waffle are all fantastic and just seem to taste better at this location. Shhh!, don't tell anyone, it seems like it's busier every time we go!
I love both the waffles at Sleepy Hollow. Best bang for the buck inside MK. One morning last year we went around 11am and ordered 1 fruit and 1 chicken (I think chicken starts around 10:30am?). Both were amazing! Perfect all around. Super fresh, huge, delicious. Next trip I ordered 2 chicken with pickup right after fireworks. Big mistake. Chicken was hard as a rock. They probably stockpile for peak orders so I’ll now avoid after parade, fireworks ot late lunchtime.

Some of the best deals I love -

Heirloom Apple Salad - Grand Flo Cafe​

Organic Baby Lettuce, Heirloom Apples, Sharp Cheddar, Pecan Brittle, and Crispy Prosciutto with a Honey-Apple Vinaigrette $13

Ale & Compass $23 breakfast buffet but they must’ve just raised the price - now $25
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/ale-and-compass/menus/breakfast
Still not a bad deal if you go later like a brunch with an appetite to fill up.

AK Satuli Canteen was a favorite. I ate there every AK day for years. December 2023 trip it changed 😢 No longer recommend.

At Boardwalk pool https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/boardwalk/leaping-horse-libations/menus
IMG_0787.jpeg

The food is good and prices reasonable. I remember getting greek salad chicken pita wrap though, looks like they changed that one.
DH really liked the pretzel dog. The power bowl is substantial and yummy too.

The salad like this at the Mara in AK lodge is fantastic too. Both very good for the money.

Best Bang for Buck AYCTE is the latest breakfast reservation at Tusker House that turns into lunch. Breakfast is pretty basic but the lunch has some really good flavors. 2 for the price of 1.

Regular restaurant-wise, this last trip I finally hit Steakhouse 71 for breakfast and dinner. Both great food for a very reasonable price. Next trip I'm hitting up SH71 more than once each for breakfast and lunch/dinner.

Our best bang for the buck was that we happened upon a table on the fence at Casey’s that vacated about 45 minutes before fireworks started. For the price of some corn dog nuggets, that came with fries, we had front row Happily Ever After seating that was far better than the 100+ fireworks parties. I know your wife probably couldn’t do Casey’s but you could pick something up for her. Best 12 bucks ever.

Ale & Compass $23 breakfast buffet but they must’ve just raised the price - now $25
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/ale-and-compass/menus/breakfast

Very few people seem to know that Rosa Mexicano over at the Dolphin has a breakfast buffet that's slightly more expensive than the Ale & Compass one (it's $30 iirc) but with a bigger spread that is better, more interesting food imo. The tres leches overnight oats were a fave and they have Mickey waffles with cinnamon whipped creme and Mexican chocolate ganache.

I had the charcuterie board ($13) at Baseline Tap House inside HS. It was nice sitting outside people watching, and it was really good!
And the pretzel is huge and so good, puts all Mickey pretzels to shame. Comes with beer cheese and mustardy dips. Baseline is a must stop each trip. AND if you remember Writer's Stop once in that location inside is FULL of cool clues and hints to explore.

Our best bang for the buck was that we happened upon a table on the fence at Casey’s that vacated about 45 minutes before fireworks started. For the price of some corn dog nuggets, that came with fries, we had front row Happily Ever After seating that was far better than the 100+ fireworks parties. I know your wife probably couldn’t do Casey’s but you could pick something up for her. Best 12 bucks ever.
Got any pics?

The entrees at Homecomin are so large that pretty much everyone can split them. My suggestion would be to order one dinner plate and one extra side, that would be $40 total for two.

Wine Bar George is mostly small plates at dinner, but if you go for lunch, it's a great value. The sandwiches are each around $20 and more than enough for one person.

Sanaa had signature quality food for regular table service prices IMO. The entrees are all low 30s, but if you want an elevated meal on a budget, I think it's a good option.

Katsura Grill in the Japan Pavilion has good meals for quick service prices. Les Halles bakery also has things for what I would call normal prices, like baguette sandwiches for $11.

50s Prime Time entrees are mostly in the mid 20s.

And the pretzel is huge and so good, puts all Mickey pretzels to shame. Comes with beer cheese and mustardy dips. Baseline is a must stop each trip. AND if you remember Writer's Stop once in that location inside is FULL of cool clues and hints to explore.

Baseline is a must do for us every time for the charcuterie (though I remember when it was $10!) and pretzel, plus my partner is a beer enthusiast and the flights there are very generous pours for the price and quality.

Depending on your group size, the mezzo metro pizzas at Via Napoli are one of my favorite "values." I can feed my whole family in a table service restaurant with tip cheaper than some quick service meals.
Yes, Via Napoli! I forgot that one. We last went as a party of two, shared the salad, a small pizza and one branzino entree - it was just enough for two people and didn't break the bank.
Very few people seem to know that Rosa Mexicano over at the Dolphin has a breakfast buffet that's slightly more expensive than the Ale & Compass one (it's $30 iirc) but with a bigger spread that is better, more interesting food imo. The tres leches overnight oats were a fave and they have Mickey waffles with cinnamon whipped creme and Mexican chocolate ganache.
I had no idea! That sounds amazing.

We also really enjoy eating inside at La Creperie in France - we usually go late morning and are always able to walk up for a table for 2. Savory crepes are about $19 each and are huge.

Some of the best deals I love -

Heirloom Apple Salad - Grand Flo Cafe​

Organic Baby Lettuce, Heirloom Apples, Sharp Cheddar, Pecan Brittle, and Crispy Prosciutto with a Honey-Apple Vinaigrette $13

AK Satuli Canteen was a favorite. I ate there every AK day for years. December 2023 trip it changed 😢 No longer recommend.

At Boardwalk pool https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/boardwalk/leaping-horse-libations/menus
View attachment 858016

The food is good and prices reasonable. I remember getting greek salad chicken pita wrap though, looks like they changed that one.
DH really liked the pretzel dog. The power bowl is substantial and yummy too.

The salad like this at the Mara in AK lodge is fantastic too. Both very good for the money.
That’s so funny we made a breakfast reservation at Ale & Compass and are staying at Boardwalk. We have been to the pool many times but never even looked at the food thanks!

Best Bang for Buck AYCTE is the latest breakfast reservation at Tusker House that turns into lunch. Breakfast is pretty basic but the lunch has some really good flavors. 2 for the price of 1.

Regular restaurant-wise, this last trip I finally hit Steakhouse 71 for breakfast and dinner. Both great food for a very reasonable price. Next trip I'm hitting up SH71 more than once each for breakfast and lunch/dinner.
We love Steakhouse 71 at the bar. They have a good app menu and often if you want something from the restaurant menu they will accommodate

Yes, Via Napoli! I forgot that one. We last went as a party of two, shared the salad, a small pizza and one branzino entree - it was just enough for two people and didn't break the bank.

I had no idea! That sounds amazing.

We also really enjoy eating inside at La Creperie in France - we usually go late morning and are always able to walk up for a table for 2. Savory crepes are about $19 each and are huge.

They have two breakfast buffet offerings, one that's a continental breakfast that's about $20 and then the $30 one that includes all of that but then adds on proteins, potatoes, made to order omelets, etc. I hit it up when I stayed at the Dolphin last year and was really impressed by the variety and the quality of food, and I'm generally a fan of Ale & Compass breakfast. They have an avocado toast that is basically the guac they make tableside at dinner with tomatoes and jalapenos that was really good (sorry I'm a millennial I gotta have my avocado toast!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter