Best Castle View - GF or Poly

Justicegang

Earning My Ears
Which resort will give us a better view of the castle?
Anyone know what the weather is like in April?

Thanks for your response.

:wave:

I think the GF views are better because you are closer to the castle. However, the views from the Polynesian are breathtaking as well because you can see the entire MK area. You see the lagoon, the GF, the Contemporary, the castle, Space Mountain.....it's a wider view. The GF has some rooms with views of the lagoon, castle and Cont., and I think that's from Big Pine and Boca Chica buildings. I'm not 100% sure on that, though. The views from Sago Cay and Conch Key are just going to be of the castle, part of the lagoon and a glimpse of the Cont. We stayed in Sago Cay for our honeymoon and I loved the view. I guess it all depends on how close you want to be to the castle.

I'm not sure what the weather is like in April. I want to say it's more pleasant than the summer months, which can be brutal. I've never been in April.....sorry.

I think scanne said it best. I prefer the Polynesian view myself. You may not be as close but it is a wider and direct view of the lagoon and MK. Also every lagoon view room has a direct view of the MK with an exception of two rooms that are sideways. Some friends of ours stayed at the GF and got a lagoon view room after hearing about our Polynesian lagoon view room and were very upset that they did not even face the MK.

Steve

If you want a Magic Kingdom view, from any hotel, ASK.

Request, specifically, that you be able to see the castle.

When they can, the Disney folks will do their best to accomodate you.

In fact -- given the tough times they're having, and given the fewer and fewer reasons people have to stay on site -- your chances of getting such a view are probably better now than they were a year or two ago.

Anyway, FWIW: I think the GF offers the BEST and CLOSEST views of the castle, for all the reasons stated above...

I know it's not one of your choices but the Contemporary offers the best view of the WHOLE castle. The trees are growing so fast that you really only see the "points" of the castle from Poly & GF. Most people don't mind though. Happy planning!:D

Tinkbell is correct. When I walked out onto our balcony of our Contemporary 12th floor room, I thought to myself "why haven't we stayed here sooner?" The view really was awesome.

I also like the view from the Polynesian, it was nice to have the castle dead center in the middle of my balcony. And, the beach outfront (waved to quite a few ladies while sitting out on my balcony as they passed while looking up at the building ;)) Ahh, memories...

And, the GF. I've had all the lagoon views, we've had balconies that faced the Castle where it was dead center in the middle, that faced the lagoon with the castle to the left, and that faced the lagoon and Polynesian. All of them are special in their own ways (the non-castle view was really relaxing - you could see the Polynesian buildings' rooms lit up at night with the reflection on the water).

We were also on the MK side of Wilderness Lodge one time, but I don't remember seeing any of the castle from our room. I know we could see a little of the Contemporary, though.

Oh, I NEED to stay at a MK resort next trip! Too bad they are all sold out - wonder what the Beach Club will say when I ask for a "Magic Kingdom/Castle View"? :cool:

We watched the fireworks from Narcoosee's at the GF after our wedding - they were great! I'll always vote for GF.

Having had all 3 would vote for the one you didn't put down, Contempary tower! Best castle view available! Sorry! MKY :cool:

I am considering staying at GF for an upcoming trip and really want the MK/Castle view; however the other thing I really enjoy is watching the monorail glide around the lagoon - so my question is - would all lagoon view GF rooms have a view of the monorail gliding about?

Liz

Originally posted by Traveliz
I am considering staying at GF for an upcoming trip and really want the MK/Castle view; however the other thing I really enjoy is watching the monorail glide around the lagoon - so my question is - would all lagoon view GF rooms have a view of the monorail gliding about?

Liz

Yes, they would. There is a good amount of garden view rooms that have the monorail view as well.

Oh, and please keep in mind, 33% of the lagoon view rooms do not face the Magic Kingdom. The other 66% do have face the MK, but some are unobstructed views.

You will find both lagoon/castle views and monorail views from Sago Cay and Conch Key. We stayed in room 5441 for our honeymoon - that's in Sago Cay, and we had a great view of the castle, the monorail and part of the Contemporary. This was a dormer room with a king bed.

Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter