Best character meals?

pmaurer74

DIS Veteran
We have:
Cinderella's Royal table
1900 Fare dinner
Chef Mickey's

is the Royal table worth 2 credits? TIA!

Never been to CM.

CRT is a must-do for us each trip whether breakfast or dinner. Is the food worth two credits? no absolutely not but you are paying for the privelige of eating in the world icon that is Cinderella's palace at WDW. My kids both love it. DD loves the characters as she is still princess mad. DS considers himself too grown up for characters now but still had CRT on his shortlist as he just loves going into the castle during a trip.

Also bear in mind that the photo package is included too.

1900PF we loved the characters at dinner, breakfast not so good but the food was awful and it is the only place where not one of the four of us wishes to return to. if you want to see Prince Charming, the sisters and stepmother it is a must-do but personally I'd as soon never eat again as go there.

I basically agree with chocolateMinnie. The food at CRT is not worth 2 credits, but eating in the castle is a magical experience. The best part about 1900 Park Fare is the stepsisters - those two are a riot! However, we found the food to be rather average/sub-par at best. We love Chef Mickey's for breakfast - it's a favorite & a "must do" for us. We have not done CM for dinner - we have found that we really don't care too much for dinner buffets at WDW.

I agree with everyone else that CRT is not worth the 2 credits but like the other have said, you are going for the experience of eating in the castle. As for the princess interaction, we prefer to go to Akershus breakfast in Norway. As for 1900 Park Fare we did dinner once there and thought it was o.k. The Stepfamily and Cinderella were not really in character. The only one that my family really enjoyed talking to was the Prince, he was amazing. As for CM we thought the food was typical buffet food and the character interaction was so-so, we have gotten better character interactions at other character meals. Now with that all said, we are going back to all three of these meals (minus 1900 Park Fare dinner, because we are doing the breakfast instead) since we decided to do DxDP on our September trip therefore we said "why not". If we were paying OOP, then we would of skipped these meals.

I think Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House is one of the best character meals.

I think the 3 you picked are fine.

We will be doing 1900 Park Fare and Chef Mickey's this year.

We LOVED the food at 1900 Park Fare! I thought for a buffet, it was GREAT!!!!!!

I didn't care for the food at CM, but I liked the character interaction and atmosphere!!!!

CRT is DEFINTELY worth the $$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have never been to CRT, then it is worth the $$$. The food is ok, but the *experience* is wonderful.
1900 Park Fare - We went for dinner and thought the food was very good. We loved the character interaction.
Chef Mickeys - Had dinner there in Dec and we were not impressed. The food was 'meh' at best, the characters were rushed and the service was terrible. We will not be returning for dinner, but will consider breakfast in the future.
Our favorite character meal is Donalds breakfast @ Tusker House. The food was excellent, the characters were great and the service was excellent. We have been 3 times and it was one of the first things we booked for our Aug trip. It is a wonderful way to start your day at AK. We fill up on excellent food and meet the characters in their safari outfits, then we are a few step away from the safari. :lovestruc

Our favorite character meal is Donalds breakfast @ Tusker House. The food was excellent, the characters were great and the service was excellent. We have been 3 times and it was one of the first things we booked for our Aug trip. It is a wonderful way to start your day at AK. We fill up on excellent food and meet the characters in their safari outfits, then we are a few step away from the safari. :lovestruc

We do the exact same thing! Love Donald's Safari Breakfast!!! I must drink about 12 glasses of that juice!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter