best cheap disney world resorts and why

tanyadews

Earning My Ears
we are planning a trip to walt disney world from december 25th to Janurary 4th. I have been researching the hotels in the walt disney resort area. i dont llike the idea of staying in the disney resorts because they dont seem to offer much for the money we would be spending. i made reservations at the royal hotel plaza. wondering if anyone has stayed there and if they have what was the experience like. i am getting a double double deluxe room for $1200 wondering if that was a good rate. thanks tanya also if you have stayed at other resorts such as the hilton or others please write me

tanyadews:

A poster on my board just got the Hotel Royal Plaza on Priceline for $40 a night during Christmas week. Here's a link to the post.

We've stayed both on and off site....the Disney *magic* is definitely at work when you stay on-site....the All-Stars offer an inexpensive room with all the Disney perks. IMO, if it's Disney I'm there for, I'd rather be at a Disney resort any day. However, that's just my opinion.

You ar4e going the buisiest week of the yr at WDW. I think I would stay on site. Just the traffic into WDW each day would be a nightmare. By staying onsite you would avoid all that. By staying on site you get EE, free transportation, free parking at the parks if you choose to drive, package delivery to your resort. Staying on site is what makes a WDW trip a vacation. It would be too stressful to me to have to worry about getting to WDW every day.

Hotel Royal Plaza is a Downtown Disney Hotel, and is supposed to be eligible for Early Entry mornings. It also uses the downtown disney buses. (Not Disney owned, but fairly regular I have been told. 20 minutes or so.) Also, you are guaranteed entry even if the parks are closed to "outside" hotel guests, just as if you were staying in a Disney resort.

The MK bus leaves you at the TTC, instead of the kingdom itself, however.

Mousesavers.com has a code for $85 a night. I'm not sure what your $1200 works out to, but you might try that as well.

I am seriously considering staying there on my mid january trip because there will be five of us. They have 2 double beds and a sleeper sofa, eliminating the need for getting TWO rooms at the All Stars.

(Oh yeah, Royal Plaza charges a $7 per night "resort" fee which is not included in the price they give you on the reservation site. They bump that on at the end....)

All in all, I have heard good things.

thanks so much for all of your advice it has been very helpful. you guys are so great. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter