Best day and time to see Christmas parade (Dec 8-12)

DisneyFamilyMom

Earning My Ears
We will be at Disneyland from Dec 8-12 (Friday-Tuesday, midday) and I am wondering what the best day and time to see the Christmas parade will be. Is one day or time better than another? We will have our 4 yr old and 6 month old, so I am looking for ANY help.

Thanks!

Well, my slightly biased opinion would be the evening parade on Sat, Dec 9th. But that is because my daughter is dancing in that parade! :teeth:

ETA: I see you are from Chandler. We are from Tucson!

DisneyFamilyMom said:
We will be at Disneyland from Dec 8-12 (Friday-Tuesday, midday) and I am wondering what the best day and time to see the Christmas parade will be. Is one day or time better than another? We will have our 4 yr old and 6 month old, so I am looking for ANY help.

Thanks!

We saw it twice once in the evening and once during mid day. There really isnt' much difference . We saw it in front of the train station on main street once and it was nice and quiet. In front of small world was busier. Thing is they start it at Small world in the afternoon, and start it on main street in the evening. Guess it depends on where you are in the park when it starts.

Leofoenget said:
We saw it twice once in the evening and once during mid day. There really isnt' much difference . We saw it in front of the train station on main street once and it was nice and quiet. In front of small world was busier. Thing is they start it at Small world in the afternoon, and start it on main street in the evening. Guess it depends on where you are in the park when it starts.

well, they are doing something at that area right now... its all blocked off and such when i went on Tuesday. The best place to watch them is at the hub in my opinion. It easy to go to wherever you want to go next... better to position yourself... stay on the right side if you want to go to Tommorrowland, if you want to go anywhere else, stay on the right!

They usually have an afternoon and evening parade. Any parade is better then none. Each has its benifits. During the day you can see the costumes and floats better and the pics turn out fantastic as you can see everything, but something about night parades is so magical as the lights glitter and such. It kinda depends on what you think you would like better.

jwsqrdplus2 said:
Well, my slightly biased opinion would be the evening parade on Sat, Dec 9th. But that is because my daughter is dancing in that parade! :teeth:

ETA: I see you are from Chandler. We are from Tucson!

How cool that your daughter will be dancing. We will be there on Saturday, so we will watch for her, let me know what she is wearing or doing? We are from Tucson as well.

lucky1 said:
How cool that your daughter will be dancing. We will be there on Saturday, so we will watch for her, let me know what she is wearing or doing? We are from Tucson as well.

They are wearing red velvet, off the shoulder dresses with white maribou (fluffy stuff!) around the hem, neckline and wrists (think Santa's helper type costumes). There are rhinestone snowflakes appliqued to the dress. There will be several studios participating, and each studio gets to pick its own costume, so there could be other studios wearing the same costume. They (all the studios) are dancing to Jessica Simpson's "Let It Snow" (which I am pretty tired of right now!). I have no idea where our studio will be in the line up.

Where in Tucson are you? We are in the NW, just east of I-10, off Cortaro.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter