"Best" Day to try Harry Potter

Golden_Eagle426

We gaze continually at the world and it grows dull
Perhaps this is a silly question, but is there really a GOOD day to try WWoHP. I dont mind lines but I'm not really fond of spending half a day in line just to get into the area. I'm going to be in Orlando for a week in September (12-19) and I was looking to spend 2 days with Universal. I'll be staying on Disney property. Thanks for any and all help! :-)

So I guess the best plan of action for any day in the foreseeable future would be to get to the park and line up for Potter ASAP if you plan on seeing it within a reasonable time. How has the rest of the park and Universal looked attendance wise since the debut of Harry Potter? As I stated earlier, I have 2 days so I'm in no real hurry. Just wondering. Thanks!!! So excited for my trip! 1st time @ Universal in almost 4 years :cool1:

I was at Universal Tuesday-Thursday, every time I walked by Harry Potter, it was wall-to-wall people in there. I didn't even try to go in.

Im an AP holder and we go 2-3 days a week. Sunday is the best day for Potter. Smaller crowds Forbidden Journey is usually around 45-60 min wait, Dragon Challege is around 15 mins, Hippogriff around 20 mins. #0 min lines to get into Honeydukes.

The only thing that it doesnt matter what day you go you will have a horribly long wait is the Wand Experience at Ollivanders. Its never under a 3 hour wait. No matter the day or the time of day.

Also, If your going to do both parks or even just IOA, I would suggest skipping Potter first thing in the morning and doing everything else and saving Potter for last. In the morning people rush to Potter Island and you have these horrible lines to just get into the island its self, THEN have to wait in those lines.

But if you wait until around 6ish to do Potter the crowd usually has thinned out ALOT and oyu dont have to wait in line to get onto the island. And not to mention being around dusk and into the night time it gives the area a more realistic" feel.

@ Hummingbird Thanks for that piece of information! I'll be going in September so the hours will be extremely limited. Open tilll 6 IIRC. Current plan of action for Day 1 is to do the other parts of IOA first. Day 2: Same thing but for Universal Instead. I'll probably try Potter around 3-4 hours before closing. Hope that works out for me :rotfl:

@ Hummingbird Thanks for that piece of information! I'll be going in September so the hours will be extremely limited. Open tilll 6 IIRC. Current plan of action for Day 1 is to do the other parts of IOA first. Day 2: Same thing but for Universal Instead. I'll probably try Potter around 3-4 hours before closing. Hope that works out for me :rotfl:

I would watch this forum in early September to get actual reports and make a touring plan then.

Thank You! Watching this forum will be my new job for the next month and a half!

Damo I hope the Sunday best day holds up, we will be there next month onsite.:banana: Oh our first park day is Sunday thru Tuesday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter