Best dinner buffet?

tinkerbelletreasure

DIS Veteran
We are looking at going the 1st week of June next year as a graduation trip for my daughter, so it will just be 3 adults. We are planning on splurging for the dining plan for the first time, however, she’s a very picky eater and still orders off the kids meal the majority of the time. So we were thinking the best bang for our buck would be to do a couple buffets. We don’t have a preference on character interactions, and I know buffet food is what it is, but the only one we’ve done in the past is Tusker House for brunch. Food wise, which would you choose?

Honestly, you'll be paying more for her to eat at a buffet than if she ordered an adult sized version of something off the kids' menu. She could get chicken/french fries for around $15 or so versus a buffet that could cost $40/$50/$60.

The best buffets are not in the parks. Trails End at Ft. Wilderness. Boma for either breakfast or diner, Cape May (I don't eat seafood and I still manage very well here).
In the parks - Crystal Palace - MK
Beirgarten - Epcot
HS - well there really isn't a good one but H&V will do if it's a must.
AK - Tusker

If I had to pick just one for a picky eater, it would be Trails End. American fare with a BBQ theme. Fried chicken, ribs, etc.

Many raves for Trail's End (pretty much the same food as HDDR with additional sides).
Whispering Cafe gets lots of "huzzahs" for the skillet dinners.
'OHana which is AYCTE as opposed to a buffet.
Cape May is greatly admired by many as well.
She might also enjoy Liberty Tavern for the year round turkey dinner w/ all the fixings.

Trails End wasn’t on my radar, so thanks. That sounds like it has promise. I know we are going to lose money on the dining plan when it comes to her, but DH and I would take advantage of the free drinks and not having to watch pennies, so I think while it will change the way we eat at the park, he and I will get plenty of mileage out of our dining plans.

We aren't buffet people, but enjoy good food, and The Wave (breakfast only) Boma and Tusker House are the only ones that we enjoy.

You may also just want to check out menus of some table service places that have "adult sized" kids entrees aka food that I think most "kids" would like. Things like fried chicken at Homecoming, BBQ at Whispering Canyon, Burger at SciFi, Pizza at Via Napoli, Chicken and rice at Teppan Edo, and pretty much anything at The Plaza come to mind.

Last edited:
Another vote for Boma. You can make an entire meal out of the different soups at dinner and as I have said many times any buffet that serves all you can eat Zebra Domes for desert starts the contest with 2 stars. We stayed at AKL last trip and ate there 3 times. It has made my girls permanent rotation list.

My daughter grew up as a plain eater- she still is pretty limited in what she likes but we LOVE Boma for dinner- we still go every trip . We are doing 10:40 Crystal Palace to get both breakfast and lunch foods- this might be a good options for your daughter as it will giver her more to choose from as well.

We have done most of the buffets, its the easiest way to keep our fussy lot fed & happy.
The only 1 we have not done is the Akershus at the Germany Pavillion Epcot.
Our Favourite Breakfast Buffet is Boma.
Our Favourite Character Buffet is Crystal Palace at MK, with 1900 Park Fair at GF a close second. ( the kids love both equally)
Our over all No 1 favourite Dinner buffet that every one in our family agrees is the best for us with our share of picky eaters is Trails End at Fort Wilderness Campgrounds. The Fried Chicken is awesome & the variety is great.
An honourable shout out to Tusker House at AK for an early Lunch. 👍 :)

Boma is by far our favorite buffet. There are lots of choices for less adventurous diners. There are some basic things like mac and cheese, but there are also roasted meats that aren't heavily spiced, rice, soups, salads, etc.

If you've never done the dining plan before, do the math carefully before you add it. We are adventurous eaters, we like character meals, and we splurge on snacks. We did the dining plan twice and it actually cost us a good bit more than we would have spent OOP. Plus, we lost so much flexibility. We regretted it both times

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter