Best Disney Vlog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one is technically an audio podcast (not vlog). If you're looking for something to listen to in the car or with headphones, I've been enjoying "Attractions Checklist."
http://www.saturdaymorningmedia.com/shows/ac/
It has some commentary in it, but the cool thing is that they make full-length audio binaural recordings of the attractions so you can feel like you're there.

I also just discovered LiveFastDiePoor ("Randomland") / JustinScarred ("Sometimes Vlog"). He's based out of Anaheim, but he has some really great videos from WDW and Disneyland Paris.
Still digging into his videos, but my favorites so far have been the Disneyland Paris in wintertime, and the one about the closure of WDW with last year's hurricane.

I love watching the Vlogs of Disney World, and a bunch of them you guys posted I've seen and love. But there are so much more posted I haven't yet viewed. I guess I will be busy watching them this evening! I don't know if his name was listed in the previous posts, but Michael Kay "#wavesofdisney" vlogs are amazing. As he doesn't live in Florida and when he does visit, which is quite frequent, his expressions and love for Disney really show.

I like TimTracker. He seems to go to the parks frequently and is very detailed in showing the new stuff, like merchandise in stores, progress on construction etc.

I would LOVE to live in Orlando and have an Annual Pass just so I could go to the parks for a few hours every week or so just to check out new things. So much less stressful than trying to plan a big vacation to do it :).

Caught a livestream last Friday from resorttv1 who I had not seen before but was at AK. It popped up in my suggestions on YT and I was curious what crowds looked like. I really enjoyed it, a lot of it was shot POV so you felt like you were at the parks. When I first turned it on they were boarding a safari truck. Very cool way to spend a Friday night. To me anyway...lol

Thanks @bryanb for posting about the hurricane vlog. I was there myself on that day in Epcot. It was an experience I'll never forget.

I'm going to watch the whole video after dinner.

I like TimTracker. He seems to go to the parks frequently and is very detailed in showing the new stuff, like merchandise in stores, progress on construction etc.

I would LOVE to live in Orlando and have an Annual Pass just so I could go to the parks for a few hours every week or so just to check out new things. So much less stressful than trying to plan a big vacation to do it :).

100% agree. We've become big fans of Tim. DD7 just loves him and we hope to see him on one of our trips!

While not a local I've got to dis year every year the past 5 years. I haven't found any faulty information yet that I can remember. An example would be interesting, I'd love to know more. I have enjoyed their videos from what I've watched.

Their most recent video where they attempted to rope drop Animal Kingdom for Pandora was a complete failure.

They thought rope drop meant they could show up at 9AM and stroll into Pandora with no waits.

Then they couldn't even read the app correctly about hours of operation for Sa'Tuli Canteen.

Am presently enjoying: Disney Food Blog (DFB), Tim Tracker, Adam Hattan & This Orlando Life (Oliver Green) as well as the DIS' many vlogs.

Tim Tracker - very informative, always good for park posts most weeks. We met Tim and Jenn, as well as Ears2You last May at Epcot just walking through the UK pavilion and had a long chat and they were really friendly. They seem to get a lot of flack and I'm not sure why? Almost like people could just not pay attention to them if they didn't like them.

Ears2You - Really relaxed people. Not great for your latest rumour mill stuff, if that is what you are in to. However, if you want to keep up with two people who are really fun, like a drink and love Disney then you'd be hard pressed to find any other vloggers. Plus, the music from the videos nowadays is all made by Brockford and it's awesome and original.

Tom & Sophie - UK based, travel to Disney twice a year at minimum and post videos twice a week. Fun to watch and I would say kid-friendly too!

Mickey Views - great for information! Can go on a little bit as some episodes are 50+ mins long, but always offers good insight and well produced for such a young guy!

Happiest Vlogs on Earth - Fun vlogs, all about Disney, fun accents too (think they're from New Jersey). Only been watching them for around six months.

OhYeahDisney/OhYeahTV - unfortunately they don't really Vlog any more and that is a shame. You can catch them on Instagram where they are really active and post Instagram Stories of their activities in the park. I can understand vlogging is time consuming and they may not have enough time to do it. Their content is excellent though, very well produced.

Tried to branch out and start watching some other blogs but no others seem to really come close to the weekly nature of all of these vloggers. I think you could nitpick and say that certain little things annoy you about each of them, but honestly it's mainly about watching some videos of people going around theme parks or living their lives. There's probably things about your own family and friends that annoy you. Ignore the little things and you'll have a great time watching all of the aforementioned people's videos. I'm going to be taking some tips from people that have mentioned Vloggers above and see if there's some I haven't watched!

Their most recent video where they attempted to rope drop Animal Kingdom for Pandora was a complete failure.

They thought rope drop meant they could show up at 9AM and stroll into Pandora with no waits.

Then they couldn't even read the app correctly about hours of operation for Sa'Tuli Canteen.

I think both of these things are perfectly fine, if not in and of themselves informative? I mean they made mistakes that now anybody watching knows not to make? Certainly they aren't perfect, but they are nice, entertaining, and you can learn from them if they are pointing out useful things or themselves making mistakes.

I think both of these things are perfectly fine, if not in and of themselves informative? I mean they made mistakes that now anybody watching knows not to make? Certainly they aren't perfect, but they are nice, entertaining, and you can learn from them if they are pointing out useful things or themselves making mistakes.

Exactly

I also like how thorough he is on showing merchandise. Really enjoyed his vlog the other day about all the Halloween stuff.

Exactly

I also like how thorough he is on showing merchandise. Really enjoyed his vlog the other day about all the Halloween stuff.

I'm glad Tim and Jenn finally learned the Disney system of merchandise prices. For the longest time they were like it just says "GREEN" how am I supposed to know how much that is, ignoring the chart near the merchandise display which breaks down Color = Price.

That's fine, but in that video Jenn says IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO ROPEDROP PANDORA

The two of them don't seem to understand Rope Drop = Showing up 45 minutes prior to opening. They think Rope Drop = Showing up exactly at park opening not realizing there have been people waiting for 45-60 minutes ahead of them.

Like in the video Tim says he tries to get in the parking lot by 8:45AM for a 9AM opening, he doesn't even realize that's not even really rope drop, that's straggling by Rope Drop Commando standards.

Neither of them knew that 9AM opening = They let you in at 8:15AM-ish hold you at certain points and then the park opens completely around 8:50/55

That's fine, but in that video Jenn says IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO ROPEDROP PANDORA

The two of them don't seem to understand Rope Drop = Showing up 45 minutes prior to opening. They think Rope Drop = Showing up exactly at park opening not realizing there have been people waiting for 45-60 minutes ahead of them.

Like in the video Tim says he tries to get in the parking lot by 8:45AM for a 9AM opening, he doesn't even realize that's not even really rope drop, that's straggling by Rope Drop Commando standards.

Neither of them knew that 9AM opening = They let you in at 8:15AM-ish hold you at certain points and then the park opens completely around 8:50/55

Your disdain for them is very odd to me, you had this out with Jenn on twitter weeks ago and now you're bringing it up on an old thread here :badpc:

Also to argue the rope drop thing, I think what they meant is no matter what you will be waiting 1.5-2 hours. If you get to the park that early you're still waiting, it just depends on whether you're waiting during non-park or park hours.

Plenty others have said it, but just about the only one I can tolerate is Tim Tracker. He took me a little getting used to, but I really like his vlogs now.
Yeah... I agree about Tim... I cant help but watch his videos every day now... They are a little snow flakish for my tastes though

Your disdain for them is very odd to me, you had this out with Jenn on twitter weeks ago and now you're bringing it up on an old thread here :badpc:

Also to argue the rope drop thing, I think what they meant is no matter what you will be waiting 1.5-2 hours. If you get to the park that early you're still waiting, it just depends on whether you're waiting during non-park or park hours.

Don't tell me you're one of Jenn's lackeys she employs as a defense force.

I honestly don't mind their videos, I just think they kind of lack follow through in a lot of what they are doing. They start so many projects that just last 1-2 episodes and then it's fallen by the wayside.

Also, in theory yes you are still waiting to do something, but the difference being waiting before the park opens then allows you to do so much more because you get the 2 Pandora rides done with minimal waits and then you branch out to the rest of the park as everyone slams into Pandora with 3 hour waits.

The one thing that bothered me the most with Jenn is bringing things up like this as constructive criticism and she just uses the excuse "We're just a vlog, not a news site, why are you comparing to us like OMG!" then her BFF badgers me on Twitter "WHERES YOUR VLOG IF YOU'RE SO SMART???"

I didn't call her and Tim any mean names, I just said don't call it one thing, when in reality what you did is something completely different. Simple constructive feedback and she couldn't handle it. If you can't deal with any form of negative feedback then maybe it's not best to put your entire life out there on Youtube.

Don't tell me you're one of Jenn's lackeys she employs as a defense force.

I honestly don't mind their videos, I just think they kind of lack follow through in a lot of what they are doing. They start so many projects that just last 1-2 episodes and then it's fallen by the wayside.

Also, in theory yes you are still waiting to do something, but the difference being waiting before the park opens then allows you to do so much more because you get the 2 Pandora rides done with minimal waits and then you branch out to the rest of the park as everyone slams into Pandora with 3 hour waits.

The one thing that bothered me the most with Jenn is bringing things up like this as constructive criticism and she just uses the excuse "We're just a vlog, not a news site, why are you comparing to us like OMG!" then her BFF badgers me on Twitter "WHERES YOUR VLOG IF YOU'RE SO SMART???"

I didn't call her and Tim any mean names, I just said don't call it one thing, when in reality what you did is something completely different. Simple constructive feedback and she couldn't handle it. If you can't deal with any form of negative feedback then maybe it's not best to put your entire life out there on Youtube.
she is a poor follow on twitter.. I think if you do a vlog like they do they should stay out of politics. Her passive aggressive likes annoy me

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter