best/easiest way to visit other islands?

For what it’s worth, I just priced out a day trip to Kauai from Honolulu. About $73 each for the Hawaiian Airlines roundtrip flight for my wife and I, plus about $73 for a rental car. $219 total. I don’t count lunch because we’d it at Aulani if we didn’t go for probably the same price.

We decided against it for our Feb trip because it would no doubt be a long, exhausting day, with potential traffic both from and to Aulani. But it’s $100 less than dinner at Ama Ama!

For what it’s worth, I just priced out a day trip to Kauai from Honolulu. About $73 each for the Hawaiian Airlines roundtrip flight for my wife and I, plus about $73 for a rental car. $219 total. I don’t count lunch because we’d it at Aulani if we didn’t go for probably the same price.

We decided against it for our Feb trip because it would no doubt be a long, exhausting day, with potential traffic both from and to Aulani. But it’s $100 less than dinner at Ama Ama!
I’ve never eaten at AMA AMA but I’d take a day on Kauai over any meal I’ve ever eaten.

We'd like to stay at Aulani but still get to see at least one of the other islands. Does anyone have experience or recommendations on the best way to do this? Is it worth a day trip or not really?
We opted for a one-day trip to the Big Island. We planned it early in our week as we are from the east coast. We took the first Southwest flight from HNL to Hilo and returned on the last flight back. We had about 10 hours on the island - plenty of time to visit Volcanoes National Park, Punaluʻu Beach (black sand beach), lunch at Shaka (the most southern restaurant in the US), with time remaining to visit a coffee farm, Rainbow falls in Hilo, and snorkeling beach near the airport. The Hilo airport is tiny and lovely. From arrival at the gate to pulling out of the parking lot with a rental took less than 20 minutes. The return was equally as easy, literally no one in the TSA line. We spent $80 on roundtrip flights and less than $100 on a car rental for the day.

I would absolutely recommend this. We did not get to see all of the Big Island, but we did enjoy the places we saw. I have no idea if we will be able to return to Hawaii, so glad we were able to spend one day there.

We opted for a one-day trip to the Big Island. We planned it early in our week as we are from the east coast. We took the first Southwest flight from HNL to Hilo and returned on the last flight back. We had about 10 hours on the island - plenty of time to visit Volcanoes National Park, Punaluʻu Beach (black sand beach), lunch at Shaka (the most southern restaurant in the US), with time remaining to visit a coffee farm, Rainbow falls in Hilo, and snorkeling beach near the airport. The Hilo airport is tiny and lovely. From arrival at the gate to pulling out of the parking lot with a rental took less than 20 minutes. The return was equally as easy, literally no one in the TSA line. We spent $80 on roundtrip flights and less than $100 on a car rental for the day.

I would absolutely recommend this. We did not get to see all of the Big Island, but we did enjoy the places we saw. I have no idea if we will be able to return to Hawaii, so glad we were able to spend one day there.
awesome advice thank you so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter