• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best estern Stovalls inn to disney?

10-15 minutes, depending on how fast you walk. Cross the street, and cut through the lobby and then the back hallway of the Grand Californian, into Downtown Disney. It shaves a few minutes off of your trip.

FYI - you can't cut through the Grand Californian (they check for valid room keys or AD reservations before allowing you to enter on that side).

ETA - sorry for the duplicate info, stepped away for a min and someone else responded in the meantime. It really doesn't add too much time, I find it a pleasant walk.

FYI - you can't cut through the Grand Californian (they check for valid room keys or AD reservations before allowing you to enter on that side).

ETA - sorry for the duplicate info, stepped away for a min and someone else responded in the meantime. It really doesn't add too much time, I find it a pleasant walk.

They don't let you walk through the front door of the resort without a reservation anymore?

They don't let you walk through the front door of the resort without a reservation anymore?
Correct. They do not allow cutting through the GCH lobby toward DTD/the parks. They moved security to between ESPN zone and Earl of Sandwich so now there is a security check point from GCH into DTD. The GCH security is much too small to handle the masses who previously cut through, so entrance is limited to those with valid room cards and AD reservations.

Correct. They do not allow cutting through the GCH lobby toward DTD/the parks. They moved security to between ESPN zone and Earl of Sandwich so now there is a security check point from GCH into DTD. The GCH security is much too small to handle the masses who previously cut through, so entrance is limited to those with valid room cards and AD reservations.
That's amazing, I wish they would start doing that at WDW, with every resort there.

Just stayed last month :) It took me about 15-20 minutes. Walk breakdown:

2 minutes room to the crosswalk
5-7 minutes crosswalk to Paradise Pier Hotel (turn left here, then right at the traffic circle)
5 minutes to security tent
7 minutes or so to walk the length of Downtown Disney

It sounds much longer of a walk than it seems when actually walking it!

Just stayed last month :) It took me about 15-20 minutes. Walk breakdown:

2 minutes room to the crosswalk
5-7 minutes crosswalk to Paradise Pier Hotel (turn left here, then right at the traffic circle)
5 minutes to security tent
7 minutes or so to walk the length of Downtown Disney

It sounds much longer of a walk than it seems when actually walking it!
Super helpful thanks a bunch!

It took us 11 min from our room to hit security checkpoint outside DLH. I timed it 3 days, same each time, weirdly.
Zero wait at security 3 weekend days at Christmas time! We rode the Monorail into DL twice at 8 am and were in Tomorrowland before 8:10 with a Fast pass (used Maxpass while riding the Monorail).
(Note that you can't get in through Monorail gate til DL opens unless you have Magic Morning.)
It took us additional 5 minutes past security to walk all the way through DTD to DCA so 16 minutes of walking plus less than a minute at bag check (amazingly better than Harbor security!).
We could see the Main gate lines from the Monorail so I'm sure that even though our walk was longer from Stovall's than our usual Harbor Blvd. hotel, we were on rides before those coming from Harbor plus we didn't have to leave the hotel early to wait in line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter