Best family beaches?

hulagirl

DIS Veteran
I was just wondering what you all think the best family beaches are on St. Maarten, St. Thomas and St. John? (answers to my other thread got me thinking...)We have little ones so food and bathrooms are an important consideration. We don't want to sign up for an excursion but do want to go ashore for some relaxing beach time. Any thoughts?

My family loved Maegan's Bay in St Thomas. National Geographic list it as one of the 10 most beautiful beaches in the world! It is a quick taxi ride from the boat over to the beach. On the way there (or back) ask the taxi driver to pull over at the top of the hill and you can get some great shots of the ship below. We took our two DD's there and they really loved it.:p

I have been reading good things about Great Bay in St. Maarten on this board; it sounds like it is easy to get to. When we were in St. Maarten with our DS who was 2-1/2 at the time, we went to Dawn Beach and it was very nice. It was a nice family beach. There is a restaurant there, you could rent chairs and if I remember right, they had wait staff coming around to chairs on the beach taking drink orders (the special was Carib beers for $1). There were gentle waves at this beach which DS loved. It was a very scenic beach and there were people snorkeling out a little from the shore.

At St. Thomas, Megans Bay is a good family choice. They do charge a small admission. It is a public park and there are facilities and a snack bar. Another nice place to go is to Coki Beach which is right next to Coral World. The kids often enjoy Coral World and can enjoy beach time too.

I have read great things about Sappire Beach which is on the east end of the island. That is where I would like to go the next time we are in St. Thomas. :smooth: Also, as I mentioned on the other post, there is Morningstar Beach which may be the closest beach to the pier. It is a beautiful beach and there is a restaurant/bar right on the sand and bathrooms. If you want a short ride in the taxi, this is a good choice.

St. John is a beautiful island as well. I have been to Trunk Bay and enjoyed the underwater snorkel trail and the beautiful beach. I have had good and not so good experience (water was rough that time) with the ferry boat over to the island and have not been adventerous enough to try this yet with our son. Depending on how patient your kids are, this does take more travel time to and from but it is a gorgeours beach.

Decisions, decisions... so many choices, not enough time!!:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter