best functional souvenier?

that bums me out...I love the bracelet...but really wish it was sterling *pout*

I bought a mickey mouse watch 10 years ago that I still wear everyday. I've heard they can make a watch using a pic from photo pass, and want to get one with my son on it.
I get magnets and christmas ornaments on most vacations.

Thanks for the sterling silver link...now all I have to do is purchase a cheap large link bracelet...something I can probably get at the silver/gold co

Thanks!

I love my lady & tramp salt and pepper pots, my cheshire cat pillow and my Sorcerer Mickey fleece top, but I think the souvenier I use most is my Grumpy hockey jersey. Its great for training in, and got me a new nickname...

.....my "Tink" visors. I bought one on my anniversary trip w/ hubby. Then I forgot it on my next trip so I bought another one. I have both in my van now and wear them all the time. Especially at Disney. My dh also wears his "Grumpy" caps and my boys have their "Buzz" cap.

AdventureGuru said:
Thanks for the sterling silver link...now all I have to do is purchase a cheap large link bracelet...something I can probably get at the silver/gold co

Thanks!

I just bought a Mickey Sterling Silver Bracelet from DisneyOutlet.com...

It's really pretty, and it already has a Mickey charm and a flat Mickey head (that you can get engraved!!!!).

I got a mickey watch for my birthday manyyears ago which is starting to act up so I think I will be looking for a new one when I go in December. The idea of the watch with the photopass is kinda cool :wizard:

Rachael Q - Where did you find the Mickey Mac & Cheese. My son LOVES Mac & Cheese and would die if I made it for him!!!!

my son bought a sticky "stuffy" type ting last year, you wear it as a back back, and it has a zipper in it to oput a few things, he usues it still when going out for the day, and we will be taking it to WDW with us again in Sept.

just got back from our trip and i came back with a souvenier glass from Marrakesh - this was a GREAT deal, i got a drink and for only $2.50 more I got a really nice glass to take home. I'm going to try and get these at other restaurants on all trips to WDW from now on. I also have one from CRT that I got during my 22nd birthday trip.
i was also excited to find an epcot note card holder - it's a small model of plastic earth with four prongs sticking out of it, each has something related to epcot on it - a rocket ship, mickey driving a test track car, figment, and nemo. they are attached to little clips that you can put photos, notes, etc in. i'm going to put it on my desk at work - it was about $12. almost makes me excited about going back to work! (ALMOST)

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

absolutely love it. The best souvenir ever. You'll have it for life.

Servants of Evan said:
Get pregnant while at Disney. Sure it'll take 16 years before that souvenier is really usefull, but they're not easy to forget!

checkwriter said:
I still enjoy the cheap sunglasses that I found sitting smack dab in the middle of Sunset Blvd at Disney-MGM. Cheap enough so I didn't feel guilty picking them up and wearing them, but good enough so they keep the sun out of my eyes. As an added bonus, my kids were 'skeeved out' about me wearing them.

I'm glad my sunglasses got a new home! LOL I think I've lost about 3 pair in MGM at various times. Don't know what it is about that place and sunglasses. And you were right...I think they were about $7.

Most of our really good souvenirs have been functional. Pajamas are great (though I've sworn them off for myself...their plus size pajamas always shrink funny and get super short and super wide...they have nice ones for little girls though). I have a Pooh apron that I bought at least 5 years ago that they still sell in some of the shops. I honestly hate aprons but I'm the messiest cook on earth and if I don't want all my clothes hopelessly stained I wear one. The refrigerator magnets we've had since '94 have taken a beating so we could use more of those. And we have some great drinking glasses and beach towels.

I'm considering the charm bracelet for next time!

We picked up the Mickey waffle iron and use it all the time. Also have gotten the pizza cutter, whisk, and bottle opener. My favorite thing to do though is get a disney dated xmas ornament and an ornament from each country in World Showcase.

The last time we were there, I bought myself a really nice disney watch. That way, when I am at work having a lousy day, I can look down at the time and remember my son's first trip to Disney World! It was a luxury purchase for me, but well worth it!!

I don't like to bring all kinds of "stuff" back home so we usually get towels or sweatshirts. BUT my favorite is the re-fillable mugs. We each get them every year for the past few years and each of us use them for coffee/juice each day on the way to work/school. Practical souviner and an every day reminder of where we really want to be.... :love: :cloud9:

My DH has very short hair and burns on top if he doesn't wear a hat - in spite of my always packing one for him, it never seems to come with us out of the hotel room. Wherever we go, we seem to end up with a hat! Last time, I bought myself an Animal Kingdom visor to keep the sun out of my eyes while still letting my hair be free on top (I have more than DH, thank goodness!)

I think another great thing to bring home is one of the Cooking with Mickey cookbooks - you can enjoy the WDW chefs creativity at home too! I made the Chocolate Souffle from Palo on DCL and was a big hero! :cool1:

Philadisney said:
Hi everyone - I admit that the last thing i need is another disney souvenier, but i'd like to bring at least one special thing back with me from my trip in march. the thing is, i'm not one for little knicknacks or pictures, i like functional souveniers - stuff that i can USE. i already have a great set of drinking glasses (including a shotglass, ha) and a wallet from my last trip, so i don't need those. i was wondering what other people's favourite functional souveniers were to buy at the parks? thanks! princess:

a 'Mom' Coffeecup!! :)

it was Oct 2003 and I'd quit smoking -- after 20 years -- in July. And I still wasn't 'over it'. (Not sure I ever will be :smokin: but hey) At that point I still had some pretty strong triggers, the two worst were
- driving and (not) smoking
- drinking coffee and (not) smoking
So we drove to Florida :P and I had to learn to drive a long long way. And then I bought the coffee cup so that I could remind myself from then on that 'cigarette money' not spent would be good for another trip to Disney!

Definately my best ever, functional in so many ways, souvenier. :bride:

A lunch bag! I brown-bag it every day and I bought a lunch bag 2 years ago at the Emporium on Main Street that has "Walt Disney World" on it and the symbols of all 4 parks. It has two compartments, with room for ice packs in both.

I also use my refillable mug every day for my coffee!!!

Hi, My BEST would have to be my MIckey Mouse METAL COCKTAIL SHAKER! It helps mix up a very nice ICEY drink. ;) Also, BEACH TOWELS. Great to use at WDW(pools,waterparks,fountains) and great at home,we have a pool ! And of course PHOTO ALBUMS. Joan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter