Best gluten free places

emmababy

DIS Veteran
This will be our first trip since my Daughter was diagnosed Celiac. She's 11. I have notated it on our reservations but what about quick services and buffet?

This will be our first trip since my Daughter was diagnosed Celiac. She's 11. I have notated it on our reservations but what about quick services and buffet?
My son is gluten free, and we mostly eat table service at WDW. Almost every table service restaurant at WDW has multiple good GF options, and they'll have a chef personally walk you through any buffets. WDW's great accommodation of GF diners at their table service restaurants is one of the main reasons we vacation there so often.

Quick service is a whole other ballgame. There are still GF options, but you'll have to wait much longer for GF quick service than regular quick service. A 20-minute wait isn't unusual. The exception to this is Be Our Guest, which is QS for breakfast & lunch, but isn't really a typical quick service restaurant.

Thank you!! I need to research and look at a small grocery delivery so I can bring things I know she will/can eat. She's not a salad water but is ok with Chicken, rice..
Breakfast is easy but trying to get good ideas for lunch at theme parks. We aren't doing DHS

I've done many GF Disney trips and there are so many good options. As mentioned, note it on your dining reservations and just remind your server when you get there.

One thing that has changed is in Biergarten where the chef no longer takes you around the buffet, but you are given a pamphlet with all the gluten free foods listed. They still gave me the option of having a chef come out if I had any questions, but I ate there many times and knew which foods were safe for me. Tusker House had a chef take me around the buffet in May, Ohana (family style) brings GF sides to you but the meats are naturally GF, Ohana breakfast brings your own platter including GF waffles.
We usually preorder lunch for BOG and there is an allergy option on the app so my food is ready when the rest of my family's is. I wish they had that option with the new mobile ordering system at other restaurants, but they don't. At QS I ask for the GF menu when I order and you will have to wait longer. We usually go to WDW during Flower & Garden or Food & Wine and the booths clearly mark their GF options.

That's great to know about F&W as we will be there then!!! She's your typical
11 year old and not overly adventurous so it will be nice to know Disney has gone to such lengths!

My daughter and I have to eat gf and our trip a couple of years back was terrific! I could go without anything special, but she was 6 at the time and I was really concerned about "eating out" anywhere. We stayed at AoA and having a chef come out with a special menu for us to order from was really wonderful. I found we had a longer wait at the resort than at any QS in the parks. Her 6 yr old palate was very happy with QS hamburgers on gf buns, gf chicken nuggets and gf mac and cheese. Tusker House had delicious gf options, you can get gf Mickey waffles just about everywhere and, if I recall correctly, there was gf pizza at Landscape of Flavors (AoA). We ate at Tusker House, BOG, Cinderella's Royal Table, Akershus, QS places throughout the parks and at the resort, without a single worry. This time around, we can't wait to try the gf beignets at Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory at Port Orleans French Quarter Resort. Getting some groceries is a terrific idea! Fruit and veggies are always gf and (most of the time) so is cheese. We always try to have some gf granola bars on hand. In my opinion, Disney does an absolutely fantastic job catering to special diets and food allergies.

Thank you all!!! This is very helpful!

QUOTE="jina, post: 58084561, member: 487952"]We went in 2013 (DH and I are both GF) and ate very well. DD was 4 at the time and mainly ate GF with us so we could all share. Favorites were Saana, BOG, T-Rex (Get a Landry's select membership so you get preferred seating), BOMA and Crystal Palace. I blogged about it way back then if you are interested.
http://glutenfreetop10.blogspot.com/2013/11/disney-world-gluten-free.html[/QUOTE]
Thankmypin

So many wonderful options, table service and quick service. Especially if she isn't very adventurous.

Almost any counter service that serves french fries, also has uncontaminated fries. Most will have bread or a bun. They will also have some sort of "dessert." Most of the time it is the same dessert, cookies or a brownie. (I am not a fan of the gluten free, vegan bakery at Disney Springs. They use bean flour, and to me, it isn't very tasty.)

Table service will all have at least some options. Most of them will have numerous options.

Disney is my go to place for gluten free. After over 10 years of being gluten free, I haven't found a better destination than Disney.

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease more than 20 years ago. Disney is wonderful. You can find GF chicken tenders at QS locations in every park. They come with French fries (not rice). There is rotisserie chicken and rice at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot. In addition to the above you can find gluten free pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, BBQ chicken and ribs at QS locations. They usually offer GF brownies and chocolate chip cookies too. As stated above, you may have to wait 10-20 minutes because the GF food is made to order.

The above web site, glutenfreedairyfreewdw, is a wonderful resource. She has all the allergy menus on her site so you can see what is available where.

The bakery on Main Street and the candy shop in HS have small gluten free areas. I really like the soft lemon cookies they sell.

Maybe I have just been very lucky, but I have never had to wait 20 minutes for my meal. In fact, I can't remember it taking much longer than my husband's meal.

Also, know that at counter service your daughter's meal will come out on a different color tray.

Counter service for us typically adds 10-15 minutes with the allergies, but they feel much longer when standing at the counter and sea of people moving past you! If Table Service is an option, I prefer that. When we eat TS, I try to go early to avoid the worst rush. We have dined at many places both TS and CS and I have left photo reviews of those here If I had to choose CS favorites, Liberty Inn is safe at Epcot, as is Sunshine Seasons. I like the ABC Com at HS and Pecos is an easy one at MK.

I'm celiac and I know a couple places inside the Magic Kingdom accommodate to gluten free if mentioned. Any quick service (in any park) that serves hamburgers/cheeseburgers, if you ask without the bun, they normally ask if it's an allergy and will offer either a lettuce wrap, gf bun, or the burger by itself. Also at Pecos Cafe in Frontierland, you can get a burrito in a bowl so that it's just the rice and meat (you can add whatever toppings to it).

I was diagnosed in 2009 with Celiacs and at that time we had a trip planned to Disney and I honestly wanted to cancel because I was so overwhelmed. I am so glad I didn't! There are so many options. My favourite is Be Our Guest, Chef Mickeys, Tucker House and Flametree BBQ. I tend to stay away from a lot of the Epcot restaurants as I read they are sometimes privately managed. I think someone else gave you the link - they will email a list of places with GF food. It has become our top vacation spot because of all the options and I have never had an issue!

I'm celiac and I know a couple places inside the Magic Kingdom accommodate to gluten free if mentioned. Any quick service (in any park) that serves hamburgers/cheeseburgers, if you ask without the bun, they normally ask if it's an allergy and will offer either a lettuce wrap, gf bun, or the burger by itself. Also at Pecos Cafe in Frontierland, you can get a burrito in a bowl so that it's just the rice and meat (you can add whatever toppings to it).
I can't think of any quick service that would have a problem accommodating gluten free. Snack places, sure. But quick service places for lunch or dinner? If not every single place, certainly close to it, can accommodate it.

Instead of asking for something without a bun, ask to see the allergy menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter