Best Hamburger in Disneyland or DCA

An old favorite of ours in the Hungry Bear in Critter Country in Disneyland. The food is good and we love the ambiance of being on the Rivers of America with the Mark Twain going by and sometimes the Columbia and the canoes. The children also love throwing a few fries to the ducks.

Our second favorite is the Taste Piolot Grill in DCA they have a nice toppings bar, the children enjoy the computer ordering.

Avoid the Tomorrowland Terrace/ Club Buzz burger

Mediocre results at the Village Haus in Fantasyland

Just my opinion though, there might be other great options! :sunny:

wackywexler said:
An old favorite of ours in the Hungry Bear in Critter Country in Disneyland. The food is good and we love the ambiance of being on the Rivers of America with the Mark Twain going by and sometimes the Columbia and the canoes. The children also love throwing a few fries to the ducks.

Our second favorite is the Taste Piolot Grill in DCA they have a nice toppings bar, the children enjoy the computer ordering.
/QUOTE]

I agree. My kids loved feeding the ducks too at Hungry Bear. Nice shaded ambience. The Chicken Burger was good too.

And the Taste Pilots Grill burgers were good too, like said above, with lots of toppings to choose from, and a fun ordering system!! :)

Disneyland - Hungry Bear

DCA - Taste Pilot's Grill

Overall - White Water Snacks - GC Hotel - Use the entrance from DCA. :)

spazzyjazzy said:
Club Buzz.

The worst meal I ever had a DLR was a burger at Club Buzz. Tasted like a hockey puck. Hard, dry and just nasty. And that was during dinner rush. Can't imagine if it had sat out for very long!

We really like Taste Pilots at DCA too. :)

pirate: We've ate many burgers at DL and also at WDW.. I honestly have to say that the best burger we had at Disneyland was at Storyteller's Cafe at the Grand Californian. This may not be the approriate place to post this reply as to that your post may only be at the parks and not the resorts. I have to say that even though it was expensive in my opinion for a burger, Storyteller's wins hands down because the way they cooked the burger to your specifications and the atmosphere cannot be beat!!!! However if you decide to have a burger in the Parks, Hungry Bear in Critter Country would be my 1st choice and Taste Pilot's Grill located in Condor Flat's in DCA would be my 2nd choice!!! Now as far as WDW goes!!!! Hands down PECO'S BILL'S in FRONTIERLAND by the Country Bear Jamboree if nothing else but for the FIXING'S BAR which is the best. Hope some of this info. helped. Chip.

Another vote for White Water Snacks inside the Grand ..
The burger baskets include fries (fresh!) and they add whole strawberries on the side for a spike of color.
I love the seating outdoors (hear people on GRR, nice breeze, comfy tables/benches, little birds sometimes hop by if it's a quiet day).
You place your order with the cashier and they bring the food out to you - very fresh. The child's cheeseburger is nearly the same size as adults, good savings!

I like their chicken sandwhich too, nicely grilled with a chili on top and cheese-- yum!

Other votes:
Hungry Bear
Taste Pilot's (but don't like the smile fries in child meal)

Don't try:
Club Buzz- eww... like those burgeres you buy at convenience stores..
Stage Door -- tasted like a really old vegie burger, school lunch style.. (changed menu now has chicken strips that I have heard are very yummy!)

I haven't found the "best" burger yet. Still looking. We usually have gotten decent ones at Village Haus. Not great, but edible. I didnt care for Taste Pilots though. It was meh. Sweetpea loved it though. Might have been an off day since everyone raves about it. But not my first choice. Hungry Bear has always been good, consistent. If you are expecting a great burge, you wont find it. But you can find a good burger, on a good day. JMO

How do you like your hamburgers? Ground sirloin or higher fat content? Grilled or flame broiled? I personally like the burgers at Croc Bites next to the Lost Bar next to Hook's Pointe Restaurant.

At Disneyland either Village Haus or Hungry Bear. At DCA, Taste Pilots which are far better than the ones I have had at Disneyland! In DTD, the burgers at RFC are pretty good, except on the kids menu. The kids menu ones are these little mini burgers that I swear are those frozen White Castle burgers. My kids thought they were nasty and they are never picky!

I'm surprised how many are recomending Village Haus. It must have changed in the last couple of years. It is the only place in the entire resort I will not eat. I have never gotten a good meal there.

hlbtimes2 said:
I'm surprised how many are recomending Village Haus. It must have changed in the last couple of years. It is the only place in the entire resort I will not eat. I have never gotten a good meal there.

I haven't eaten there in awhile, but as I recall the burger was fine. My son got pizza that was so gross I took it back and my daughter got a salad that had frozen lettuce! But the OP said "burger" so I can honestly say the couple I have had there were pretty good! On a sidenote, The Village Haus in MK at WDW makes the Disneyland one seem like fine dining!

Here's another for "White Water Snacks" at the Grand Californian. It's a very short walk from the park entrance directly from the hotel. Just get your hand stamped when you exit DCA, have lunch or dinner and then your right back in the park. Great burgers and fantastic chili dogs. :thumbsup2

one more vote for taste pilot's grill for sure!

hlbtimes2 said:

I didn't like the burgers there, either. My son got one and ate it (he's six and not too picky) and if it had come to me, I don't think I could have finished it. The patty was like a hockey puck (nice phrase used above :teeth: ). Also, we went to try Hungry Bear on another trip and I ask if they were the same burgers as at Village Haus, and the CM said yes :worried: so we didn't get one.

I would agree about eating at Whitewater snacks or Storyteller Cafe (VERY tasty food at storyteller!!!) if you are really looking for a decent burger.

I'm going to add another vote for Taste Pilot's Grill and another vote for Hungry Bear, both were pretty good, and the ambiance at the Hungry Bear is extremely relaxing. If for nothing more than the setting, Hungry Bear is a must-do for me every trip! I'm also going to give a vote against the Village Haus and Club Buzz, had a couple not very good burgers/sandwiches there and won't go back again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter