Best Hotel for 3yo and 7yo girl? PBG or HRH?

kmdrago1783

Mouseketeer
We are traveling in February.. in Orlando for 10 nights total. Doing 3 nights at Universal bf moving to Disney toward the end of the week.

Which hotel is more kid friendly? We may swim if it's warm enough but that remains to be seen, so pool isn't the biggest factor.

Honestly, they are all child friendly and suitable for families. Choose the style that suits your family best.

Royal pacific doesn't have a slide in its pool.

HRH has more of a hip vibe, lots of young adults but it always was family friendly when we were there. Easily walkable to parks to skip the boat with the kids.

I don't walk to RPH, many do, it's a great choice all around. Always lots of kids & more compact that PBH.

PBH is our favorite, especially when just as a couple. It's our soon to be 7 y.o. GDs favorite onsite, loves the waterslide, but she does enjoy RPH.

All the hotels are kid friendly

Pool activities geared for kids at all of them

Onsite eateries have children menus

We've stayed at Royal Pacific and Hard Rock, and loved them both. I'd give a slight edge to RP for atmosphere. - I just like the tropical feel. But I'd give a big practical advantage to HR for location. We could see a roller coaster from our window, and walking to and from the parks was super convenient! (And one time when we were tired, we took the bicycle taxi. - DS got a kick out of that.)

As someone above mentioned, both pools had games for the kids. HR is a little fancier, but RP had a luau that we really enjoyed. Walking (HR) is great if you don't want to wait, but the boat (RP) is nice if you don't want to walk...I say go with your gut.

We stayed at RPR with our 9 year old in February and enjoyed it. She was able to swim one afternoon but other than that, we didn't use the pool. We enjoyed the proximity to the parks and mostly walked to the parks. For our upcoming trip in December (to use our AP's again before they expire), we are bringing our oldest daughter who is in grad school and we chose HRH club level. I'm excited to give it a try!

Edited to add that I just cancelled HRH and booked a club level room at RPR instead. The rate at RPR mysteriously went down from the last time I looked and I was able to save $150 by staying at RPR. We enjoyed the hotel last time and the $150 will help to cover the cost of a ticket for our oldest daughter who does not have an AP.

Last edited:
How do you plan to travel between the hotel and the parks? The walk from HRH is significantly easier than from the other hotels - but how is your older child at walking? Will you have a stroller at the hotel for transporting the younger one, or will someone be carrying her?

I remember waiting a long time at PBH for the boat - and the boat only gets you as far as City Walk; you still have to walk from there.

I remember being exhausted by the walk to/from RPR, but it was July so that could make a difference. Also, we were walking directly to the Harry Potter section of Islands of Adventure, and that's way in the back of the park.

If they will be swimming, look at pictures of the pools. My nephews did not enjoy the HRH pool. The big "feature" was supposed to be the underwater music, and they didn't care about that.

I like the atmosphere and decor at RPR better than PBH and HRH. PBH was fancier, but I personally don't feel it's worth it to pay more just for fancier. You are supposed to be impressed by the rock memorabilia at HRH, but we weren't.

My take on it is that all of the hotels are kid-friendly, but the decor at HRH and PBH are not designed to impress kids. Your kids would be comfortable and would have a great time at any of the hotels, but wouldn't appreciate the design for which these two hotels are known. If you were to point out the design features at HRH or PBH to your kids, I can imagine them saying, "Who cares about that?" (to quote one of my nephews, who was not talking about hotels at the time, but I love that line.) I think they would appreciate the decor at RPR.

Hrh is closer to the studios if you are walking

Rpr is closer to IOA when walking
Also shortest walk from the hotels to city walk is from rpr

Use the water taxi from any hotel and you are left off at the city walk dock

For me, feel shorter walk to the studios by maybe a few minutes once off the water taxi

I agree mac.

We only use the water taxi in the morning if we're going to the Studios.......the walk to and from IOA from RPR takes 6-7 minutes for us. Not long at all. I always feel we'd be double backing to go to Islands from boat.

None of the hotels are far to walk at all, even PBH. Less than 15 minutes.

Pbh.

You can pool hop. So don't let pools at once specific place sway you too much.

Hrh is my least fave but all three are good. Pbh has a lovely quality that my son even at 7ish loved. He felt very fancy there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter