best kept secrets

Daisy Duck 5

DIS Veteran<br><font color=deeppink>I'm dorky dipp
What is a secret you know of that not many people know of??
I heard there was a butterfly farm in one of the parks does anyone know abou this??

Yes there is a butterfly garden in Epcot in the future world section.
Near the universe of energy you would walk sraight and to the right I believe. It is small but very pretty with butterflies.
Donna

I think I read somewhere that there was a butterfly farm at POR... I will find out for sure in about 3 weeks! Don't have any other secrets though :(

Not many know about being a flag family at WL. Every morning, the WL holds a flag raising ceremony. One lucky family travels with Ranger Stan to the top of the roof with him and raises numerous flags(WDW,WL, American Flag etc,). You salute, do the pledge and get to take some amazing pictures in an area that most people never get access to. They even give you a certificate!

You have to be a guest at WL. When you check in, you ask the CM to sign you up. They then check the book to see what days are available.

I don't know if this is a secret or not, but I bet a lot of people don't know that if you're riding the monorail, you can ask to sit in the front with the driver. You may have to wait for the next ride, but it's worth it. You even get a little card saying you're an official driver. My kids still love to do this, and they're 16 and 12 (I like it too!).

Sheri

I know that most people who aren't really ito WDW don't know this great time-saving tip:

That you can get a PS for breakfast for 1 hr before the park opens (I don't know if this happens on EE days). You can visit with the characters without wasting park time and you can be done wth breakfast before the park opens and be way ahead of the game for the rest of the day.
:cool:

Originally posted by Daisy Duck 5
I heard there was a butterfly farm in one of the parks does anyone know abou this??

There is a wonderful butterfly garden along the parking lot at the Grand Floridian. We went there for breakfast one morning and parked in the lot across the street from the hotel. We found the most beautiful garden right adjacent to the lot. The butterflies were swarming all over the flowers and plants. A trick to have them land on your hand is to lick your fingers and then put it near the butterflies. They will usually "stop by for a visit". It's fun for the kids to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter