• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best outlets for designer bargains

alexandra uk

DIS Veteran
Whwn we go to Orlando we want to get down to some serious bargin hunting for designer clothes.
Which outlets/malls would u suggest are the best ?
:jester: 134 to go :jester:

There is SO much choice, this is a tough question to nail down. I've found for casual shirts , jeans and chinos that places like world of denim are the best. For "mid market" designer names then the Beltz area on IDrive (North) works well and for the slightl;y more upmarket names the Premium Outlet Mall at the opposite end on IDrive ( in the crossroads area).

Hi Alex

Well - you're going to the right place for some serious shopping!

I love shopping in Florida and have found the following places to be worth visiting:

Florida Mall

Belz Designer Outlet Mall

Belz Factory Outlet Mall

Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores

Orlando Premium Outlets

Pointe Orlando

Kissimmee Value Outlet Shops

There are also a couple of Flea Markets along the 192 which have bargains, but maybe not in the 'Designer' bracket.

When looking round the websites above, look out for "Coupons" or "Vouchers". You can normally print these off and if you take them to Customer Services at the relevant Mall/Outlet, you will be given a booklet of Discount Vouchers. Obviously, only selected stores/companies participate in the various schemes, but worth looking - you might just save even more $$$

Hope this helps - I am sure there are tons more, but these are the ones I've shopped at :)

Opening on October 18 (I think) will be the brand new (and ultra-smart) Mall at Millenia, just north of Universal and just off I4 (you can't miss it; one corner is a massive Bloomingdale's). This will be the most upmarket shopping devt in central Florida, and I think there will be some major bargs for the opening month. Miss it if you dare!

Simon,

Yippee, we'll be there for the opening. I seriously hope it isn't delayed!!

Is there any more info on this one Simon??

Lisa

ps I can't remember but is there a Guess outlet at the Premium Outlet Mall???

Hi Lisa

Looking through their website it does list a Guess? Outlet - so hopefully you'll be able to shop till your hearts content :)

HTH

Thanks Janice.

I can't remember seeing it last year when we were there, mind you I didn't get to see much as we spent most of our time in Hugo Boss and flaming Timberland courtesy of DH. It's a myth about men not liking shopping!! ;)

It's my turn this year...

Lisa

Lisa,

There is a Guess outlet at the Premium Outlets, but it's not a patch on the 'real thing' at the Florida Mall.

Check out the Mall at Millenia website for more info.

I know that feeling only too well Lisa - my DH will only shop in Orlando! When we come home, it is with bags of stuff for him, I dont usually get very much for myself! LOL

Deb - that Millenia Mall looks pretty amazing and might be just the right thing to entice Chris back sooner than I thought :)

Hey Janice,

My husband is exactly the same!!! He only seems to buy clothes once a year!!

I've seen a gorgeous dress and shoes in this week's Real magazine. The dress was from Monsoon @ £95 and the shoes from Bertie @ £65. I rang both Monsoon & Bertie and they said that didn't recognise both the dress or shoes. It seems that Real have got the stockists mixed up and the dress is a DKNY @ £225 and shoes from Dune @ £90. I was absolutely gutted!!! I even had a night out planned wearing my new outfit, the shoes I can go for but a £225 dress, maybe not :rolleyes:

Lisa

Originally posted by SimonV
Opening on October 18 (I think) will be the brand new (and ultra-smart) Mall at Millenia, just north of Universal and just off I4 (you can't miss it; one corner is a massive Bloomingdale's). This will be the most upmarket shopping devt in central Florida, and I think there will be some major bargs for the opening month. Miss it if you dare!

damn damn damn

we fly home of 5 oct

the last time we went to orlando we missed the opening of universal studios by a day !!

sods law

Originally posted by lisag1
Hey Janice,

Lisa

That seems often enough to me LOL;)

Originally posted by lisag1
Hey Janice,

Lisa

Seems perfectly reasonable to me. Role on April because I realy need some new clothes.

Mike

Hi Alexandra

It depends really on what the individual is looking for - and what you constitute as a bargain.

My son really liked Pointe Orlando because they have an Armani Exchange there - he got a jacket he had seen in the UK, priced at £295 for just over $120 - that was a bargain.................but, two days later we were walking past the shop again, and they had put that jacket into the sale - he went in and the guy said if he took back the jacket with the receipt, they would credit the difference - so he ended up with the Jacket for $85. That was a bit like "Are they doing a deal, or are they doing a deal?"

My daughter and DS's Girlfriend really liked Premium Outlet Malls because they got some brilliant prices for stuff at the Huge Gap there, and last year I got my daughter a DKNY Denim jacket there for $23 - it was in the DKNY concession in House of Frazer when we got home at £125!!!!

My husband likes World of Denim - they have some really good bargains on Ralph Lauren, Timberland, Levi's etc. He also like the Van Heusen Outlet along the 192.

I liked Saks of Fifth at Beltz Designer Outlets (just because) - and also Dress Barn and Beales for everyday wear.

So you see - I think you can get a bargain anywhere - and if you keep in your mind what you would pay for stuff here - you cant go far wrong.

And............as you can see - we are family of shoppers! LOL ;)

HTH

Hi Alexandra

There are several World of Denim shops all around - notably a couple along International Drive and a couple along the 192.

There is one in Pointe Orlando - I dont recall seeing any at the other Malls though.

They are independant shops - but the stock of jeans they have is pretty amazing! One thinkg that is really good about them is that they will take up Jeans, whilst you wait at no extra charge. (Well at least they did in one of the stores along the 192 a couple of years ago anyway)

If you're into Jeans - especially Levi's - then this is the shop for you.

They also stock Calvin Klein's, Guess, RL, to name a few.

HTH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter