Best Place for Illuminations

a_sailor's_wife

DIS Veteran
Our first night there, we decided to take DS to the fireworks at Epcot. We'll grab something that is quick while at the WS to eat. Then head to find a place for Illuminations. Any good suggestions? Thanks!

All the best spots are now routinely roped off for people Disney likes better than you. :) The part that is roped off in Italy was always my favorite. Now I try to get something near that.

Near England is also not bad. I sometimes stand behind the roped off section there.

So long as you aren't under trees, you're in pretty good shape. Lots of Illuminations happens in the air and the trees will block your view.

Have fun! :)

Anywhere in and around Mexico is good. Just make sure there are no trees above and you have a good view of the water. To me, if you can't see the portion of the show that's low or on the water, you're just viewing a so-so fireworks show.

IMO, the best viewing spot is on the side of Future World, standing next to railing on either side of the two shops.

There are so many places to view IllumiNations at Epcot's World Showcase that are wonderful in their own way that its futile to try to list them, so I will. ;)

Some great ones have been recommended in the earlier posts.
Those and a few more are listed below-

• Bridge between UK and France
• Near the twin gift shops at the entrance to WS from FW
• Norway area
• Upper level (outside front terrace) of the Matsu No Ma Lounge in Japan
• Italy, near the Gondolas
• Mexico, at the oudoor Cantina
• Mexico, bridge to the right of oudoor Cantina (as you face the lagoon.)
• UK, the Rose & Crown outdoor dining area (ressies required.)
• UK, just to the left of the Rose & Crown (as you face the lagoon.)
• Many, many more great spots.

Best Tip:
Don't stand down-wind of the fireworks.
Smoke will ruin the show.

There are so many places to view IllumiNations at Epcot's World Showcase that are wonderful in their own way that its futile to try to list them, so I will. ;)

Some great ones have been recommended in the earlier posts.
Those and a few more are listed below-

• Bridge between UK and France
• Near the twin gift shops at the entrance to WS from FW
• Norway area
• Upper level (outside front terrace) of the Matsu No Ma Lounge in Japan
• Italy, near the Gondolas
• Mexico, at the oudoor Cantina
• Mexico, bridge to the right of oudoor Cantina (as you face the lagoon.)
• UK, the Rose & Crown outdoor dining area (ressies required.)
• UK, just to the left of the Rose & Crown (as you face the lagoon.)
• Many, many more great spots.

Best Tip:
Don't stand down-wind of the fireworks.
Smoke will ruin the show.

Great list! Last we sat in between in the gift shops at the entrance to WS from FW and it was wonderful! Even snagged a bench there. I think we'll try that again.

I like in front of Canada...but you do need to stand by the fence.

I have an ADR for the Rose and Crown at 7:40 p.m. It was an hour later than I wanted, but all they had when I called. I thought we would have to RUSH through dinner or cancel. Then I read that you can see Illuminations from the dining patio?

How do you know if you will be seated on the patio? Do you have to specifically request that when making the reservation?

Thanks!

I have an ADR for the Rose and Crown at 7:40 p.m. It was an hour later than I wanted, but all they had when I called. I thought we would have to RUSH through dinner or cancel. Then I read that you can see Illuminations from the dining patio?

How do you know if you will be seated on the patio? Do you have to specifically request that when making the reservation?

Thanks!

You should certainly ASK when you arrive.

If you don't get a table where you can see the show, you are still allowed to take a break and walk out to the patio to enjoy the show from there.

The show lasts about 15 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter