Best pool? OKW or SSR

Earning My Ears
Traveling in 2015 w 6 yr old. Which pool is better- OKW or SSR? Thanks!

In our opinion, without a doubt, it would be SSR. SSR also has a newer themed pool so there are now two located at SSR.

I am not sure that is is such a slam dunk as OKW pool is great for kids, but I also give the nod to SSR as having better "pools" than OKW.

In our opinion, without a doubt, it would be SSR. SSR also has a newer themed pool so there are now two located at SSR.

I agree. Plus, there's the Grandstand and Congress Park, both very nice pools. There's a play area and charcoal grill by Congress Park's pool, a hot tub too! Grandstand has a splash area.

SSR And don't forget about the Paddock pool, which has a great kids water play area as well as a nicely themed pool & slide. The main pool over at the springs has a lil of everything...0 entry, hot tubs, small slide & large slide, lots of jumping areas...

I agree with the others that SSR has better pools overall. I will say that the sandcastle slide at OKW may be the fastest slide at any DVC resort, my kids love it.

Thanks so much for the info! SSR it is. My only hesitation is that everyone says the bus service takes forever at SSR. However, we stayed at AKL the last two times, and it wasn't so bad even with the walk to the rooms.

People get caught up on the bus times to the parks. The way we look at it is what is 5 or 10 more minutes in the whole scheme of the day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter