Will Island Tower follow Riviera sale timeline?

SugarSweetLee

Mouseketeer
I was curious how far after things were announced that Riviera DVC points went up for sale.

Www.dvchelp.com says "In a rare move, in January 2019 - Disney announced resort cash bookings available at the Riviera resort starting in February. Eventually - they announced sales for existing owners in March and new owners starting April 15, 2019."

If we compare now to the timeline then, do folks think DVC sales will start in July or so (a month after cash)?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you use the cash bookings as a guide, then it appears that July would be the time it goes to sale.

I also wonder if they might launch something to coincide with the next promo period once the current spring incentives finish up on June 24th...

If you use the cash bookings as a guide, then it appears that July would be the time it goes to sale.
I really hope they start selling with the new incentive cycle or just after, in early July. It’s completely silly but we’re there for the first week and I’d love to buy and sign on property. Our only direct purchase was over phone and email so I would love to experience the process in person lol and we’re staying at the Poly, feels fitting ! May the stars align and the pixie dust dust 🤞🏼

:tink:

I really hope they start selling with the new incentive cycle or just after, in early July. It’s completely silly but we’re there for the first week and I’d love to buy and sign on property. Our only direct purchase was over phone and email so I would love to experience the process in person lol and we’re staying at the Poly, feels fitting ! May the stars align and the pixie dust dust 🤞🏼

:tink:

We are debating a RIV purchase (waiting til end of period to pull the trigger) but are reeeeally curious about what the next incentive will be. I hope whatever they offer all launches together so that we can be within our 10 day window to change plans if it's something we can't pass up. 😬🤞

We are debating a RIV purchase (waiting til end of period to pull the trigger) but are reeeeally curious about what the next incentive will be. I hope whatever they offer all launches together so that we can be within our 10 day window to change plans if it's something we can't pass up. 😬🤞
I’m in a similar place with buying more RIV (we already own 100pts and love it there) and I was going to wait until the end of the this cycle but I realize we’re only likely to get 50-100 more for now and there’s almost never incentives for that amount (although currently there is for 100pts I believe) but if we want more Poly, it’ll definitely be either 50pts at RIV or put on the back burner until next year or two, so it won’t matter too much what the new incentives are for my situation.

Definitely smart to wait if you’re planing to buy 150pts or more to see what your best options are! And I agree, I hope they lump all the incentives and new sales for PVB together. It would be so helpful to have all our options laid out in front of us.

I’m in a similar place with buying more RIV (we already own 100pts and love it there) and I was going to wait until the end of the this cycle but I realize we’re only likely to get 50-100 more for now and there’s almost never incentives for that amount (although currently there is for 100pts I believe) but if we want more Poly, it’ll definitely be either 50pts at RIV or put on the back burner until next year or two, so it won’t matter too much what the new incentives are for my situation.

Definitely smart to wait if you’re planing to buy 150pts or more to see what your best options are! And I agree, I hope they lump all the incentives and new sales for PVB together. It would be so helpful to have all our options laid out in front of us.

Yes! We are hoping to at least buy 150, maybe a little more depending how sweet the pot gets 🤭 This would be our first DVC contract- we actually made an (accepted!) bid on a RIV resale contract, but I immediately felt sick about it when I thought more about never being able to use the points anywhere else ever ever ever...you get the picture, lol. So we backed out. When I did the math again the price difference between the resale vs direct comes out to maybe $200ish more per year for 40ish years? Which is something I can live with, I think, if it means we get to go to Hawaii and California and try out all the other current and future resorts...

Same here! I'm trying to decide between Riv or Poly. I am leaning holding out for Poly, but I wish I had some idea of pricing (expecting it to be higher than Riv) so I can make a decision with all the info laid in front of me about how much more I am truly going to spend. I'm still trying to decide what my personal "Poly premium" is.

Same here! I'm trying to decide between Riv or Poly. I am leaning holding out for Poly, but I wish I had some idea of pricing (expecting it to be higher than Riv) so I can make a decision with all the info laid in front of me about how much more I am truly going to spend. I'm still trying to decide what my personal "Poly premium" is.
Me toooo! But if Poly starts at $250 as it is now, or $275 as some folks on here suggest, it will be too rich for my blood and an easy choice for RIV I think.

Me toooo! But if Poly starts at $250 as it is now, or $275 as some folks on here suggest, it will be too rich for my blood and an easy choice for RIV I think.
Agreed, although that speculation seems a bit off to me. People claimed VDH would start at $250 per point and it is sitting at $239 with decent incentives and not selling spectacularly.

If it truly ends up at that, I'm with you - Riv here we come, most likely. But at VDH price, I'm inclined to buy.

But if Poly starts at $250 as it is now, or $275 as some folks on here suggest
I would be shocked if it was higher than RIV. History already painted this picture for us with the GFV expansion but if they do get brave and go beyond they yeah I would do RIV too if that’s your jam. Less than two months away, feel for anyone that buys poly resale now, unless you want a balling fixed week. Good news is they will likely announce the date before spring sale ends so you have time to think it over 🥳

I would be shocked if it was higher than RIV. History already painted this picture for us with the GFV expansion but if they do get brave and go beyond they yeah I would do RIV too if that’s your jam. Less than two months away, feel for anyone that buys poly resale now, unless you want a balling fixed week. Good news is they will likely announce the date before spring sale ends so you have time to think it over 🥳
We are an adult couple with no kids. We stayed at Riviera for the first time in April for the race weekend and while we disliked the tower studio we were in, the resort itself was lovely and our kind of vibe. Granted, we have not stayed many deluxe places yet, but after watching video tours and comparing all the benefits and the things we want in a resort, I think it comes down to Riviera or Poly (specifically for the tower), with an edge to Riviera anyway bc I'm an Epcot girlie and the Skyliner is 😍. RIV isn't perfect but it gets a lot of things right. My husband isn't into Disney as much as I am, but he loved our stay (but again, not the tower room lol) and was more sold on the idea of DVC than I was initially just because he enjoyed how relaxing it was there.

I really hope they announce the DVC details soon, but imagine that won't come out until at least after the cash sale start date?

The only reason I see it potentially being more than RIV is that they current have active resorts selling at two different base prices…VDH is $239.

When VGF went back on sale, the others were all $207 so it matched. But, they didn’t match VDH to RIV…which is why I can see them start it to match that.

Yeah it will either be the same base price as Riv or as VDH; either way, the base price is kind of irrelevant, the incentives create the real price. I think it’s very safe to say Poly will have the highest price after incentives initially, and then depending on sales, that may remain true, or they may wind up giving bigger discounts later.

VGF v2 eventually got discounts that brought it below RIV. I think Poly v2 will sell a little better and probably that won’t ever happen? But it’s hard to say for sure.

It’s not gonna be no dang $275 though. Omg, lol.

We’re in the same boat, considering RIV direct but also very curious what the Poly incentives will be.

When I asked my guide about waiting until the end of this incentive period so we can take advantage of the 10 day window, he said we could do a 90 day escrow which would give us even more time to consider possible new incentives. Has anybody done this, and does it work the same way?

But, they didn’t match VDH to RIV
This is true but they also didn't need to since VDH is in Cali and have no other deluxe resorts in Cali they needed to align with and thought they could get away with the bump so back to I'll be shocked if they create a new price point for a WDW resort, even if it is Poly :-)

Poly will have the highest price after incentives initially
Agreed! No incentives for a 50 point add-on so not the end of the world for us if the incentives are crap, we throw on 50 direct then play the waiting game...wait for better incentives...wait for resale to normalize...wait for an absolution...that may never come...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter