Best pre-arrival souvenir for first timers?

yeheyprincex2

Adventure is out there!!
One of my best frineds is going to WDW for the first time with her husband, 8 and 4 year old girls first week of August. I wanted to gift the girls a souvenir before they leave. I need suggestions, please help! Ear? Wands? Shirt?

How will they be getting there? Are there any long drives or flights/layovers involved? If so, I might go with something Disney related that they can do on the way (provided they aren't the type to get car sick if they attempt to do anything while riding) such as an activity pad, book, reusable stickers, etc. It could serve as a boredom buster and to be a fun Disney item.

In the old days I would have suggested an autograph book, but that's clearly not helpful right now. :(

If they have any interest in pin trading, a starter lanyard set could make a great gift/souvenir. My sister did that for our nieces when they were around the age you're considering. The girls loved them and so did their parents! The parents were thrilled that it kept the girls entertained by giving them something to do while waiting in line. :woohoo:But that was over 5 years ago. I'm not sure how much pin trading people are doing while waiting in line right now. :sad1: ...and parents today might prefer that their kids not spend time leaning in to inspect a stranger's lanyard. :earseek: If pin trading doesn't work, I second matching ears. :earsgirl::earsgirl:

Do you want to give them something which they would take on the trip with them?

If so, I would not get mouse ears if the parents would want the kids to wear hats for sun protection. Ears are cute but offer no protection from the sun.

I don't think they would want to take wands with them. I think wands are more of a Harry Potter thing than a Disney thing these days.

Sometimes you can find either hand sanitizer or hand sanitizer holders with characters on them. That would be useful on a trip.

Some people like to buy glow in the dark bracelets at home and take them. Not Disney themed, but cheaper than buying them on property.

If you have a Target, a Dollar Tree or a Michael's store near you, they sometimes have little Disney things.

If so, I would not get mouse ears if the parents would want the kids to wear hats for sun protection. Ears are cute but offer no protection from the sun.
I hadn't considered that... I searched "Mickey ear hat" on Amazon & saw lots of options. Maybe something like that would be more practical. shopDisney has cute bucket hats with ears, but they're only available in a toddler size.

Oh! What about Disney-themed sunglasses? ...a practical souvenir that they can still use after their trip!

I would get a shirt and ears that coordinate. Ears are best from disney online but shirts can be found at Target sometimes. I love polka dot tee shirts or a dress on little girls. How sweet!

I love the idea of activities for the journey there- to be honest I love choosing or having my kids choose their ears and outfits… so I wouldn’t want someone gifting that.

How will they be getting there? Are there any long drives or flights/layovers involved? If so, I might go with something Disney related that they can do on the way (provided they aren't the type to get car sick if they attempt to do anything while riding) such as an activity pad, book, reusable stickers, etc. It could serve as a boredom buster and to be a fun Disney item.

In the old days I would have suggested an autograph book, but that's clearly not helpful right now. :(
Oh man this makes me sad 😢

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter