disneydreaming__

Earning My Ears
I know this is crazy early but planning the trip is half the fun, right?!

DH is running Disney marathon for the first time in Jan 2023 and he’s looking at where he might like to eat the night before so we can start to make a general plan…any suggestions?

He’s looking for pasta or other high carb option…and I was hoping for maybe an all-you-care-to-enjoy.

What’s your fave place to eat the night before you run the marathon?

Just make sure you don't try anything new. I don't think carb loading the night before really does much personally so I just go for a place that has food options I know will agree with me. That could be anywhere that isn't exotic to your normal food intake. I had Pop food court food before MW 2022 and then had some nut butter and UCAN the morning of.

Just make sure you don't try anything new. I don't think carb loading the night before really does much personally so I just go for a place that has food options I know will agree with me. That could be anywhere that isn't exotic to your normal food intake.

THIS!!!!

My must haves are 1) at or close to my hotel, 2) pretty generic food (i.e. close to what I would eat at home), and 3) somewhere I can get a very, very early dinner time (no later than 6 p.m. but usually closer to 4-5 p.m.). With the 5 a.m. start time, I want to make sure that everything is out of my system by the time I leave my hotel room the next morning.

I have been in a habit of eating Mama Melrose at lunch the day before the marathon, and then something simple and light for dinner. I may change it up this year. I don’t know yet. : )

I have been in a habit of eating Mama Melrose at lunch the day before the marathon, and then something simple and light for dinner. I may change it up this year. I don’t know yet. : )
We've used a similar strategy with a big lunch and then a smaller dinner. I've also never much bought into the whole carb-loading idea but I know many do. While I've not eaten there, like the PP said, I've heard really good things about Il Mulino.

I've done Via Napoli, Tutto Italia, Mama Melrose, and POR food court the night before my Disney marathons.

I enjoyed Via Napoli and Mama Melrose the most. I would not do all-you-can-eat before a marathon!

I also did The Plaza before the half once - neither of us liked our meals and we would not go back.

Yeah, I tend to agree that carb loading should be done a little earlier than the night before, but I love my carbs and would eat them everyday of the week.

Here is where I ate supper before each of the races for Dopey 2022:
  • The night before the 5k - 6:40pm reservation at Steakhouse 71.
  • The night before the 10k - 6:00pm reservation at Il Mulino.
  • The night before the Half - 6:10pm reservation at Skipper Canteen.
  • The night before the Full - 6:10pm reservation at Tokyo Dining.
In addition to the above, it was a full-time job looking for calories to stuff into my mouth after each race and before each supper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter