Best Secrets in Disneyland

What an amazing thread! Thanks everyone! I read every comment on every page and have several pages of notes as a result. Will definitely put these to good use when we're there for the first time in a few weeks!

Bumping up to see if anyone has anything to add...:thumbsup2

Love this! Bump!!

Any hints for scoring more points on toy story mania? My hubby always wins!

Watch youtube, there are some videos that give tips on how to open the easter eggs. Make sure it the new video with TS# characters because the scenes have changed. The ride is the same at WDW so a video of either ride will work. Shoot Fast, your ammo doesn't run out.

Going to DL today so i will confirm this secret to make sure even though it worked for me in the past. On the buzz lightyear ride, there are two zergs that you will see. A cast member told me that on the middle of his chest in both zergs there is a small black dot, almost looks like a little hole. Shoot at that and it will surely give you plenty of points. Try it out guys.

Going to DL today so i will confirm this secret to make sure even though it worked for me in the past. On the buzz lightyear ride, there are two zergs that you will see. A cast member told me that on the middle of his chest in both zergs there is a small black dot, almost looks like a little hole. Shoot at that and it will surely give you plenty of points. Try it out guys.

I've been told this too! My friend and I went on the ride at least 20 times one year and the cast member recognized us so we asked how it was possible that people were getting a million points. He said that he heard one of the Zergs has a black circle on his chest that you can shoot to get a ton of points. We never were able to find it though, haha.

I can confirm that this is true...I've hit the dot a few times and it instantly gives you a huge number of points :thumbsup2

I can confirm that this is true...I've hit the dot a few times and it instantly gives you a huge number of points :thumbsup2

I HAVE to try this next time! Is it on the big Zurg during the final big battle scene? Or the Zurg closer to the front of the ride?

I HAVE to try this next time! Is it on the big Zurg during the final big battle scene? Or the Zurg closer to the front of the ride?

IIRC, it's the one early in the ride. I can't get Youtube to work right now, so I'm not *100%* sure. But as I remember it, it's not the one at the end.

IIRC, it's the one early in the ride. I can't get Youtube to work right now, so I'm not *100%* sure. Bust as I remember it, it's not the one at the end.

Thanks! I always loose on this ride, so this tip is going to come in very handy! :thumbsup2

Thanks! I always loose on this ride, so this tip is going to come in very handy! :thumbsup2

No problem...hope it improves your score! Just look for the thing on Zurg's chest between the 2 lines; it looks kind of like the tiny camera lens on a cellphone.

awesome. We are heading to DL tomorrow, and DCA on Tuesday, and now I have a page of notes of things to look for and do. :) Can't wait!!

Yes, they reopened the castle walk through, but you go in at a different place now (to the left of the castle after you walk through it). I feel like they completely re-did it too, didn't it actually have rooms set up back in the day, or am I totally hallucinating? :confused:
I remember (faintly) in the early 60's ('64 I think) that there were little "windows" to look at small vignettes. I DO remember that my father had to pick me up to look into the scenes.

Okay, here's a new secret...
Thurl Ravenscroft, the owner of the amazing deep voice heard in "Grim Grinning Ghosts" and many other Disney attractions and movies, also provides the voice of one of the parrots in the Tiki Room. Can you guess which one?

I'll post the answer later!

PS - He also sang "You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch". Love that voice!

Most people will remember his voice as Tony the Tiger from Kellogg's Frosted Flakes.

P.S. Great thread! I am planning my third visit to DLR in October and will have to check out some of these "secrets". The first time I went was about 1964. I remember the Monsanto Home Of The Future and the Flying Saucers in Tomorrowland - I wasn't tall enough to ride the Flying Saucers,:mad: and the next time we went, they were GONE:mad:. My family told me that I was just "making them up" when we went back in 1969. Thanks to Yesterland I have proof that I was right:cool1:.

Next time you are walking by the Plaza Pavilion, look up at the roof. The back 1/2 of it is shared with the Tiki Room and is thatched. :)

The last time we went, my daughter had hot pink hair and Roz commented on the strange hair color on that "pretty little girl in the middle." My daughter thought it was the coolest thing she ever heard. :lovestruc
I remember when we went in 2009 that Roz commented on my friend's glasses saying they had similar ones, she was so caught off guard she was lost for words.

::yes::

It's in the * DLR Info/Links - Maps, Hotels, DISer Reviews, Hydroguy's tips, NEWBIE INFO here! thread. There are a few interesting links there. :)

Which needs to be gently updated hehe. Single Rider/FP thread the most, 2009 seems a long time ago now with ST and other changes :thumbsup2 Still awesome but a little behind the times :) I need all info for SR/FP rides as I am going solo to DL in 2 weeks, woot!

(had to edit LOL! My 1st post in 5 years and I'm complaining... lol) sowwy :)

My last trip to Disneyland me and my family were there for awhile and on our last day we started to notice the plants and saw mini pinapples(sorry i an not a spelling bee champ!) and oranges and other it was very intersting. So if you are there for awhile I would suggest looking. But if you arent then look last because the rides are amazing! :D

Candy Cane Inn is very nice to stay at it is walking distance to the parks. Also they have a bus thing which is good for little kids and they have free breakfast

Here's what may be a new one - maybe someone noticed it before I did last Wednesday, maybe not ...

Try to find the remote control hidden somewhere in the Star Tours queue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter