Best Studio View to Waitlist at AKV, BLT and WL

disneybirds

DIS Veteran
We are heading down for a very short visit in a few weeks and everything is booked except Saratoga. What view should I waitlist at AKV, BLT or WV for the best chances. I looked at the sticky at the top, but it doesn't have views detailed.

Is there a resource somewhere that I can compare the number of studios per view? Do you think one resort has more changes than others?

Thanks!

What view should I waitlist at AKV, BLT or WV for the best chances.

AKV - Savanna View at Kidani Village
BLT - Lake View
VWL - There's only the Studio booking category (no views)

You can have up to 2 wait lists active at any time during a use year.

The above resorts are listed in order from largest to smallest.

Although you may not want to stay here, Boardwalk villas has A TON of studios. I've never had a problem getting a random studio there. VWL has the least. From what I've seen, BWV has 246 possible studios (whether dedicated or part of a lock-off.) BLT has 133 lockoffs. AKL-Kidani has 169 lockoffs. VWL has 65 possible studios.

So, in other words, if you're trying to get something other than SSR and want a studio, BWV is your best bet. :-) Preferred-Pool/garden view is what you would want to waitlist.

BLT Lake view is roughly 70 percent of the rooms and the entire resort has 133 studios in all views.

AKV has an even higher percentage that is savanna view but the exact figure has gotten muddled because some of the savanna views have been turned into standard views - it too is probably 70 percent especially at Kidani Village. And the resort has 271 studios 46 are dedicated and all the dedicated are at are at Jambo. But then some of those studios are values and concierge at Jambo House as well which will it be available at last minute.

VWL is a very small resort which includes 65 studios, 20 of which are dedicated.

From number if villas picked from the DVC News http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts. The percentages come from various threads on this board.

Although you may not want to stay here, Boardwalk villas has A TON of studios. I've never had a problem getting a random studio there. VWL has the least. From what I've seen, BWV has 246 possible studios (whether dedicated or part of a lock-off.) BLT has 133 lockoffs. AKL-Kidani has 169 lockoffs. VWL has 65 possible studios.

So, in other words, if you're trying to get something other than SSR and want a studio, BWV is your best bet. :-) Preferred-Pool/garden view is what you would want to waitlist.

not if there is an epcot event or marathon of some sort. we own there, I've been shut out several times when I delayed even a few days booking a studio during F&W.

BLT Lake view is roughly 70 percent of the rooms and the entire resort has 133 studios in all views.

AKV has an even higher percentage that is savanna view but the exact figure has gotten muddled because some of the savanna views have been turned into standard views - it too is probably 70 percent especially at Kidani Village. And the resort has 271 studios 46 are dedicated and all the dedicated are at are at Jambo. But then some of those studios are values and concierge at Jambo House as well which will it be available at last minute.

VWL is a very small resort which includes 65 studios, 20 of which are dedicated.

From number if villas picked from the DVC News http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts. The percentages come from various threads on this board.

thank you for that information. I've requested the 'view' standards but haven't had any luck thus far.

Recently purchased @ AKV but not sure of the allocation of units there. are you saying standard view studios comprise 70% @ jambo?

OP - is there any reason OKW isn't on your short list? Have never stayed there as the theming doesn't strike a chord with me.

Like the OP I had issues with what resort to waitlist for trip I had to recently switch around. Went with AK value (since I have half the nights already) and AK standard. Even SSR is booked for my dates in October.

Starting to think OKW non hospitality located studio might have better odds than AK standard.:scratchin

Thanks for all the replies! I appreciate all the information. It is good to know about the number of studios at VWL.

We like OKW, especially since they have two queen beds. It is partially booked for the dates we need.

We are heading down for a very short visit in a few weeks and everything is booked except Saratoga.
Thanks!

If you are only a few weeks out, you should keep checking regularly even if you have a wait list. Open rooms are fair game for anyone, including cash guests, when that close, and they tend not to attempt to fill wait lists until late afternoon and thus something that pops open in the morning can be reserved by those on line or calling at the time. Also, I believe any wait list expires once you are 7 days out.

Recently purchased @ AKV but not sure of the allocation of units there. are you saying standard view studios comprise 70% @ jambo?

No at least 70% of the rooms at both AKV resort (Jambo and Kidani) are savanna view. The remaining 30% are divided between value, concierge and standard at Jambo and only standard view at Kidani. The figure used to be higher (80%) before some of the savanna view rooms were converted to standard view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter