Best time of year with 5 YO

debster812

<font color=blue>DIS Earth Angel!<br><font color=0
We are hoping to do a trip in 2002 with our DS who turns 5 in June. What are some suggestions for the best time of year. I want to take into account the crowds (he is not the most patient soul ;) ) the weather (not too hot, not too cold), the prices, and of course, school. He will be starting kindergarten in September and while I am OK with pulling him out of school while he is this young, I would like to see him settled in before we pull him.

I'll take any and all suggestions (except of course, no flaming because I am willing to take him out of school)

Thanks

Debster

Ok,
here are a few suggestions.

As far as not too hot or too cold. This is a toss up. We have heard that early February is good as the weather is warmer than January but not very hot.

I have heard that early May is a great time to go as Spring Break is mostly over and schools are still in session so lines are not that long but weather is great (can be a little hot) and you can swim.

Prices - value season is your best bet. Check on this site under resort info as to when the value season is.

You seem to be ok with taking him out of school so the second week of December is a great time even though you may get some very cool nights.

I would do mid- Nov. I live in south FL and wouldn't go to WDW when it's hot, even if someone else paid!!! I would never subject my son (or myself) to that heat!!! Yuck!!!

We've been in October and the weather is very pleasant - still warm enough to swim. We've also gone in April and May. Both months were not crowded when we went and the weather was very pleasant. The down side to going during slower times of the year is that the parks close earlier and all the parades may not be running during your stay. You may want to take that into consideration when picking a time to go. We've been in June, July and August, too. The heat is not any worse than Kansas - we just take it slow and make time for the pool. Come to think of it, I have been to WDW one time or another during every month and I don't think there is a BAD month to be at WDW. :D Enjoy!

Early February -- before Presidents Day -- is an excellent time. Your son will be well established in school and it's a great time to get a break from the winter snow.

We've also done first week of January so as to not miss school. Weather at that time is iffy -- it's been good and bad. This year we're just doing a long weekend 11/29 - 12/3, and November is a nice time to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter