Best time to go?

Michael623

WDW 40 trips, DL 12 trips, DLP 2 trips
What would you say is the best time of year to go based on a combination of weather and crowds? I'd prefer to stay away from the cold (Jan-Feb) and I assume the summer will be too crowded. I'm thinking Apr-May or Sept-Oct. Do you think either of these would be preferable?

I would like to know too!
Its the first question any proper Disney Park fan has and Japan is too far and too expensive for me to wing it :lmao:
As I work in Education I am stuck to UK school holidays - so Easter, Summer or Christmas. Which is best and why?

I would suggest September or October. I've been to Disney over thirty times, and been many times during these months. The crowds are pretty minimal from the end of August through the end of October, as the kids go back to school earlier down there. Also, if you have never been to the Food and Wine Festival, that is an absolute must do. They have been starting it earlier each year, so I would suggest going in either September or October when that is going on. Also, the weather is perfect during these months, and if you use DVC, September is one of the cheapest months to go points-wise.

I would suggest September or October. I've been to Disney over thirty times, and been many times during these months. The crowds are pretty minimal from the end of August through the end of October, as the kids go back to school earlier down there. Also, if you have never been to the Food and Wine Festival, that is an absolute must do. They have been starting it earlier each year, so I would suggest going in either September or October when that is going on. Also, the weather is perfect during these months, and if you use DVC, September is one of the cheapest months to go points-wise.

I find September and even early October to be far too hot.

It depends on the weather you are used to, but September is still too hot for me too. Weather wise, May and October are supposingly the best weather in Japan (very little rain, very conformatble temp). Before and after the Golden week seems to be not that crowded in TDR. May has longer day time than Oct. But Holloween in TDR seems to be very popular (I've never been to TDR in that season...), but also it sounds like a bit more crowded. Fall colors in Japan (well, it depends on where you visit) is very beautiful.

so, I guess what I am trying to say is that what is more important for you will help you decide when to go.

I personally choose late April to early May, because, 1) Airfare is usually cheaper up until later April, 2) I visit TDR before Golden week (4/29~) because the crowd is much lighter, 3) I visit my family during the Golden Week to spend time, 4) very good weather (not too cold, not hot, not humid), 5) day time is longer, 6) Visit TDR again if we really wanted after Golden week again. :)

This only works for me. I don't recommend anyone to visit Japan during the Golden week. Crowd would be so bad not only in TDR but any tourist -ty areas. Also, you will have hard time booking domestic transportations like airplanes and bullet trains.

It depends on the weather you are used to, but September is still too hot for me too. Weather wise, May and October are supposingly the best weather in Japan (very little rain, very conformatble temp). Before and after the Golden week seems to be not that crowded in TDR. May has longer day time than Oct. But Holloween in TDR seems to be very popular (I've never been to TDR in that season...), but also it sounds like a bit more crowded. Fall colors in Japan (well, it depends on where you visit) is very beautiful.

so, I guess what I am trying to say is that what is more important for you will help you decide when to go.

I personally choose late April to early May, because, 1) Airfare is usually cheaper up until later April, 2) I visit TDR before Golden week (4/29~) because the crowd is much lighter, 3) I visit my family during the Golden Week to spend time, 4) very good weather (not too cold, not hot, not humid), 5) day time is longer, 6) Visit TDR again if we really wanted after Golden week again. :)

This only works for me. I don't recommend anyone to visit Japan during the Golden week. Crowd would be so bad not only in TDR but any tourist -ty areas. Also, you will have hard time booking domestic transportations like airplanes and bullet trains.

Actually, October is fine. I don't know why I wrote that. September can still be hot, though (but not always), and I was never fond of that month when I was living in Tokyo (although it was certainly better than August). I was in Tokyo last September and wasn't thrilled with the weather... or the "Cool Biz" initiative to use less AC indoors!

Don't assume the whole summer is crowded. March sees the biggest crowds, and the first week of May and weekends (including Mondays) in the Fall are the worst. I don't think June or July midweek look that bad. June will be a touch cooler but rainier. To be assured of no ride closures, you need to go in the summer starting in July. I would say midweek the last week of June or the third week of July are not too bad.

Crowd calendar (in Japanese, but a very graphic representation of crowd levels):

http://www15.plala.or.jp/gcap/disney/

Mid June to mid July is in the Japan's rain season. For me, it's not a pleasant time for an outdoor vacation and I wouldn't recommend that time of the year, especially if it is the first trip to TDR or Japan. Very humid and unconfortable... (Well, they do have occational, not-so-wet rain seasons, but I wouldn't count on it.)

According to my knowledge Sep to Nov should should be best time for that. In this time no heavy crowd and weather also nice. Christmas is coming in December so definitely you can get good fresh offer in November and starting week of December. And also people are in good mood. September to November is the best time for travel.

My favorite times at the resort are Halloween and Christmas definitely! If you avoid the weekend crowds it is not so bad during the week at all!

We were there in July and it was hot and VERY muggy. I live in Houston and didn't think "muggier" was possible. If you aren't used to humidity you will be miserable in summer. We took my niece from CO and she was dying. We have kids in school so it was our only option. It was worth the heat though. We had a great time!!!

Unfortunately, schools tend to start in early April, so all the March will be so busy with summer vacations is usual. Our children probably will not enjoy roller-coaster style thrill rides. The previous poster was right on target and I can confirm the suggestions and comments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter