Best time to reserve a park?

patm95

Mouseketeer
Hi all. Planning a trip this fall (week of Labor Day). I haven’t went since park pass reservation system started. I would like to wait to reserve parks until after we have made our dining reservations (60 days out). Is this safe? Thank you!

Hi all. Planning a trip this fall (week of Labor Day). I haven’t went since park pass reservation system started. I would like to wait to reserve parks until after we have made our dining reservations (60 days out). Is this safe? Thank you!
It’s never too early! Maybe make reservations now for the parks in the order that you think you will want just to secure reservations, then change them if necessary once you make your ADRs. You’d hate to get locked out of any park.
If you really don’t want to make reservations now make sure to keep a close eye out on reservations in the weeks/months coming up on your trip so that if it looks like a certain park is getting full you can jump on it.

I think it depends on the time of year, but I’ve generally seen reservations available two months out. Personally, I reserved for the parks every day of my trip as soon as I had tickets. Then once I had dining reservations, I moved around. That way you have something just in case.

Agree with the others, make tentative plans and then adjust accordingly once dining is available. I've been playing Disney chess on my spreadsheet all week making changes. I drive my family crazy, but I'm in planning heaven. They basically told me to quit giving them updates and just tell them the day of what the heck we are doing. LOL

It’s never too early! Maybe make reservations now for the parks in the order that you think you will want just to secure reservations, then change them if necessary once you make your ADRs. You’d hate to get locked out of any park.
If you really don’t want to make reservations now make sure to keep a close eye out on reservations in the weeks/months coming up on your trip so that if it looks like a certain park is getting full you can jump on it.
Great advice! Thanks all!

I'm going the first part of June and when I heard about Guardians of the Galaxy possibly opening on Memorial Day, I booked extra EPCOT days as place holders until I firmed up my plans and dining. So you might want to book extra Magic Kingdom days since they usually fill up first and then change them after you make your ADRs.

what happens if your make your resort reservation and park(s) are not available to book those days?

what happens if your make your resort reservation and park(s) are not available to book those days?
Are you purchasing a resort and park ticket package? If so, they will only sell you park tickets if park reservations are available all days that you purchase for.

If you purchase a package with park tickets, it’s recommended you book park reservations early. There have been reports of those who waited too late to book their park reservations and were unable to go to book a park some/all days. It’s rare as most book reservations early but it can happen.

Our family preference is to book early and possibly move around later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter