best use of Dining credit

manakin

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone!

so, I was wondering, since in April it will be my first time using the "new" dining credit system, I was wondering how do you plan to use it.

I know that, being 3 of us, it won't cover the entire stay (we have 946 dollars plus the 200 gift card), but I'm wondering what would be the best strategy. I was thinking of using it more on table service meals, but if anyone has better advices or want to share any experiences using it I'm curious to hear about it :D

thank you very much!

We are a family of 4 and used it mostly for qs breakfasts. It pretty much covered those for our stay though I will say we mostly just had bagel/muffin and juice.

Our meals at Flying Fish/Topolinos/Jiko/Citricos averaged about $100pp per meal. A buffet like Boma would be $70 each so Quick service will definitely get you more value.

We are a family of 2 adults and a teen, so 3 Disney adults and had the dining credit in August. We used it for extra little treats like Mickey ice cream bars, food and wine eats etc.

In May we had the credit and used it mainly on QS and snacks as it seemed easier than using cash/card for smaller amounts. The any TS meals we tended to charge back to the room and therefore on to the credit card.

Does anyone have any experience of split stays and using the credit after the stay has finished.

Initially someone said that the credit was valid for a certain amount of days regardless of how long the stay was.

If it is able to be used over 10 days for example we would probably use on quick service because $72 x 5 will probably cover us for 10 days worth of lunches. If it expires on the last day we will plan to use it for table service.

We are staying 5 days moderate 2 x Adults. Then additional 11 days in different hotels.

We used it in August over a split stay with no issues. We were at Pop for 10 nights on a package which is when we got the dining credits, and then moved to OKW still with a balance on the dining credit and was able to use it no problem. I'm sure the dining credit said it was valid until Jan 2023.

This years credit (we had in May) was valid til the end of the year so could be used over any number of days.

This years credit (we had in May) was valid til the end of the year so could be used over any number of days.
Fingers crossed its the same this year as that would really help us out. If the dining plan comes into play we are even considering paying for it for the first 5 days and knocking out the expensive character meals / All you can eat meals we want to do. If it isn't able to be carried over the 72 would go a long way towards tips etc and it can be used on merch as well. Might be available by end of feb / march but judging by the issues with ADRs etc at the moment - i'm not holding out a huge amount of hope.

72$ per day is obviously nowhere near as good as free dining was - but as there are only two of this should cover what would have been essentially the quick service plan (all be it picking cheaper options, and snacks rather than going for the expensive ones) - this combined with the $200 gift card, free cirque tickets and our other deals we have ( $100 dining credit at lowes portifino for dinner, and $50 per day at waldorf astoria with our gold status)..

I am starting to get a little less panicky now.

Editing to say that the only reason it will cost similar to the Quick Service is that neither of us drink and didn't in 2020 either. Adding alcoholic drinks to every meal would obviously bring the value up massively and would no where near cover it.

I just wanted to note that I just spoke to a cast member about our cirque tickets and she went through the whole package. She did indicate that the dining/merch credit will be added to your magic band / key to world card. So it may be slightly different this year and need to use it before you checkout.

Would be good to get an update on this if someone has gone or is going soon. If not i will update in march.

We have BOG, Ogas, Sci Fi Fantasmic, Story Book Dine, Space Lounge and Jiko booked all in the first 4 days.
So I will probably adjust the plan a bit and burn through the credit (very easily by day 3 probably by Day 2 lol) and then continue to pay stuff to the room until our last day - then move to the chase card and google pay instead forother charges.

I just wanted to note that I just spoke to a cast member about our cirque tickets and she went through the whole package. She did indicate that the dining/merch credit will be added to your magic band / key to world card. So it may be slightly different this year and need to use it before you checkout.

Would be good to get an update on this if someone has gone or is going soon. If not i will update in march.

We have BOG, Ogas, Sci Fi Fantasmic, Story Book Dine, Space Lounge and Jiko booked all in the first 4 days.
So I will probably adjust the plan a bit and burn through the credit (very easily by day 3 probably by Day 2 lol) and then continue to pay stuff to the room until our last day - then move to the chase card and google pay instead forother charges.
I must say, that would be really super practical!

About the cirque du soleil, did they tell you when they will send those and how to make the reservation?

I must say, that would be really super practical!

About the cirque du soleil, did they tell you when they will send those and how to make the reservation?
Honestly it does make sense. It looks like it will work similarly when you get on board credit on a cruise.. but with a few more limitations.

She said it can be 30 days in advance but they are reliant on cirque as cirqur will send an email themselves. She also recommended from personal experience having seen the show and its previous show a few times that cat 4 seating is actually better because you dont hurt your neck looking up at the stage.

She was honestly the best cast member just the right level of friendly and really knowledgeable. I made sure to fill the survey in at the end.

With the dining credit and gift card does that get applied to the room reservation or can it be split between 2 room keys?

With the dining credit and gift card does that get applied to the room reservation or can it be split between 2 room keys?
the gift card is a physical card that you have to claim at disney springs (if i remember well at the world of disney store).
The credit, as for now, it's a digital card that will arrive on your email on the check in day. So you can share it with other and use it as you like. Everytime they will tell you how much remains on the digital card after every transaction.

I had 5 nights value credit, so I think $180 last week. Copied the number to my clipboard and used for mobile ordering mainly but also scanned the barcode a few times.

We had cereal in our room for breakfast and then that amount of credit lasted 2 kids and an adult 2.5 days for other meals and snacks. I found mobile ordering really convenient.

It was hassle collecting the gift card from busy disney springs. Luckily the mobile pay person went and got someone to issue me the card so I didn't have to join the long queue (at 2pm). You can see why they make people jump through hoops for it but joke's on you disney! Didn't spend a dime in your big store! (Had actueanted to look round but was so overwhelmed by the crowds I went straight back to the resort)

Oh that is good news so they just give you a code rather than add it to the credit?
Seems like the cast member may have been wrong about that one. Did you use it all by the end of your 5 days? If not were you able to use it after checkout?

What the gift card from Disney springs? That was a physical card that again I copied the number onto my phone clipboard for online ordering ease. I used it after I checked out.

The original credit that I didn't have to go and pick up said it was valid till check out and I didn't test that as used it sooner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter