Best way to plan around the Christmas party’s ?

OP95

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone ,

I am currently planning my trip and I’ve been lucky enough to get tickets for both Jollywood nights on the 11th of nov and also Mickeys very merry Christmas on the 16th. Though

I am having a bit of a struggle on the best way to plan the day around those party’s. I went to MNSSH last year and naively stayed at MK for 12 hours or so.. I was wondering what you usually do? Do you usually have a rest day after the SE as well as the day of or enter the park as normal and stay throughout the day?

Any advice would be appreciated!

So when we've done the parties, it just depends on what type of trip we're on. If it's a shorter trip, we might plan to arrive at the park around 1-2pm and then stay on through the party but if you'll be at WDW for a while, so as long as you have other park days for DHS and MK, I'd plan to arrive at 4pm when you can enter with your party ticket and stay for the party but not use it as a full day. I'd also plan a later day the next day, maybe a resort/rest day if you have that built into your itinerary. We usually try to put the party on the beginning of our trip when we're fresh or the tail end when we can sleep in the next day and drive home. I can't say we've done more than 1 party on a trip but we've done a party and after fireworks dessert party, again, we ended the trip with the later night when possible.

So when we've done the parties, it just depends on what type of trip we're on. If it's a shorter trip, we might plan to arrive at the park around 1-2pm and then stay on through the party but if you'll be at WDW for a while, so as long as you have other park days for DHS and MK, I'd plan to arrive at 4pm when you can enter with your party ticket and stay for the party but not use it as a full day. I'd also plan a later day the next day, maybe a resort/rest day if you have that built into your itinerary. We usually try to put the party on the beginning of our trip when we're fresh or the tail end when we can sleep in the next day and drive home. I can't say we've done more than 1 party on a trip but we've done a party and after fireworks dessert party, again, we ended the trip with the later night when possible.
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately couldnt get the party’s near the beginning they are on the second to last and in the middle. I was half thinking of doing what you suggest and that seems to be the most reasonable thing. Don’t really want to over do it in one park especially if staying till midnight anyway. Thanks again for the help. Will have two extra days in both the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter