Better service at non-signatures

AbbyPan

"...oh he's a codfish, a codfish, a codfish..."
Just back from 8 days of great food in disney!

Would like to give a shout out to amazing waiters at our favorite 1 credit restaurants.

Connie at Mama Melrose- awesome! knows her stuff, was very friendly and on top of all our orders. We were a party of 9 and it didn't seem to phase her one bit.

Abdel at Ohana's- kind soul of a man. Was as sweet as the bread pudding. hope he's there forever! again as a party of 9, i sympathize with waiters, but he acted like it was all a pleasure, amazing!

Sebastian at Le Chef's De France- very attentive, good humor and eager to please. Very nice guy!

Unfortunately, can't say the same about the waiters at the signature restaurants we dined at. The only one who came close was Rae at Artist Point (she was sweet) and their staff was attentive.

I won't get specific with names, and i usually don't go so far as to write what i've written thus far, but I thought it was dissapointing that after scraping and saving all year to enjoy Deluxe Dining, it was the 1 credit restaurants that impressed us with their food & service.

The folks above deserve so much praise (& good tips;))!

btw- we had the bad breath guy at Jiko's. ugh

Glad that you had an overall good trip!

As your thread gets replies, I just wanted to send a gentle reminder to everyone that tipping discussion is limited to the tipping sticky. :goodvibes (first post has thread guidelines and reasons why there is a sticky)

The last quick trip we took this past July, we had bad waiters both at Flying Fish and California Grill. Excellent waiters at Kona for two separate meals -- a breakfast and dinner. Hopefully this is not a trend... Although we had a really insulting waiter at Grand Floridian Cafe, so bad that we've decided we'll never go back. Sometimes it's just the luck of the draw.

My experience was almost the opposite :p.

Kona (Dinner), Tusker House (Breakfast), Boma, LTT, The Wave, and Marrakesh were all pretty poor service, while Flying Fish, California Grill, and Le Cellier were all great.

Of course, Jiko was pretty poor, and San Angel Inn, Crystal Palace, Mama Melrose, Tusker House (Lunch), and Kona (Breakfast) were all good. So there is considerable variance.

I think it's truly luck of the draw. Couple that with the fact that there are many more variables (previous and concurrent guests, time of day, server's mood that day), and there is very little to no way to determine a pattern (plus, an individual's sample size will nearly always be too small to really determine if any pattern exists).

(Note: I am by no way stating that the OP's experience isn't what they say, merely highlighting the inconsistencies and variances of the servers and restaurants due to whatever factors and presenting the possibility that no real pattern exists.)

The last quick trip we took this past July, we had bad waiters both at Flying Fish and California Grill. Excellent waiters at Kona for two separate meals -- a breakfast and dinner. Hopefully this is not a trend... Although we had a really insulting waiter at Grand Floridian Cafe, so bad that we've decided we'll never go back. Sometimes it's just the luck of the draw.

I wonder if we had the same server at the Grand Floridian Cafe.:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter