Beverage packages

Dis5150

DIS Veteran
I am a RCL newbie. We were thinking of a DCL cruise for our 25th anniversary next year but after researching, decided on RC suite cruise for half the cost of DCL. Having done neither, we figure we won't know what we are missing out on not going on DCL!

I was thinking about the beverage packages and figuring out if any of them would be a reasonable deal for us but have a question about how they figure out the number of days you have to pay for. We are looking at a 4 night on the Mariner of the Seas in May. Would they charge us for 5 days on the packages?

additional notes

1. the actual charge will add 18% for gratuity

2. Price for the booze package changes frequently in the final weeks leading to your cruise and the only way to detect/check this that I've found is to login and pull up your details everyday for the last 6 weeks or maybe longer! The GOOD news is up to a couple of days b4, if the price drops you can cancel your package for a full refund and rebook at the lower price (drink package)

IME when the price is below $55/day that's good

and below $50 is GREAT ..... I've never seen it this low on a cruise I took, but have seen folks say they got it ...

Last edited:
We usually get the beverage package and have found the Black Friday deals are the best prices. However, as mentioned above, they are always changing the prices so you have to keep checking.

Also, the sales are confusing. The base price is always the “onboard “ prices. You may think you would get a better with 50% off the second package than 20% off one, but they frequently raise the onboard prices. Have fun and congratulations.

Did you say you're in a suite?
Just remember that some suites include beverage package. The majority of suites have access to the suite lounge which has an open bar every day...

Did you say you're in a suite?
Just remember that some suites include beverage package. The majority of suites have access to the suite lounge which has an open bar every day...
Just a junior suite so I don't think that applies. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter