Beware of JUICE IT UP at Orlando Premium Outlets!!!!

bridgettesmom

<font color=green>Got a tag because she eats all h
Just got back and we had a great time. Our only negative experience was at the food court at the Premium Outlets. Do not go to JUICE IT UP!!! Last Sunday, we arrived into the Outlets before the stores opned, so, we headed to the food court for a quick breakfast. I placed 2 orders, I ordered and paid for the first one and then I ordered and paid for the second one. I got the juice for the first order and then she gave me the second order. When I told her I was missing an egg croissant from the first order. A "woman" that was in charge gave me a blank stare and ignored me. When I told her again she told me I had never placed 2 orders :sad2: I told her that I had no need to lie over a $3 dollar sandwich, that she should look over her cash register and verify the order. She told me I was lying and to prove it she was going to look over the register. When she checked over the register she found my order and I told her that she could keep the $3 dollar sandwich and I walked away!! This so called lady is definately in the wrong industry. So, I'm just telling my 50,000 closest friends to avoid this place.

ORLANDO PREMIUM OUTLETS - DO NOT EAT AT JUICE IT UP!!!!!!

You mean you left without getting your sandwich? I hope you stayed long enough to get your money back.

Had I already payed for it, I'd have told her she could now give it to me free or I'd have her job for being such a grouch.

I definitely am going to avoid it.

That type of behavior is inexcusable.

Thanks for the heads up.

bridgettesmom said:
When she checked over the register she found my order and I told her that she could keep the $3 dollar sandwich and I walked away!!
And the lesson you taught her by letting her keep your sandwich and money was....?

She should have given you two sandwiches or at least returned your money! I would complain to management.

I'll be the lone dissenter who thinks it's inappropriate to post this info here. Sure this lady created a bad experience for you, and she was most definitely rude, but calling out the entire restaurant on it, when you didn't ask to speak to a manager so that they could apologize or rectify the situation, is wrong too. And, this comment certain doesn't belong on the Disney Restaurants Board, but instead should have been posted on the Orlando Area Board.

kandmwedding said:
I'll be the lone dissenter who thinks it's inappropriate to post this info here. Sure this lady created a bad experience for you, and she was most definitely rude, but calling out the entire restaurant on it, when you didn't ask to speak to a manager so that they could apologize or rectify the situation, is wrong too. And, this comment certain doesn't belong on the Disney Restaurants Board, but instead should have been posted on the Orlando Area Board.
No, you're not the lone dissenter. I can't imagine boycotting a restaurant just because one employee gave you a bad experience. It would be different if management refused to make it right, but you didn't give them a chance. These kinds of things happen all the time, but don't blow it out of proportion. I avoid businesses based on patterns, not isolated incidents.

Thanks for the tip, I'll avoid the place. I've learned that about 90% of the time these 'isolated incidents' are indicative enough and I'd rather not take my chances trying to establish a trend or pattern of bad service!

The lesson is is she came to tell us at the DIS -- and that will hurt that companies pocket --

debbiedoo said:
The lesson is is she came to tell us at the DIS -- and that will hurt that companies pocket --

doubt it

This is definitely the type of customer most managers fear because they DO NOT complain. A manager cannot service a customer unless they know. Then, these customers go on to tell each of their friends.

One thing to consider since this was a food court. I'm sure the worker isn't working in her desired field but I doubt she has much choice in what she does. I'm sure she was working at minimum wage.

debbiedoo said:
I hope not..especially since the company wasn't even told about it. I always get wonderful service there. Not having any idea of what was going through the servers life at that moment, one post like this would not stop me from going there. Management should have been notified and a chance to correct the mistake made if it was that troublesome. I agree, this is not an appropriate place to post this...it's not a Disney restauarant, and it may be an isolated incident. I know reading one bad trip report doesn't stop me from going to Disney.
I run a business, and I try to do a perfect job. But I'm human, and stuff happens.

I only posted this to warn others.... if you can't use this information.. don't bother posting.. FYI..this isn't a restaurant, but, a fast food stand.Anyway, the woman that called me a liar was the manager!!..She didn't even apologized after realizing she had made a mistake. I didn't take the sandwich, who knows what the witch would have put in it!! I didn't ask for my $3, but, I did leave with the satisfaction that she had to admit she made a mistake.

bridgettesmom said:
I only posted this to warn others.... if you can't use this information.. don't bother posting.. FYI..this isn't a restaurant, but, a fast food stand.
So, if we don't agree with you, we shouldn't bother posting? You can put the place down, but we can't defend it? I know it's not a restaurnt, but you did post it on the restaurant board. I do know it's not a Disney restaurant..so perhaps the Orlando boards would have been a better place, if you felt this was bad enough to warn everyone.
You didn't mention in your first post that the "women" was the manager (you just said "in charge". I assumed it was the server in charge of your food. I assume you must have asked for the manager and that was what she told you? In any case, like I said stuff happens..doesn't mean the entire place is a bad place, because one person made a mistake. I know there is often a language problem at these places, and sometimes you may not be understood, or maybe she had been given bad news that morning and her mind was wandering. IMHO, I don't think one incident means we all have to be warned away. You said yourself this lady was in the wrong industry..so perhaps tomorrow she'll be gone.

jerbroni said:
Thanks for the tip, I'll avoid the place. I've learned that about 90% of the time these 'isolated incidents' are indicative enough and I'd rather not take my chances trying to establish a trend or pattern of bad service!
In that case, you'll want to avoid WDW altogether, since I've read complaints about CMs on just about every board here... :rolleyes1

bridgettesmom said:
Just got back and we had a great time. Our only negative experience was at the food court at the Premium Outlets. Do not go to JUICE IT UP!!! Last Sunday, we arrived into the Outlets before the stores opned, so, we headed to the food court for a quick breakfast. I placed 2 orders, I ordered and paid for the first one and then I ordered and paid for the second one. I got the juice for the first order and then she gave me the second order. When I told her I was missing an egg croissant from the first order. A "woman" that was in charge gave me a blank stare and ignored me. When I told her again she told me I had never placed 2 orders :sad2: I told her that I had no need to lie over a $3 dollar sandwich, that she should look over her cash register and verify the order. She told me I was lying and to prove it she was going to look over the register. When she checked over the register she found my order and I told her that she could keep the $3 dollar sandwich and I walked away!! This so called lady is definately in the wrong industry. So, I'm just telling my 50,000 closest friends to avoid this place.

ORLANDO PREMIUM OUTLETS - DO NOT EAT AT JUICE IT UP!!!!!!

I for one sympathize, especially since you pointed out in a later post that this woman was the manager. I served as an interim manager for a local grocery store for about 4 months, so I'm familiar with more than one side of this type of situation (as cashier, manager, and customer).

Regardless of what may have been going on in her life, whether she was happy with her job, etc. (as some posters have mentioned), it was no reason to be rude to you. We all make mistakes, and she shouldn't have accused you of lying.

Anytime any customer at the grocery store said they were missing an item, received incorrect change, etc. the first thing we did was check the receipt. If the item in question was on the receipt and we couldn't find it with the customer's items, he/she would receive a replacement and an apology. If the issue was incorrect change, the cashier would pull their cash drawer and count it up in the office to make sure everything balanced correctly. Again, if the incorrect change was given, we would correct it and offer an apology.

I'm not too familiar with Juice It Up. If it's a part of a fastfood chain, you may want to complain to the company about this woman's behavior (odds are you wouldn't be the first). If it's an independant company, maybe you could inform the management of Premium Outlets. Either way, I can certainly understand why you wouldn't want to go back there; and thanks for the warning.

disneyworldgirl said:
Regardless of what may have been going on in her life, whether she was happy with her job, etc. (as some posters have mentioned), it was no reason to be rude to you. We all make mistakes, and she shouldn't have accused you of lying.

As I stated and you posted, we all make mistakes. Perhaps this was the servers day for a mistake. Sometimes when we have something bad happen (and yet we still have to come to work) we may not be as polite as we should have been. But a warning against an entire busiess, because of one rude person on a Disney Restaurant board, and it wasn't even a Disney restaurant? I think it's a bit much. Heck, I was overcharged at Chef Mickey's in February, and the server tried to point out that he was right (he was having trouble figuring out how to do the DDE 20% off). He finally went into the kitchen to fix the mistake, and said nothing other than placing the new bill down. We'll still go back. Heck, when I got home, I saw he actually charged and removed from my credit card 2 other charges. Yes, in a perfect world everything would run smooth, but it's hard to be polite all the time..and sometimes we take the brunt of the trouble that came before us.

I agree with most of what you said. I think the part that bothers me is the fact that the manager accused her of lying. I think that was a bit out of line, even for someone having a rough day. Now if the manager had said something along the lines of, "I don't see that order on here, but let me check", that would have been okay. Or in your case, when the CM thought he was right (as long as he wasn't outright accusing you of anything).There's always a diplomatic way of handling a situation, if everyone involved looks hard enough for it.

I've dealt with alot of very nasty customers in my day, and I can understand the frustrations involved. But employees (including managers) have to be careful not to take it out on the next customer.

Also, I'm not sure which forum this belongs in, but I notice that it was moved (I'm assuming it was by a moderator, but I'm not sure). Hopefully it's in the right place now.

Whatever happened to the days when the customer was always right? All to often, I notice poor customer service and workers arguing with the customer.

I know I will be cautious the next time I go there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter