Biergarten. October 8th.

Cannot_Wait_4Disney

The Colombo of Cippolini.
This was our last full day of the trip. We had just had Spoodles from the night before so the Biergarten was following a hit.

We got there about 10 minutes prior to our reservation but it took us 10 minutes to get through the line. Once we got the pager, we only waited about 10 minutes more. The restaurant is on multi levels surrounding a stage. It's decorated to look like a typical town courtyard. It was mostly stonework with Iron tables and chairs. It was pretty cool. The food was up top and naturally on our last day when our legs are shot we get put at the furthest table away from the food on the bottom level off to the side of the stage. It was our only bad placing of the week to be honest. But we didn't care. We were exhausted at that point and just wanted to be led to the trough. Seating is multi-family, but the tables on our level all seated about 8. And they were really two tables put together and we ended up next to a family of 4. So they had their table and we had ours. There were pretty quiet and really didn't even look at us. They picked at their plates and left very quickly leaving us alone for the rest of our meal. I asked my in-law if he forgot his DO or something they left so fast. Maybe we were having too much fun for comfort. BIL got the beer. I passed though I really did want it.

On to the food. This is a buffet. Picture a German version of a good smorgy in your town. That's exactly what this was. Nothing fancy, just solid staple foods. This isn't the food you will find in a fine German Restaurant. It's more like what you'd see at city celebration. This is also not what you'd experience as far as German cuisine here in the states is concerned. So don't expect that either. We went at dinner so they had the Saurbraten. It was good but not great as far as that dish goes. Now if you're one that likes rare beef, do not expect beef anything other than well done.
The dish of the night was the beef roulade. Yummy stuff. The Spaetzle and other dishes were good as well. The roast pork was nice too. Nothing stood out as an incredible must have, however. But it was all good. The Red cabbage was good. It's not all just sausages either. There are plenty of things on the buffet for everyone. There was a wide variety of salads. I particularly liked the herring salad and the wurst salad. The Potato I interpreted as toned down for the average palate. It was just Ok.
Everything was replenished often and was to temperature.

Service. Service was great. During the entertainment, the waitress danced with the kiddo. He of course resisted at first but then had a great time. She was wonderful. Everything was cleared promptly. We didn't receive truly bad service anywhere all week. And this was no exception.

The entertainment. The band plays every hour. We were there for two shows. The first one, they did a marriage ceremony. The second one, they did a keg tapping. The shows were cute but a bit too short. The second one, everyone got out and danced at. The first one, everyone sort of sat on their hands.

Value for the credit. This one is way down in price relative to others, so it's not the best use of a credit if your goal is to max out the $ per credit. But the food and atmosphere were certainly good enough to warrant the use of a credit here. But IMO, where this place really shines is value for the $. For just a bit over $20 you get a lot of good food, a little bit of a show, good service, and fun.

The only complaint I have was on the way to the buffet, I smelled a real musky smell. Not sure if it was mildew or the guy sitting at that particular table, or whether the table cleaner was using an old cloth for that table. It's the only place I smelled it, but it was very repulsive and I didn't take that way to the buffet again.

We will indeed go back here again. It's not on the must do list every trip, but it certainly will be one we do again.

Thanks for the review. We were supposed to do Biergarten this trip, but ended up changing to Chefs de France at the last minute. Sounds like we should give it a try next trip! :)

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for the review. Biergarten is one of the few places I have left to try. I was thinking about giving it a whirl this coming May trip as buffets are good for filling up my 18 yo DS, lol.

Good review! Thanks for sharing. :)
I enjoy the Biergarten too. We use to go to Norway, until the princesses took over.
We switched to Biergarten, and found we like it better anyway. I always thought the food would be heavy. And for what it is, it really is not heavy at all.
Even during the Food & Wine fest I think they have some of the better food.

Here are a few holiday photos of that area now:

holidayGermanyWS.jpg

holidayGermanyWS2.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to post your review, I enjoyed reading it. :cutie:

Biergarten lover here! Went back in Oct and I still think about it often.

The food that night was fab.

Thanks for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter