Biergarten Reservations

It's crazy! I'm still suspicious they are holding back ADR's so they can release them as Candlelight Processional dining pkgs.
But would they make it so there weren’t any ADRs at all that were not part of the package?
Valid question. Time will tell.

Doubt it is Candlelight Processional related. If you look at the Biergarten calendar on Mouse Dining there is absolutely nothing from tomorrow through all of December. Op's ADR window just opened- mine opened a long time ago. I have been checking for weeks, have alerts set up on Mouse Dining and Touring Plans for multiple days and times, and nothing. Something else is going on- as I mentioned in a previous post- doubt it's a glitch (been going on too long)- possibly a refurb or something along those lines. I won't wait on hold for 3 hours to find out, though. Hopefully another brave soul will do it :)

Doubt it is Candlelight Processional related. If you look at the Biergarten calendar on Mouse Dining there is absolutely nothing from tomorrow through all of December. Op's ADR window just opened- mine opened a long time ago. I have been checking for weeks, have alerts set up on Mouse Dining and Touring Plans for multiple days and times, and nothing. Something else is going on- as I mentioned in a previous post- doubt it's a glitch (been going on too long)- possibly a refurb or something along those lines. I won't wait on hold for 3 hours to find out, though. Hopefully another brave soul will do it
What you're saying definitely makes sense --- even though it's not what I want to hear! But does Biergarten really need a refurbishment? And if it does, would it really take 2 months? This is such a mystery!

Doubt it is Candlelight Processional related. If you look at the Biergarten calendar on Mouse Dining there is absolutely nothing from tomorrow through all of December. Op's ADR window just opened- mine opened a long time ago. I have been checking for weeks, have alerts set up on Mouse Dining and Touring Plans for multiple days and times, and nothing. Something else is going on- as I mentioned in a previous post- doubt it's a glitch (been going on too long)- possibly a refurb or something along those lines. I won't wait on hold for 3 hours to find out, though. Hopefully another brave soul will do it :)

If it was a refurbishment related issue, wouldn't Disney have just announced that? Nothing seems to make much sense to me.

I also wonder if it's because of capacity? They are no longer seating families together and giving each party their own table so I have to imagine that cut way back on their overall capacity.

I also wonder if it's because of capacity? They are no longer seating families together and giving each party their own table so I have to imagine that cut way back on their overall capacity.
But the reduced capacity has been in place since the restaurant reopened, and we have never seen anything like this before. I had no problem getting a reservation—with my pick of times—in July, even though crowds were very high. Now, no one is able to get a reservation, even at 60+10, for any time and any party size. Something else is going on.

But the reduced capacity has been in place since the restaurant reopened, and we have never seen anything like this before. I had no problem getting a reservation—with my pick of times—in July, even though crowds were very high. Now, no one is able to get a reservation, even at 60+10, for any time and any party size. Something else is going on.

Its clearly another evil move by Chapek.

Now, no one is able to get a reservation, even at 60+10, for any time and any party size.

FWIW my 60 + 10 was September 28th- I have been looking a few times a day on my own since then- plus have 4 computerized searches using multiple days and times running on my behalf- and still nothing. I have even checked for tables for 2,3,4 and 6 regularly just in case something pops with a different party size. Like you said- something else is going on.

I am noticing during my stay in December there is zero availability at Rose & Crown.
I guess it could be because they're offering a Harmonious dinner package, but even lunch is not available.

Interesting to find this thread here! We've decided we're going to book Biergarten for our arrival day on December 23 (Maybe a processional dining package if available). I've been watching all of our dining selections for our week there as the days open up prior to ours, and have been pretty concerned that I haven't see Biergarten showing any availability. Our window opens on Oct 24. Fingers crossed it'll be available by then!!!

I am noticing during my stay in December there is zero availability at Rose & Crown.
I guess it could be because they're offering a Harmonious dinner package, but even lunch is not available.
This is strange. As of a few days ago, there was plenty of availability throughout November and December for Rose & Crown, especially at lunch. Now, suddenly, nothing. And I'm seeing the same for lots of other Epcot restaurants as well. Something is afoot. I wish Disney would have the courtesy to tell us what is going on.

This is strange. As of a few days ago, there was plenty of availability throughout November and December for Rose & Crown, especially at lunch. Now, suddenly, nothing. And I'm seeing the same for lots of other Epcot restaurants as well. Something is afoot. I wish Disney would have the courtesy to tell us what is going on.

Yup, I noticed it too.
Since we're only six weeks away from the start of the processional you would think something would be announced.

We just got back from our trip and easily walked up to Biergarten for a late lunch. It was not that busy. I would definitely try going at an off time.

I'm still trying to add Biergarten for our trip December 12-22 and nothing is available. My first park day on the 13th is Hollywood Studios and the only option I have for a sit-down all is 8:45 pm am Mama Melrose's. I will just be happy that I have reservations for the rest of my vacation including an after park close at Oga's. I had more trouble making reservations for 2 than I did all the years of making them for 5.

Same issue here throughout our 10 day stay in mid December. I will note the Candlelight dining page now references American and German, so something is being held back

Today our 60+5 day window opened. Not surprisingly, nothing at all available for Biergarten. They clearly have not released a single ADR for Biergarten for all of December. Meanwhile, Biergarten has been announced as one of only four restaurants included in the Candlelight Processional dining packages. Will Disney limit Biergarten to CP only in December?

Very odd. Trying to figure out whether there's something fishy with the restaurants or not. Early December also happens to be a prime DVC time since points are low--for the last 2-3 months, there has been ZERO DVC availability for more than one day at a time at any resort during the month of December. We're going the first week in December and for two people, there are pretty much no options in Epcot or HS. The latter I expect--there are much bigger crowds at HS and fewer table services spots--but when even Nine Dragons has no availability on a weeknight?? That is...concerning.

The other thought might be maybe they are experimenting with more limited ADRs to provide more walk-up flexibility?

I only wish there was more transparency about these odd scheduling issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter