DS1 - Mark (20)
DD - Abbey (17)
DS2 - Lewis (10)

Pre-trippie
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3

Wednesday 15 October 2014

Had a great night's sleep and we were all ready and down for breakfast just after 9am :thumbsup2 Parkside again, and lovely once more. It was a bit cloudy outside but not cold. Off we went to the Studios and got in at about 9.50. There was already a long line for Crush and Lewis wanted to try this for the first time. So the kids all queued for this and DH and I went off to get Fast Passes for Ratatoullie. We had to queue up for these and the slot we got just before 10 was for between 11.55 - 12.25. These go so quickly!

DH and I did Carpets and then Cars, with no wait for either. We took some photos - the ones I usually take with Lewis when the others are on ToT

Then we did parachutes with 10 min wait. I got a great aerial shot of Ratatoullie

Then we met up with the kids who were finished with Crush. Lewis loved it and declared it his new favourite ride :cool1: Mark and Abbey went off to do RC with 10 min wait and DH, Lewis and I did Slinky, walk on

More photos whilst we waited for RC to finish - the fountain was on today

When the kids finished on RC we went over to RnR Aerosmith for Mark and Abbey to do this. DH, Lewis and I waited inside Blockbuster Cafe and had something to drink and sat in the Pirates bit

It was just about time for our fast pass for Ratatoullie :cool1:

The queue for the FP was already long and I think we probably waited about 10 minutes to get to the ride.

I won't spoil the details, but the ride was absolutely fantastic :thumbsup2 We all loved it. The main queue showed 60 min wait plus every time we passed and all the fast passes were gone for today so we knew we wouldn't ride again today. Tomorrow the mission would continue - and we would find out something to our advantage......

We popped over to ToT and got fast passes for later, 14.40 - 15.10 and went over to the Disneyland Park. Just as we got in, the brass band were starting up at the bandstand. So we stopped to watch them

It was raining now so we went up through some shops in Discovery Arcade

More hat trying on

And into Buzz with a 10 min wait. I won - got a fab score of 261,000!! The boys were not pleased :rotfl:

I wasn't feeling great - a bit of a cold starting so we went for a sit down in Videopolis and the others got some lunch. The queue moved quickly enough until the person in front of us wanted to pay for about 20 people using vouchers....it took ages....

After lunch we went to Pirates using the covered walkway from the start of Adventureland. It was raining quite heavily now. Again Pirates only had a 5 min wait

Back to the Studios now for our FP for ToT. I do not like this ride and didn't want to do it. Mark wasn't bothered either, but Lewis was full of confidence after his successful Crush experience this morning, so he, Abbey and DH went off. Mark and I hung out inside Art of Animation as it was still raining heavily.

This is how I was feeling

We wandered into the ToT shop to wait for the others

Well, the experiment didn't work. Lewis did not like ToT. I didn't think he would, but didn't want to pass on my fears to him. I don't like it because I can't catch my breath on it with the drops. It turned out that Lewis didn't like the spooky film part or where the mirror changes and you all turn into ghosts. He was fine after a few minutes and said he might try it again one day now he knows what to expect. Good for him. :)

After our tour the other day Abbey said she'd really like to the full Art of Animation again to see inside the first room where the camera is. So we all did this to get out of the rain. It was nice to see that they've updated this again with a bit about Frozen.

We all had wet feet by now and agreed to go back to the hotel to change our shoes and dry off a bit. As we went through the Village I suddenly realised that this was our last chance at getting to see the parade as it was on at 17.30 and we'd be away tomorrow. Then I thought about it and didn't feel it was worth going back in the rain with wet feet for. We've seen it many times and I think the only difference would be any halloween stuff at the end.

Also, we had talked about where to eat tonight and the kids all fancied some pizza. I suggested Cafe Mickey, which we haven't been to for a few years now. I asked the concierge in the hotel if we could book and the only time he had available was 10pm - much too late. But, we thought we'd just go there for opening, 17.30 and see if we could get in.

Back in the room we dried off, changed our sodden feet and watched the end of Ratatoullie with some hot chocolate.

We were at the door of Cafe Mickey for 17.30 and there was already a queue, but is was mostly with people who had reservations. The CM came out and took everyone's name and also ours. There was only one other family in front of us that didn't have a reservation. By 17.45 we were inside and shown to our table downstairs in the conservatory area. I liked this little leaflet on the table

Our order for pizzas and waffle fries was taken quickly and soon we were enjoying the warm bread rolls and drinks

It was nice and quiet in this area which is what we needed - all a bit tired...Dinner arrived quickly and it was delicious

Nice little tubes of sauce and mayo

We could see the characters starting to arrive inside the main part of the restaurant. The kids really weren't bothered about meeting them, but our server delayed clearing our table and getting the bill. I think he was trying to make sure we met them, which was very thoughtful of him:

Soon Minnie arrived

And Goofy

Happy with our meal we left after this. I could see that the other characters were Mickey, Tigger and Pluto. This turned out to be our cheapest table service meal, 66.67E including Shareholders discount :thumbsup2

All well rested we went back to the park

Into Frontierland

Onto Phantom Manor with no wait. In here the CM had a very strange accent and kept mis-pronouncing 'gentleman', sounding more like 'getlenanam'. Now, I have absolutely no business passing comment on anyone that can speak another language. I cannot and take my hat off to all those who do, but when something is funny - well it is just funny....DH had tears streaming down his face trying to keep himself from laughing. We came out of here and had a nosey around Boot Hill. Lewis had been reading wiki pages on Phantom Manor and Thunder Mesa before we came and wanted another photo of Frank Ballard, which has a stone with his mum in the background. Unfortunately the trees were overgrown around it so we couldn't really see it.

We tried for BTM but it had a 40 min wait so went for a spot for Dreams instead.

Abbey didn't want to stay to watch it so she went back to the hotel with strict instructions to text us as soon as she got there, which she did. The rest of us waited in the central hub and got a very good spot for Dreams. I didn't take any photos tonight of this, and we all just enjoyed the experience. Mark says it's the best thing he's ever seen and thinks it might be the best part of the whole holiday for him pixiedust: I think my brainwashing may have been successful.....

We looked around the shops on the way back and Mark picked a couple of presents for a friend back home. Lewis got a Luke Skywalker figure he liked from the 'light saber shop' as we call it. Then we went back to the hotel and I did most of the packing before settling down to watch The Lone Ranger.

Last day tomorrow - would we all make EMH?

Just caught up with your TR, I love how much you get done - it very much reminds me of our trips!
Your photos are fantastic too, you can see how much of a good time everyone was having :goodvibes
I also loved the fact about Animagique from the Studios tour when your were told about why the building was blue. It's these things that people who don't 'get' Disney don't understand - there's much more to it than characters and tea cup rides!

Another great day. You got so much done again. I hear ya on the soggy feet issue, there is very little I'd stay in the parks to see or do with soaked feet, cold is so much more manageable.
May just have talked DH into Cafe Mickey with the help of your photos :thumbsup2

Just caught up with your TR, I love how much you get done - it very much reminds me of our trips!
Your photos are fantastic too, you can see how much of a good time everyone was having :goodvibes
I also loved the fact about Animagique from the Studios tour when your were told about why the building was blue. It's these things that people who don't 'get' Disney don't understand - there's much more to it than characters and tea cup rides!

Thank you - the tour was really good - so much that I'd never noticed before.

One of the best trip reports ever :thumbsup2

Thank you so much :blush:

Really really enjoying this and now I need another coffee as I see day 5 up now....:surfweb: no work for me today then :thumbsup2

Keep the coffee coming - and don't worry about not getting any work done - this is your holiday research :lmao:

Another great day. You got so much done again. I hear ya on the soggy feet issue, there is very little I'd stay in the parks to see or do with soaked feet, cold is so much more manageable.
May just have talked DH into Cafe Mickey with the help of your photos :thumbsup2

Cafe Mickey was a very last minute decision and we really enjoyed it. Not much more than what we paid in counter service in Cafe Hyperion :thumbsup2

Another great day and hurrah for Ratatouille eventually!! :cool1:

Have to say your food does like nice at CM, our pizzas never look that appetising but then we don't build the food up and we aren't disppointed then! We go for the characters. Must get myself some of those waffle chips to try though!

Know what you mean about sodden feet - nothing worse!

Off to read your last day now :)

Glad you finally made Ratatouille - so looking forward to trying this ride. :cool1: And really pleased for you that Mark loved Dreams - your boy has taste! :thumbsup2

Loving this TR, your children have got so grown up! we've not had a trip to DLP since June 2012 so I haven't been on this board much for a long time.

Funnily enough our first experience of Cafe Mickey was very similar. We got absolutely drenched when the heavens opened whilst we were on Autopia! (I can't drive those blooming cars either!) we headed back to the Cheyenne, dried off and then on a spur of the moment whim, decided to try our luck at CM. We sailed past the queue for reservations! Was our best experience by far there (unfortunately our 2nd visit wasn't so great).

Have loved the pics (and your separate review) of Bistro Chez Remy too, wasn't too taken by it going by the menu but I think you may have changed my mind!

Looking forward to reading about your last day (in a minute!) shame it's nearly over though, keeping me occupied on my night shift! :goodvibes

Another great day and hurrah for Ratatouille eventually!! :cool1:

Have to say your food does like nice at CM, our pizzas never look that appetising but then we don't build the food up and we aren't disppointed then! We go for the characters. Must get myself some of those waffle chips to try though!

Know what you mean about sodden feet - nothing worse!

Off to read your last day now :)

So happy to finally get on the RAT - the waffle chips in CM were absolutely delicious :goodvibes

Glad you finally made Ratatouille - so looking forward to trying this ride. :cool1: And really pleased for you that Mark loved Dreams - your boy has taste! :thumbsup2

Yes, he does - been brainwashed since birth, it seems to have worked :rotfl:

Loving this TR, your children have got so grown up! we've not had a trip to DLP since June 2012 so I haven't been on this board much for a long time.

Funnily enough our first experience of Cafe Mickey was very similar. We got absolutely drenched when the heavens opened whilst we were on Autopia! (I can't drive those blooming cars either!) we headed back to the Cheyenne, dried off and then on a spur of the moment whim, decided to try our luck at CM. We sailed past the queue for reservations! Was our best experience by far there (unfortunately our 2nd visit wasn't so great).

Have loved the pics (and your separate review) of Bistro Chez Remy too, wasn't too taken by it going by the menu but I think you may have changed my mind!

Looking forward to reading about your last day (in a minute!) shame it's nearly over though, keeping me occupied on my night shift! :goodvibes

They've grown up so much, too fast...We hadn't done CM for a few years and now that we're past the character hunting, really enjoyed the meal. Glad to keep you busy on your night shift :thumbsup2

Wonderful report so far!

I love your pictures and it's great to see you did so much, looking forward to the final day! xx

Thank you - we manged to fit loads in :)

Thanks Enjoying your TR.... I'll definitely be taking spare shoes on my next trip though I'm praying early September won't be wet- but hey it's Paris. In December 2011 I didn't take spares and we got soaked. I had to buy Minnie Mouse Wellington boots for my daughter and grin & bear my own very wet boots :(

Thanks Enjoying your TR.... I'll definitely be taking spare shoes on my next trip though I'm praying early September won't be wet- but hey it's Paris. In December 2011 I didn't take spares and we got soaked. I had to buy Minnie Mouse Wellington boots for my daughter and grin & bear my own very wet boots :(

So glad I insisted on spare shoes for everyone, I think we'd have been a bit miserable if we didn't. Great excuse for Minnie Wellies though :thumbsup2

So, do you give thumbs up for Mickey's cafe? I want to do character dinner, but Inventions are coming too pricey this time and I'd love to cut the costs. How was the food? what did you exactly have? Did you share? Was it enough? Sorry for so many questions :confused3

I took a look at menu, but I don't know if I like it.

So, do you give thumbs up for Mickey's cafe? I want to do character dinner, but Inventions are coming too pricey this time and I'd love to cut the costs. How was the food? what did you exactly have? Did you share? Was it enough? Sorry for so many questions :confused3

I took a look at menu, but I don't know if I like it.

Cafe Mickey was good. There are 5 of us (4 ad and 1 child) we shared 2 pizza's and 4 portions of waffle fries. We all had a drink each too. It was more than enough and a good way to get character interaction if you want to, without the hefty price of Inventions :thumbsup2 Although, as I've said, we didn't really go for the characters this time, but have in the past.

Ms Poppins said:
Cafe Mickey was good. There are 5 of us (4 ad and 1 child) we shared 2 pizza's and 4 portions of waffle fries. We all had a drink each too. It was more than enough and a good way to get character interaction if you want to, without the hefty price of Inventions :thumbsup2 Although, as I've said, we didn't really go for the characters this time, but have in the past.

I'll make a note. Would one pizza be enough for me and my two fussy little eat boys? I could order garlic bread too. Eaffle fries - it's first time I hear of something like that.

I'll make a note. Would one pizza be enough for me and my two fussy little eat boys? I could order garlic bread too. Eaffle fries - it's first time I hear of something like that.

If they like pizza then yes - the pizza's are a good size. Half would be plenty for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter