BIG BROTHER 19! SPOILER THREAD! "SUMMER OF TEMPTATION"

Paul found people who were willing and gullible enough to do his dirty work or should I say production found them for him???
Those same people held serious grudges against "their boy", what comes around goes around.

Sitting here kind of chuckling to myself about all the "bitter' responses to Paul's loss.

How many huge Paul fans actually watched the live feeds?

Throughout the season anyone who felt there was bullying going on were getting called out on it, basically told to suck it up..... that is not just on here, that is on the Big Brother Facebook page, Jokers, just about anywhere there was a forum discussing Big Brother.

My oh my, have the tables turned!

All we are hearing is "bitter jury, bitter jury" well, it is starting to sound a lot like "fake news".... just getting tired of it all.

The fact of the matter is, the jury obviously didn't agree with Paul's bullying strategy for most of the season and how much he actually convinced them to do nasty things just to keep his hands clean.

Paul's fatal mistake in this game was forgetting that jury members were going to talk to jury members inside of the jury house.

The Big Brother house totally plays with your mind but once those jury members got out and they weren't always having to watch over their back in fear they would be next on the block, well, then they started thinking for themselves!

If Paul would have played with even just the slightest bit of integrity then I would have had a lot more respect for him but he is the one who chose to play the way he did and I hope he is never back on Big Brother again.

The other thing, I also really "love" is how many people are so horrible about Cody, judging him on his personality, judging that he has mental problems, etc....it is really disgusting.

How can you judge a person's entire life from a short time on a TV show?!

Glad the season is over, hopefully next one is bitter.....oops, I mean better! ;)

I have to say that I agree with your post. I've done a lot of reading today and it appears to me that everyone crying out "bitter jury" are showing signs of bitterness themselves. There really isn't written rules on how the "game" must be played. So, saying that Paul deserves it because he was the only one that was playing isn't necessarily true. It might be the way the public wants to see it played out but in the end we aren't the ones voting. Playing a game with morals in tack is also playing. I'm not saying that the house guests were perfect because they weren't. I'm just pointing out that the game can be played anyway the house guests see fit and if someone wins over a manipulator so be it, that's playing the game.

Fair enough. Can you give me some examples of what they hid? Who were they hiding it from? The audience wasn't voting for the winner, so why were they hiding it? I thought he was funny (I did last season, too), which is why I guess I liked him, but I wouldn't mind hearing about what he did. I've seen him referred to as a "bully" which is one word I wouldn't use to describe him, so I'd be interested in hearing something that would at least help me understand why he was so disliked. Funny thing is that I hated Josh SO MUCH in the beginning, but he did grow on me. I still don't think he should've won, but maybe if I heard about how horrible Paul was, it would help me accept it more, LOL.
I think others have already answered this but I did want to answer your questions about production. I don't think CBS wants to air anything too ugly - and that's the stuff that didn't get shown. They were protecting Paul for whatever reason (given him a ready made alliance, keeping him safe for 4 evictions, etc.). They "help" someone every season (usually it's a returning player) to some degree.

I was surprised to hear Josh say in his interview with Rob Cestrino that Paul was not a BB fan and had never really watched a season - and since, he had never been in the jury, never heard "Good Bye Messages" (the HG's call them GBM's).

Maybe if he had, he would know that this is where you come clean in order to get the jury's respect.

Finally watched the finale after work today.
I was surprised that Josh won. I really felt that if Josh took Christmas to the final two, he would deserve to win for ousting Paul, but that didn't happen.

Like PP said, I was a big fan of Paul last year and he should have won then. His game was less sincere and more manipulative this year, but I did think he played the best overall.
I do see how Josh being a bigger fan helped him in the end. I agree Paul may have fared better had he been more upfront in the final speech and also more loyal to less people throughout the game.

Disappointed that Cody won AFP. No idea why he gave up his summer with his daughter to join a game he knew nothing about and really didn't even try to play, socially at least. He made it abundantly clear how much he hated the people, the game and the whole experience, aside from Jessica.

Regarding bitter juries, I'm sure some of you remember when Ian won over Dan...

If the jury didn't agree with Paul's 'bullying' tactics, why did they go along with it in the house?

I didn't watch the live feeds but did anyone actually stand up to Paul and say this is wrong? Did anyone refuse to do what Paul wanted?

I am not excusing what Paul did, if he made things personal, at all. BUT, he found people who were willing to do what was asked of them.

I don't care if there was $$$ on the line..I'm not saying things about a persons children. I have the willpower to say no.

Exactly, I totally agree on the not attacking of someone's child or family but also his military career. But they did...... And Paul kept pushing wanting them to keep going at Cody, Jessica and even Mark, trying to get them so upset they would react physically and be kicked out......who the heck eggs on violence?! Or masterminds personal attacks on someone's child or their military service to their country?!

That's not game play, not one little bit.

They went along with it because they saw exactly what happens to anyone who went against him plus they were starstruck by "Paul the big veteran who almost won last season".

So many past seasons guests come out and say that no one has any idea how the game totally messes with you and your thought process.

You also have to remember, all of his minions thought he was being loyal to him and would do anything he asked.

Paul will just slither back to his basement suite in his mommy and daddy's mansion and hopefully comes to some realization at how low he went in the game and the jury saw this in his final speeches..... oh poor, poor Paul!

Super disappointed with this ending! Paul deserved to win, he played the BB game the way is should be played. Alex really was another major letdown, could she be more of a sore loser. I really liked her and thought she played a decent game, then all sour grapes, not a good look on her. Lastly, Cody winning America's vote, WHAT??? That is insane to me! He was the most miserable player I have witnessed in BB history. Glad this season is over, I am ready to erase it from my mind. Celebrity BB up next!!

I was stunned they didn't give it to Jess. I love how Cody had zero reaction!

Mark voting for Josh makes him look so stupid. I actually liked Mark but man, I think he's a 2 bit chump now.

We wanted to like Mark in the beginning, and then he turned so strange and started acting like Mike Tyson -- using his braun to make his point or sitting around crying because he didn't have enough brain power. He did zero in the game and was the lease deserving to win.

Agreed. Especially after the way Josh treated Mark and the fact that they almost came to blows. I have no respect for most of the jurors.

Even Christmas, who was super close with Josh, voted for Paul. She knew who played the better game.

But I think it was far more shocking that Cody voted for Josh!!!!! Josh terrorized him and Jessica for weeks, so like I said before -- his hatred for Paul was even worse than someone getting in his face with pots and pans! I think Cody's vote was the one that spoke the loudest about how some of them felt about the way Paul played.

I was stunned they didn't give it to Jess. I love how Cody had zero reaction!

We wanted to like Mark in the beginning, and then he turned so strange and started acting like Mike Tyson -- using his braun to make his point or sitting around crying because he didn't have enough brain power. He did zero in the game and was the lease deserving to win.

Jess campaigned for him big time on social media. She asked her followers to unite the vote by voting for him if they were considering voting for her.

Jess campaigned for him big time on social media. She asked her followers to unite the vote by voting for him if they were considering voting for her.

Oh, that explains it. WOW, she really does like him -- first she gave up her game and her chance at $500,000, and now she gave away her shot at $25,000. Maybe she did it for his kid. She dresses like she comes from money!

Last edited:
Spot. On.

It's been fun to read back through this thread this morning. Great takes by everyone, and points I hadn't considered.

I won't duplicate the comments of others, but just a few thoughts...

1. As a season of gameplay, it was terrible. But sometimes we forget that CBS isn't just casting a group of players, they're essentially casting characters in a TV show. So as far as the game goes, last night was a bewildering(I mean, NOBODY saw this coming, right?) conclusion.

But it made for GREAT television. I rewound it three times just to see Paul's reaction during the vote reading. When Elena went for Josh, you can see the exact moment that Paul knew he'd lost. That reaction was raw and genuine, and it made for fascinating TV.

2. Is Josh one of the worst players to ever win the game? Sure he is. But I will say this....on the CBS broadcasts, he was much different over the past month than he was over the first two. And I think if THAT Josh had played the whole summer, we'd all feel much differently about him. He just couldn't handle being around Cody/Jess/Mark/Elena. Once they were gone, he became a different guy AND a different player. Shame we didn't see that until the end.

3. I'll give Celebrity BB a shot. They're just looking for programming to counter the Olympics, so ratings may struggle, but it'll still be a nice diversion.

4. I think Cody won AFP partially as a smack back against Paul and the others. But I honestly thought that once he was evicted, Cody's brutal honesty about the whole thing became somewhat endearing to people. The guy made no bones about how he felt about the other players and the game, and I kind of liked his giant middle finger towards the whole thing. I even found it funny, and I'm guessing others did, too. I mean, the guy never lied. He may have been a TERRIBLE social player, but he stayed true to himself.

Plus, Cody and Jess need to be cast on "Amazing Race" with the quickness. They'd be fascinating to watch....and they'd finish Top 3, easily.

5. I don't need to see Jesse, Frankie, or Austin on my screen anymore, thanks.

READY FOR SURVIVOR!!!

I think Josh was one of the worst players to win -- Nicole is right behind that as she floated through all of last season and did nothing to deserve a win! Oh, and then there's Evil Dick!

As for Paul's reaction -- we, too, watched it three times -- the fear and shock and panic that came across his face when he started to realize the votes were going to Josh was raw emotion -- and kind of sad. He knew he once again was going to come in second -- and he lost again by only one vote!

One thing I wondered about was that Jess and Cody were split up for weeks due to one eviction pre jury and one jury. I am sure there was some purposefulness behind that. So when on finale night, Jess said she'd give her vote to Paul if she was on jury. Then Cody did the 'staying true to my word' but votes for Josh. I bet Paul wished he put Jess on jury. Ha. But he went with spite and split them up.

Is there anywhere online that one an watch the backyard interviews?

No they weren't. Jessica was asked point blank who deserved to win and she said Paul. And people on this board love Jessica.

And yet her one and only didn't vote for him! So she can blame him for going with Josh.

OMG, I hated Matt by the end. He was so relentless on Mark and wouldn't shut up. He's going to look like a fool when he finds out about Raven.

Absolutely. But even as immature as they were(are), I still thought that their heads would cool off in jury and they'd be able to vote rationally, especially after Will brought up such good points in his roundtable.

But nope....they stayed immature right till the bitter end.

I think this cast was the most immature and uninformed they've ever had. People like Cody and Kevin were clueless about the show and how it worked!

While I understand what you're saying about the ugly behavior, its hard for them to stop it when there are 24 hour live feeds for people to watch and then talk about. The only way to not see it, is if you only watch the CBS shows on Sunday-Wednesday & Thursday..... and thats no fun, IMO. You miss so much, its almost 2 totally different shows.
With the celebrity version coming out in the winter, there will not be 24 hour feeds, because the celebrities are not down with the camera on them 24/7.

I never watched the live feed -- but the regular televised segments showed more than enough of their petty nasty, bullying behaviors!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter