Big runDisney announcement coming in April

I thought the whole point of even starting the races at Disney was for the opportunity to increase revenue and attendance for slower periods of time. I worked at Disney from January to July and it made sense for the WDW Marathon Weekend to be when it was because it was nice and slow. The Disney Princess Half is also when it is slow at the parks, not sure about the Wine & Dine Half being during a slower time of the year since I have never been to Disney during that month. The only real exception to the rule may be the DL half because it isn't a real slow time of year but it isn't the busiest either.

Traditionally, isn't the end of March up until the end of August really busy at WDW? I am still holding out hope that they will have a race at one of the international parks or all of them! :worship:
Princess butted up to the very busy President's Week vacation this year, though . . . and apparently some kind of Canadian break as well.

Those teasers! I can tell something is going to cost me more money. They know how to get to my money faster than Uncle Sam. Sneaky, sneaky!

I would LOVE to do an international event with Disney. I don't know that it would appeal to very many people, though.

It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Flower and Garden :thumbsup2 Character sponsor: Tinker Bell and the other fairies.

Fairies and gnomes

One second thought the timing might be off for a Flower and Garden run. It is too late to announce a race for May 2011 and seems a bit early to announce one for May 2012.

If that isn't it I can't imagine what it would be. Another fall event seems unlikely. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I was operating under the premise of the new event being a 2012 event. Could not imagine a 2011 large format race being announced in May.

I'll have to see if I kept the flyer I got at the Princess expo, but I think it may actually be a new Disneyland event. If I can find the flyer I'll post pics of it this weekend.

I'll have to see if I kept the flyer I got at the Princess expo, but I think it may actually be a new Disneyland event. If I can find the flyer I'll post pics of it this weekend.

Ahh, was the castle shot why you are thinking DL? I didn't pay it much attention. That really makes more sense to me, that it would be at Disneyland because WDW has so many already.

Early December is slow, but it seems too close to the January Marathon Weekend. I think early May is a good bet, but that's still pretty close to the Princess Marathon.

Maybe a race at another location? Like Hawaii or Hilton Head to tie in to their DVC properties?

Or maybe daily or weekly training runs like the 5K they run at Castaway Cay in the morning?

Maybe an official Disney Running Club? They'd charge a membership fee and then give you discounts on entry fees and early access to registration? Now that I think about it, this seems the most likely--Disney would probably make the most money off of something like this.

I dunno, there is a half ironman in May. Since the announcement is April, I expect the race to be April. There is a new phenom popping up, a 26.2 kilometer race, or a metric marathon.

I am looking at the property to see how one could break it up and bring in new venues. I think it would be cool to run in Blizzard Beach again. We did it in the marathon pre-AK and Disney made it snow for us.

So, Assuming...
Florida
A tie with the Flower and Garden
April

What character will be the official sponsor of the event?

We can rule out Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Chip and Dale and the Princesses.

Pluto comes to mind. One could tie the DVC properties in with the race.

My guess is TINK and her fairy friends--They fit perfectly with the Flower and Garden

Ahh, was the castle shot why you are thinking DL? I didn't pay it much attention. That really makes more sense to me, that it would be at Disneyland because WDW has so many already.

I believe so, and something about how it was written made me think it was referencing DL. Of course this is the first time that I actually cleaned up my swag after a race. I must have thrown it out. I'll check with a friend who might have saved it.

I believe so, and something about how it was written made me think it was referencing DL. Of course this is the first time that I actually cleaned up my swag after a race. I must have thrown it out. I'll check with a friend who might have saved it.

I would not go by the picture, the latest photo for the January marathon ad features the DL Castle.

Though it would make sense to have the 2nd (not so annual to date) Disneyland marathon. I am just going by the OP Florida assertion.

The Disney Princess Half is also when it is slow at the parks

the disney princess this year was at the end of presidents week which is typically one of their busiest weeks. but you're right, the january marathon weekend is during their value season and even october is generally considered value season even with food and wine. may is typically not a very crowded time so maybe a race then would be good.

at the princess expo they gave us a hint for the new race: "purse"

so here's what i was thinking: the purses from dooney and burke that they were pushing at the expo were the new princess ones. so i thought maybe a disneyland princess half marathon.

BUT, amy said that jeff galloway told her another WDW race...so...yeah, i got nothing.

Does anyone think there's any chance of another full? I would really like to see that, but it seems that most everything is geared toward the half distance.

Does anyone think there's any chance of another full? I would really like to see that, but it seems that most everything is geared toward the half distance.

It would be nice if it were a full on weekend event with both a full and half

A full is logistically harder than a half so I think it will be another half. I realized today they already announced the dates for next year's flower and garden coach is probably right.

I will say that an "Epcot double" would pretty much guarantee I'll be down there twice next year which, ultimately, is the idea.

I absolutely love the idea of an epcot race and figment medal-he is one of my favourites!!!! May would be fab for me as in 2012 one of my friends gets married over there so it could tie in brilliantly. Obviously all speculations.

I would also love a Disneyland Paris race as it would mean I'd finally be able to take my DFiance to a disney race- he's a teacher and none of the current races fall in holiday time- obviously really!

Noted that there's a runDisney stall at the London Marathon expo next month- I guess we'll know by then though.

Thinking about it and talking with a few racers from this weekend.... Marathon Monday returns

Thinking about it and talking with a few racers from this weekend.... Marathon Monday returns

If that is really going to be the big announcement, I am going to be seriously disappointed. I think that Disney should offer a free one day one park no matter if you run the half or full anyway...but I am thinking that this has to be about an additional race. Hoping actually!

Yes the Card Clearly says there is a new RunDisney race we wanted you to know about.

I would love to see a Pirates themed or Villains themed event.

From the expo display, I got the impression that it was another race like the Princess, marketed to women.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter