Bike and boat like mad! WL ?

lilboo

<font color=red>KISS, KISS!<br><font color=00CCCC>
Have posted before wondering what types of sailboats (cats/sunfish) can be found at the diff. marinas (haven't really the motivation to actually CALL the marinas themselves yet : ) )...

At any rate would like to boat and bike to our heart's content-would WL-with their wider body of water and FW-affiliated biking trails -be the place to base ourselves?

What do you think?

AND-has anyone used the bikes to resort hop(resorts in close prox. CR, Poly)-of course, using the roads-and if so, can you rent helmets and bike locks? Or, does the whole thing sound too risky?

Wilderness Lodge/Fort Wilderness would be the best area for biking and boating. There are lots of trails to explore on the bikes! But, unfortunately, bikes are not allowed on the WDW highways or streets. You'll have to stay in the resort.

I just wanted to second what Rhonda said, WL is definitely the place to do your biking & boating... you can follow the path over to FW & there's definitely other paths as well... Make sure you sign up for the Length of Stay 199.00 plan....

What is also great about using watercraft at WL is, you really get TWO lakes for the price of one!! You can "drive" over to Bay Lake, where GF, Poly, and C are located. However, you may NOT dock at any of these resorts!:(

Thank you all!-

We may bring our own bike locks in case we want to wander off to explore or grab a snack!

chris1gill,
Please tell me what the Length of stay $199 plan is!! Thanks!
Belle5

HI Belle5-

I've done several searches trying to get a definitive answer about the Unlimited Marina Plan-all with very different and interesting replies! Basically for a family of 4(maybe 5) you get unlimited usage of watercraft(w/some exclusions) and possibly bike rentals too for a flat rate of $199 and that's for the length of your stay at a Disney Resort(with a possible cap of 7 days???ack)! Anyway, a very good deal, it seems to me!

Here's one of the most recent threads:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=249102

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter