Birthday at Disney? Do you have pictures of cakes etc?

I can't wait to order a cake for my birthday, I am staying at the POFQ, does anyone know if they will deliver to the room, and do you have to be there for them to deliver or can they just leave it in your room.

I was wondering, for the cakes like the mini castle cake, can you replace the castle with a cake topper they use on the wedding cakes?

Disney8704 said:
Just wondering but when you get there do you have to let the seater or waiter know that you ordered a cake or will they automatically know..like maybe a note will be placed on the ressie when I order the cake?

I don't know where you are ordering from, but on July 15th, we ordered the cake and also had it noted when I made the ressies that it would be DS 10th Dday AT CHEF MICKEY"S. When DH checked us in I said did you say anthing about us ordering the cake. He handed me a little piece of paper that was like a receipt this is what it said

My Name
Party ID #
Party of 3
Adult=3
Quoted Wait:
Arrival Time 5:06pm
Arrival Date: Sat 7/15/06
Comments:
a/10
Ian's 10th Bday
ans ar subj CMCO
MultTables=N, Birthday (CMCO), Birthday,
Reservation Time 5:10pm
1 Preference:
DETAILS

Pager 121
Printed: Sat, 07/15/06 5:06:49

So I am assuming most restaraunts have something like this. I thought it was pretty interesting. I don't know if we were suppose to get this or whether it was given to my husband on accident.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has gotten anything like this.

We never said anything else to our waitress, but she did come out and say the next celebration time would be at such and such time. I would assume to make sure we stayed until then and to make sure we were done eating and were ready for the cake.

Diane

Im ordering the cake from the GF bakery but we are having dinner at 1900 PF.

copper0426 said:
I don't know where you are ordering from, but on July 15th, we ordered the cake and also had it noted when I made the ressies that it would be DS 10th Dday AT CHEF MICKEY"S. When DH checked us in I said did you say anthing about us ordering the cake. He handed me a little piece of paper that was like a receipt this is what it said

My Name
Party ID #
Party of 3
Adult=3
Quoted Wait:
Arrival Time 5:06pm
Arrival Date: Sat 7/15/06
Comments:
a/10
Ian's 10th Bday
ans ar subj CMCO
MultTables=N, Birthday (CMCO), Birthday,
Reservation Time 5:10pm
1 Preference:
DETAILS

Pager 121
Printed: Sat, 07/15/06 5:06:49

So I am assuming most restaraunts have something like this. I thought it was pretty interesting. I don't know if we were suppose to get this or whether it was given to my husband on accident.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has gotten anything like this.

We never said anything else to our waitress, but she did come out and say the next celebration time would be at such and such time. I would assume to make sure we stayed until then and to make sure we were done eating and were ready for the cake.

Diane

Can I order a cake for someone else going down and pay for it when I order? I ahve afriends going for their first time and I want to maybe get a cake sent to their room. I think they are staying at ASM but will be confirming when I see them next. Can it be done?

jenjersnap said:
Are you eating or staying at GF? I would love to order one of their nakery's cakes but our only GF meal is at 1900PF and I think we'll be too stuffed for cake.

Well neither really. For the Haunted Mansion cake we were eating at O'Hana. We just went to the front desk at the Grand and had the CM call the bakery to let them know we where there to pick the cake up. About 5 minutes later a bakery CM came out with our cake. It was fantastic! I'll have to post pictures tonight at home.

We also ate at 1900 PF for breakfast on our last day. I couldn't resist the chance to try the Cinderella Slipper and Mini Cake, so I ordered one of each for after breakfast. There where 6 of us and only 4 of us really ate any of the desserts, but there would have been planty to go around for everyone. Yes we were all pretty full, but a few bites of cake and mousse were do-able.

Disney8704 said:
Just wondering but when you get there do you have to let the seater or waiter know that you ordered a cake or will they automatically know..like maybe a note will be placed on the ressie when I order the cake?

At Crystal Palace in MK they knew about my pre-ordered cake and just confirmed with me - I want to say when we were seated but maybe at check in too. The waitress asked me if I wanted it following dinner and then arranged to bring it when Tigger was at our table. We (through our TA)noted for our ADR that it was DS's b-day and the table was decorated with confetti and it was very cute. He received a card too - very special 2nd b-day.

Hi! I love this thread! I can't wait for our next trip so I can order another cake! :goodvibes That mini castle cake is soooo cute! :lovestruc

I have special ordered cakes from the Grand Floridian Bakery twice before. Both times I arranged to have the cake at our traditional 1st night dinner at California Grill. The first cake was a white chocolate cake with milk chocolate ganache and fresh strawberries. Yummmy! We were celebrating my daughter's 13th B-day.

cake1.jpg

The second cake was a white chocolate cake with white chocolate buttercreme frosting. Very yummy!!! We were celebrating our anniversary. Both cakes were $25 and the price was just added to our bill. I'm not sure if they still do it this way, because it's been a couple of years.

-Michelle

cake2.jpg

I have mentioned this I think before... but haven't gotten an answer, and maybe it has been posted before, BUT... is it possible to get the castle cake at the California Grill???

We are going there for our big honeymoon dinner.

misslissa said:
I have mentioned this I think before... but haven't gotten an answer, and maybe it has been posted before, BUT... is it possible to get the castle cake at the California Grill???

Not sure but I'd either call the GF bakery and ask or maybe the CR's main number and ask for CG or maybe their in-room dining to see if its possible.

I've never heard of anyone getting that particular cake there but the poster above you ordered her cake from the GF for her meal at CG so it might be possible.

Good luck!

Cake from WL Private Dining - July 17, 2006
Vanilla cake filled with chocolate mousse and covered in chocolate frosting.

IMG_3265.jpg

Cake from MK Bakery for DS's birthday. Vanilla cake with vanilla filling and buttercream frosting. July 22, 2006

CIMG0574.jpg

Cake from GF Bakery. White cake with white chocolate mousse filling and white buttercream. The topper is all white chocolate and completely edible. This was for my DD's birthday. July 21, 2006

CIMG0497.jpg

"Regular" (not a special order) cake from Kona Cafe. Vanilla cake with white frosting - NOT buttercream. I could taste the shortening in the frosting. My mom got this for me for my birthday. July 20, 2006

CIMG0359.jpg

We had lots of cake on this trip. So much that I told my DH NOT to get me a birthday cake for my real birthday which is August 2nd.

misslissa said:

I guess some of us are invisible like HM hitchhikers. :confused3

http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=13631675&postcount=611

It sounds to me, from recent posts, that the GF, the bakery that makes the castle cakes, is limiting their offerings to those who stay at GF or eat at GF, with the exception of CRT.

I have had no luck landing anything but the small unpersonalized cake at CG.

The Haunted Mansion cake was $25.00 for the 8" cake and $8.00 for the image. So $33.00 altogether before tax. I have the DDE, so they took 20% off, as well.

It was really good, too. My DH deemed it better than the cakes from the GF Bakery!!!

Scanne, I am glad all of your cake plans came off well. The WL cake looks great, I think in the end that is what we are going to get for our anniversary.

ETA: Was the Minnie included or did you bring your own cake topper? Thanx!

Scanne, wow you had a lot of cake to eat. Iam definately interested in the WL private dining cake and the Cake for your daughters b-day. Did you have the WL cake delivered to your room? Any problems? How did they do it?

GF Cake: I know my dd would love that for her b-day celebration. DId you feel you were to full to eat that cake? Can you give me more details: size, # eating etc?

I just can't decide whether to have one delivered to our room at WL or at 1900 Park Fare. Did WL have other options, do you know?

Do you mind if I ask how much those two cost? If you want to pm, that would be great. I think I remember the edible character being around $25 or more plus cost of cake. Thanks for your help.

Hope ya'll enjoyed all of your cakes and had a magical trip.

Scanne- Do you have the number to order a cake from the MK Bakery?
We are celebrating my DD 13th B-Day at Tony's in Sept. Did they have a standard cake or did you get to choose flavor, filling etc?

FYI...

There's an 'Official' Birthday/Anniversary cake thread HERE with all the info on phone numbers, prices, and photos of just every cake anyone's ever ordered at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter