Birthday at Disney question.

POOH&PIGLET

I love my DW, DDs, & DVC!
We are planning an Oct. and/or Nov. 2002 trip to WDW. Part of the planning involves what to do for our DD who will turn age 3 at that time. If we're away for her birthday, she will have a party with family before or after our trip.

What can we do for her special day if we decide to be in WDW for her birthday?
Does Disney give any birthday benefits (not expecting any, just asking)?

You can get a Birthday Button for her at City Hall and when the CMs notice that it is her birthday sometimes they will do something special. We were there for my DDs 8th birthday and at the Character Breakfast she got a signed birthday card from Tigger, Pooh, and Eeyore. Also, when the CM at BTMRR noticed it was her birthday, he let her ride in the first car of the roller coaster. Such a little thing, but it made her so happy!!!

Hope your DD has a wonderful day! There's no better way to celebrate a birthday than a day at Disney!

Kim

We had a little celebration for my daughter's 2nd and 4th birthdays at Tony's Town Square. Both times, they decorated the table with streamers and "Mickey Dust," and she got birthday cards and a free dessert.

WE have celebrated several birthdays at Disney. Get a birthday button from City hall in MK. You may get a CM to sing happy b-day to you while waiting in line, like my 4yo son did.

We also had a b-day cake at the contemporary buffet.

We decorated the door of our room for my 15 yo DD. I also brought small gifts for each character meal and asked the hostess to have a character deliver it to the table! It embarassed her, but she did LOVE it.

We also decorated a tee shirt with a b-day cake(fabric paint) and had the characters sign it for her. She had "thought" she was too old to have the characters sign her autograph book. She now has it hanging in her room as a special souviener.

If you really want to do something special, Jane at Gifts of a Lifetime can arrange just about anything. We did a scavenger hunt for my hubby's 40th!!

:bounce: :earseek: :sunny: Your daughter will love celebrating her birthday @WDW. We went last year for my dgtr's. 8th B'day & made it a week long celebration. Our first day there, they sent her balloons with a picture of Chip & Dale & it wished her a Happy Birthday. The morning of her B'day, we had breakfast @Cindy's & she got another B'day card with all the characters signatures. That night we ate @Chef Mickey's & once again they made a very big deal out of it. The next night we did the Fireworks Cruise & we had a B'day cake for her. Needless to say, that is one B'day. she will never forget!!! I wish my hubby would plan a trip for me to Disney for my B'day. (Maybe if I start dropping hints he'll do it for my 40th). Just let everyone know that it's her B'day. (We also got her the B'day button @town hall). She'll feel just like a little princess!!!! Enjoy! Kathy

What about birthdays at MGM? Is there a birthday button there and do adults get anything special.

We will be at WDW for my DD 7th bithday.
I bought her a pin with Minnie, Mickey, balloons and a cake and it says "Happy Birthday".
I bought it from a web WDW pin company (I do not remember the web-site).

Is that the pin WDW gives out a city hall ?

I was going to give her the pin at WDW the morning of her birthday.
We were planning a Character meal at Hollywood and Vine (breakfast or lunch).
She loves Minnie.

Should we go to MK the morning of her birthday and stop at city hall ?
Where could we eat - where Minnie would be one of the characters ?

We are staying at the CSR.
My DD loves hot dogs, pasta and pizza.
We would need a chidrens menu for her.

My 10 yr old DS is a better eater.

Thanks for any advice :)

If you are lucky enough to get a ressie for Cindy's they will decorate the table too. We had my daughters 2nd birthday party at the castle over Thanksgiving it was really special!:D

We will be celebrating our daughter's 3rd birthday on Feb. 2nd! We're going to Crystal Palace for an early lunch and Chef Mickey's for dinner! My husband's birthday will be the day we arrive, we're going to 'Ohana that night, and my birthday is Feb. 4, we're having Cinderella's breakfast that morning and Mama Melrose Fantasmic package that evening! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 month away!
*************************************************WDWMommy

Wow, WDWMommy, how cool that all three of you get to celebrate your birthdays while you're there! It will truly be a special vacation for you.

We're going to celebrate DS's first birthday there in March. I hope to get reservations at Cindy's for breakfast on the special day, but I'm going to get them earlier in the week too, just in case!!

I took my nephew to Chef Mickey's for his b day celebration and it was great! They sang and brought a cupcake with a candle. One of the chipmunks (Chip or Dale???)even fed it to him. It was a lot of fun even without the birthday festivities!

Ok selfish question What about me? I'll be 3? the 2nd day we're there and we convinced the mom and dad to come with me,DH, DS(12),brother (JDADS2), and his family (total-5), 2 other brothers and another sister in law. It's a family affair. Now since I love Disney more than any of them and it's my birthday. What happens-Do I get extra hugs? Do people sing to me? Do they give me a birthday crown to wear? Please tell me. I am quite the obnoxious one so I love the attention anyway but for my birthday I want more. :) Thanx

We will be in WDW in April 2002 and have made a reservation for a "birthday cruise" for our daughter's 12th birthday Reservations are made by calling the Yacht & Beach Club (don't hold me to it, but I think the number is 407-WDW-PLAY). For $220 (!!!) we get a private pontoon (holds up to 12 people), birthday cake, nonalcoholic beverages, and a GREAT view of Illuminations at EPCOT.

The only bummer is that the boat could hold up to 12 people, but there's only 5 in our group. Good: it guess it'll feel more exclusive. Bad: the per person ratio is more costly when you do that math!!

Just a question for those of you who posted about special bday treatment at character meals, when did you tell them it was their bday? Should I tell them when I make the PS or when I get to the restaurant or both? thanks, my daughter will be celebrating her 6th bday march 18 and we will be a chef mickeys that nite.

I would tell them both when you make your PS and when you check in at the front desk. We have had a couple times where they have had notes in our PS about a special event and other times where they haven't. Another option is to stop by a day or so before your "event" day and talk to them about what they can do. Just try to do so at a non-peak hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter