birthday at wl

jojomg

Mouseketeer
We just got back last night from the wl, the trip was for my dd ''s 10 birthday, when we checked in we asked if they could do something special for her birthday the next day, they told us they would do the "birthday package" they asked us who was her favorite character, we said tinkerbell.The next day we called to make sure they remembered they asked again what her favortit e charcater was, they said they had no tinkerbell stuff they asked if cinderella was ok we said yes, and thanked them in advance. we were told by so many people that this was something great. We were all so excited to see what they would do, we got back to the room tired and excited opened the door and there was a half deflated ballon tied to a card from ariel.It was such a letdown!Not very disney like.the resort was so empty that you would think they could do something nice, we were so dissapointed.

We also went for my sons birthday in August for 2 weeks one week being at the WL . We told them it was our son's birthday While we were going to be there(at WL) and told them the date when we made the reservations and when we checked in. We didn't get anything, not a card or balloon. I wasn' t expecting anything though(because it I was told by others that it is not a guaranteed thing), so we weren't really let down. BUt just thought i would share with you my experience .

My cousin stayed at the cbr last yr for her birthday and they sent a cake balloons , a cooler of soda, confetti, streamers and little gifts and the card was signed by all the characters, she called after our "birthday package and asked why she got all she did and her little cousin got nothing and was told she must have "gotten a nicer cast member when she checked in", it was just slightly bordering rude.

We've gotten all extremes from cake, balloons, card & gift (Poly), to balloon & card (WL), to nothing (WL)! The resorts don't need to do anything special but sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. I also think the "birthday package" varies from resort to resort based on management - it appears we both got the same from WL.

Ultimately, I hadn't depended on the resort for anything in any case and took steps to arrange special things on the birthdays. If anyone plans on a special trip to WDW and really wants a cake and stuff, I suggest planning it on your own and whatever extra disney magic you may get will be extra icing on the cake! I'm sorry you were disappointed though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter