Black Friday Buddies 2009 Unite! SCORE REPORTS, WAIT STORIES, HAULS FOR DAY!!

Are you just putting things in your cart for Best Buy and then refreshing? I have a tv in my cart at the higher regular price and I'm waiting for midnight - 1am (central time). Is that an ok strategy?

Maggie

IDK, I just copied and pasted it from the email. But from the way the following statement is worded, I assume that it will be 1 minute past midnight on Thursday night., which is actually Friday but to simplify they said Thanksgiving (Thursday) Anybody know for sure?

That is what I would assume too. Their ad says they open at midnight "thursday" but once it hits midnight, technically it is Friday, it's just htat that would be confusing! I sure wish it were tonight.

Speaking of which, I am totally confused about TRU. I have gone their for opening before because I wanted items specifically marked doorbusters. THe one thing I really want this year are two pogo sticks which are just on sale Fri adn Sat. So, should I plan to get there midnight on Thursday? Will I be okay if I go later and hit Target first in the morning? don't feel like I have my act together. Any advice would be great!

best buy did not start their sale at midnight ET. :( guess i'm waiting for 1 am.

I just got my newspaper delivered!!!!!

And it scared the heck out of all of us. We have a couple friends over for an early thanksgiving dinner, and they were all in the kitchen doing dishes, and we heard a big bang against the door. So one of them opened the door to see what the heck happened. And he's like "ohh it's only the paper"... I was like "Well grab it!!! YAY IT'S MY PAPER!!!" I just managed to freak them all out.... BTW it's like 2am too...

So I've searched the ads for the best Wii system and not seeing much in the way of a "great deal".

Costco - $194.99
Walmart - $249 with 2 games and extra controller (but not sure if this is really a good deal...games are Mario/Sonic Olympic something and Family Gamenight2.)
Target $199.99 with $20 gc

Everyone else seems to be $199.99 for the basic unit or you have to purchase Wii Fit to get a gift card.

Am I missing something?
The walmart one is a deal if you want those games (mario/sonic olympics is $50 on it own, so you're getting the other stuff for free). Mejiers is offering a $50 coupon with the Wii, that's the best deal I've found.

Woke up to put in my turkey, went to BestBuy.com. Looked up my doorbuster item through the T-day sale start online link. While the item said 'coming soon' @ doorbuster price, when I clicked on the item description, it came up at the price and let me order it! My son will be sooo excited- his PSP (with games) is on it'w way!! :thumbsup2

Actually I've been up since 1:30AM EST and best buy has been out since then. Along with some of staples, all of Lowes, Bonton.com has all of their door busters available and free shipping over $50. Still waiting for the rest of Staples door busters to show up, but the printers I want are now available (the price doesn't show up until you checkout). Also Sears door busters were available around 8:00PM LAST night, so I got my things there then to include the door buster $39 drill.

Hmm. The Sony Bravia 32 in TV I want still isn't showing the Black Friday price! I wonder why? The Samsung is showing the sale price.

Maggie

well, i was going to get the sony vaio laptop from best buy, but a computer/copier repairman friend of mine said they're hard to get parts for and they're so thin, standard replacement hard drives don't fit in them. so i passed. my DH is going to try to fix the fan on DD's old computer today. if that doesn't work, i'll go for one of the computers at wal-mart tonight. happy thanksgiving everyone!

Ads are out! Papers are going fast! Grab yours to map your final plans@

Well, I got hte camera I wanted from Best Buy but they are all out of the phone for $7.99 that we were going to get our oldest. Bummer.

Still haven't figured out what to do about TRU. :confused: Tonight or tomorrow....that is the question. :rotfl:

I thought I was going to have to wait in line at Target but they had the camera I wanted online. Now I need to return the Walmart one I bought earlier in the week. Best Buy had the ipod I wanted with a $50 gift card so no need to go to Walmart. It has been a great day!

Hey Black Friday Buddies I want to thank you all for making this thread a smashing success again this year, before we get crazy! Happy hunting to all! May you grab the bargin of the day!

About to brew some coffee, wake up DD (11) and head to Wal Mart. It's her first BF. I'm going to take my laptop with me and if it looks like I won't be able to get the Rockband, I'll try to order it online at 3:00 am sharp. Then we'll shop a bit for clothes and little stuff, check out and head over to Target, then Kmart and home to ake a dessert pizza, carrots, potatoes. Then to the mall around 12 and another family Thanksgiving at 2:00. I'm tired already. :lmao:

Happy shopping ya'll!!

Does anyone know if Walmart if still offering the $40 GC with the purchase of DJ Hero?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter