Black Pearl is on the Move

JenLoy

Mouseketeer
I just got off the phone with San Pedro. The Black Pearl has been moved to Palos Veredes for filming. The gentleman I spoke with said he thought the Pearl is stored at Redondo Beach at night. However I couldn't find anything on either the Palos Verdes or Redondo websites.

Anyone have any more information? I would love to hunt the ship down over the holiday weekend.

My daughter went to San Pedro yesterday looking for the Black Pearl, but it had already been moved. I know the area they are using to film, but you can't see the location from land, and I wasn't brave enough to drive past the "No Trespassing" signs.

If they are mooring it in Redondo Beach, then it would be at Kings Harbor. That's only about 15 minutes from me so I can go check it out. :sunny:

Well, Kelly and I are at Joe's Crab Shack at King's Harbor getting ready for a late lunch/early dinner, and we have a perfect view of the Black Pearl from our outside table.

Earlier we were able to take pics of it, along with a bunch of other people who were on their bikes, skateboards, skates, boats, kayaks, rafts, sightseeing boats, jet skis, etc.

The waitress just said that the Black Pearl will be here until Tuesday.

To get here take Beryl to the sea and park in the Joe's Crab Shack parking lot -- no fee.

We need a new thread entitled, "Where's the Pearl?"

Thanks for keeping us informed MaryJo.

Aw, man, I used to live in Torrance, I wish I still lived down there, I'd be visiting the Pearl often while it's there!

You said until Tuesday, but does anyone have any idea if it might stay longer?I called the Redondo Beach Civic Center yesterday and was told it was still there, but I wasn't able to make it up yesterday. I would love to go up tomorrow (Thursday) if it was still going to be there.

I don't know any other news about it at this time. A waitress had told us it was leaving, but she could be wrong.

She also did say that she saw Johnny Depp there a few days ago.

And when Kelly & I were there I'm sure I could have seen Steven Spielberg - it sure looked like him.

Here's a pic of the Black Pearl. Some people even swam up to it on their rafts. Click on it for a bigger pic.

Just came back from a morning out. Stopped by Kings Harbor and the Black Pearl has moved on.. Left Wednesday.

So does anyone know where it could be going? Up north further? Marina Del Rey? Santa Monica?

The cast is currently shooting on the wet set at the studios.

My guess is that like the Jolly Roger, the pearl may become a part of a Disney Cruise Line attraction when the filming wraps. Having a fully seaworth set, makes for great vacation photos! ;)

Mary Jo said:
Well, Kelly and I are at Joe's Crab Shack at King's Harbor getting ready for a late lunch/early dinner, and we have a perfect view of the Black Pearl from our outside table. . .

We live within walking distance of Kings Harbor. The local paper had photos the Black Pearl, and of students with Johnny Depp.

Woody

We were sailing in San Pedro on Sunday (9/3/2006) and I got some decent, up close, shots of the Black Pearl. We were able to get our boat within about 40 feet of her.

The photos are currently on my Flickr page... I'm trying to post them here, but because my account is new, I have to make "a minimum number of posts" first, whatever that means.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter