Blended O'HANA: lights, water fountains, and characters OH MY!

I looked around for Pascal and found a few. I thought I took more pictures but the only one I have is this one.
DSC_0668.JPG

I also took a photo pass picture.

MK_PROLIBROVER_20180214_408767008714.jpg

It was time now to meet back up with Jimmy & Michelle. They were enjoying a snack at Gaston's Tavern.

DSC_0670.JPG DSC_0671.JPG

Michelle wanted to let JP play in the water at Casey's. The plan was for everyone to meet back up in that area before heading out for our Seven Dwarfs FPs.

I did enjoy my alone time but I was also a little lonely too. I like to share the rides with others. Someday I would like to take a short trip to Disney World alone. I wouldn't want to be alone for too many days.

Last edited:
Love how you spent your alone time :)
Sometimes it’s nice to just do your own thing :)
Like you I like a little me time but then I’m more than happy to meet up with everyone again:goodvibes

For the first time ever I found myself in a Disney park alone.

Do whatever you want!

Well, there was the one time I got really pissed with my family and stomped off on my own.

:laughing: oh dear! :hug:

Who else has ever thought about what they would do if they could be in the Parks truly alone?

Thought it?

Done it!

I didn't sashay, saunter or mosey over to BTMRR, because it's not in me to do either of those things. I'm a fast walker, always have been. I walk with purpose and at a fast pace.

As much as I say I sashay... my usual mode of locomotion is similar to yours. I move.
However... when I'm not feeling rushed or determined, or... when I just want to slow down and take it all in...

Then I sashay. ;)

It served me very well back when Disney had paper FPs

::yes:: I hear ya!

It didn't take me any time at all to get to BTMRR only to be told the ride was down.

:headache: D'oh!
Well, that bites. Not cool, Disney!

It's amazing how fast you can get in and out of the loo when you're alone.

:laughing:
Found that out, didja?

I was seated alone in the very last row. I imagine that's where they put the loners.

img_3163-jpg.393715

<sigh>
Oh well...

Here's my first Pirates ride photo and I'm not even looking at the camera. At least you can see me.

:lmao:
I'm sure I'd be the same.

My favorite CS in Magic Kingdom is Columbia Harbor House.

I'm dying to try this! It's been on my list for years!

I used mobile ordering for the first time and even figured out how to use my CS credit for payment.

Look at you! All high-techy and stuff!

I got in "the cool kids line"

I had been looking forward to tying the lobster roll since Michelle had it in 2012.

And that is the one item I want to try there! And it looked good!

And I might have felt a little awkward sitting alone taking pictures of my food.

But we're older so we can shrug it off and move on. :)

Splash is my favorite themed ride in all the parks.

Oh really!

No it's not the most thrilling but it's the best themed.

Hmmmm.... I'd have to think on that one. Pirate's is really well themed. So is TOT (but not the ride... the ride queue.)...

Nope. Gotta stick with HM. Sorry!

I chose this particle picture as a tribute to Danielle. The first time we took her on Splash we tricked her into riding. She did not want to ride Splash Mountain so we told her she was riding the "Bunny Ride" and showed her this picture. She of course fell for it and luckily didn't hate the ride or us and still rides it.

:) Love that story.

Drops don't bother me at all.
mk_splash_20180214_408850490536-jpeg.393720

Sure looks like you're having fun! :goodvibes

I wanted to look for some Pacals.

Because you're alone and no one is going to tug on your sleeve asking you to move on.

I don't think I ever took the time to notice this waterfall.

::yes:: I have a couple of shots of it from different trips.

Solo... ::yes::

Do whatever you want!

And I did!

Still mad about it.

Thought it?

Done it!

But you've also toured with family too.

As much as I say I sashay... my usual mode of locomotion is similar to yours. I move.
However... when I'm not feeling rushed or determined, or... when I just want to slow down and take it all in...

Then I sashay. ;)

Seems like you sashay a lot more now.

:headache: D'oh!
Well, that bites. Not cool, Disney!

Totally messed up my stride.

Found that out, didja?

I can usually get in and out pretty fast but when you're waiting on others it takes much longer.

<sigh>
Oh well...

I don't like change but I do understand why they did it.

I'm sure I'd be the same.

I can't wait to see. Knowing you there will be something staged.

I'm dying to try this! It's been on my list for years!

Love this place!

Look at you! All high-techy and stuff!

I was pretty darn proud of myself.

And that is the one item I want to try there! And it looked good!

It was good but I don't know if I'll get it every time. I'm hankering for the fried shrimp now.

But we're older so we can shrug it off and move on. :)

Who are you calling old?

Experienced but not old.

And yes I did give myself a little pep talk about doing whatever I wanted.

Nope. Gotta stick with HM. Sorry!

Should have know that was coming.

:) Love that story.

It's still one we talk about usually when we're in line to ride.

Sure looks like you're having fun! :goodvibes

I was! I love this ride!

Because you're alone and no one is going to tug on your sleeve asking you to move on.

That's pretty much about right. I had time to really look around.

::yes:: I have a couple of shots of it from different trips.

Solo... ::yes::

See, solo for the win.

Good eye! I bet he was tough to find. Blends right in.

I think that's why I took that picture since he was one of the harder ones.

Really like this one!

Thank you, I do too.

Yeah... I hear you. A like my solo trips, but... there's never anyone there for me to say "Wow! Did you see that?" or "That was great! Did you like it?"

Exactly. I missed sharing the experience.

And I did!

Good!

Still mad about it.

Still??? Tell me about it?

But you've also toured with family too.

Oh, yes...

Seems like you sashay a lot more now.

I think so.
But... when I wanna go... I go!

I don't like change but I do understand why they did it.

Hmmm... still think it was maybe a mistake. Maybe they should take all the ghosts out of HM, in case someone takes offense.

I can't wait to see. Knowing you there will be something staged.

:rolleyes2

It was good but I don't know if I'll get it every time. I'm hankering for the fried shrimp now.

Maybe I'll get both. ;)

Who are you calling old?

Experienced but not old.

Excuse me? I said no such thing. I said "older".
We get older every day.

You are not old. But you do have more experience than a 16 year old.

It's still one we talk about usually when we're in line to ride.

:)

I think that's why I took that picture since he was one of the harder ones.

Ah! I've never really taken much time to look.

Solo.

Exactly. I missed sharing the experience.

::yes:: One reason why I write. To relive and to share.

Once I entered I got in "the cool kids line" which didn't take long at all.
Ha! It feels that way doesn't it?

I chose this particular picture as a tribute to Danielle. The first time we took her on Splash we tricked her into riding. She did not want to ride Splash Mountain so we told her she was riding the "Bunny Ride" and showed her this picture. She of course fell for it and luckily didn't hate the ride or us and still rides it.
I love it, the bunny ride... The things we tell our kids to get on the rides! We all have a story like that.

I headed there for 2 reasons, I like the theme of the area and I wanted to look for some Pacals.
Way harder than it sounds!

I did enjoy my alone time but I was also a little lonely too. I like to share the rides with others. Someday I would like to take a short trip to Disney World alone. I wouldn't want to be alone for too many days.
I think I would be the same way.

Still??? Tell me about it?

It's complicated.

Hmmm... still think it was maybe a mistake. Maybe they should take all the ghosts out of HM, in case someone takes offense.

Good point. There is always something that will offend someone.

Maybe I'll get both. ;)

Are get both and share.

You are not old. But you do have more experience than a 16 year old.

That's a little better.

Ah! I've never really taken much time to look.

You can look next month.

::yes:: One reason why I write. To relive and to share.

Writing reports does help to share the joys and frustrations.

It's complicated.

Don't mean to pry. :hug:

Good point. There is always something that will offend someone.

Too much, it seems, these days.

Are get both and share.

That's a little better.

Well, you have a DD since she writes here too...
And she has a kid too, so...

I figure you're about 29.
Although you don't look that old.
One of the mysteries of life.

You can look next month.

Probably not. I foresee us running... a lot.

Writing reports does help to share the joys and frustrations.

::yes::

I could have SWORN I had quoted and replied to this yesterday or the day before. :( But, I have read and am all caught up. I love that you got some solo time and enjoyed it! I too love CHH but always seem to get the tuna sandwich. I also think I'd have chosen the exact same rides as you. POTC is way up there on my list of faves. :)

What's your story?
I have plenty. but I know that we told Gwen that they took the yeti out of Everest so she would go on it again. She was mad at us after but she got over the hump of riding!

We also didn't tell the girls that Rock n Roller coaster went upside down. Morgan NEVER would have gone on it otherwise. And they now love it.

Whoops. I must've changed my notifications because here I've been just thinking I was waiting for Mom to progress in her trip-telling.... Not even realized I was PAGES behind. SORRY MOM!

My favorite part of catching up might be Mom mentioning the "Bunny Story" we told Danielle. It was awesome. We even got our (very gullible) cousin that's Danielle's age to help convince her too. Now, she didn't know it wasn't a bunny ride, she was just like "danielle, it's just a bunny ride, see!" Oh well, it worked and that story made me smile so much.

So to catch-up... We ARE planning this December trip, however, I'll be crashing Mom and Dad's trip for a few days before they stay with Danielle and JP. I'm leaving Jimmy at home and Gia just went with her Mom. Because we got a call last week that my friend that works for Disney, Katelyn (now famous from me posting about her in the Dis) IS ENGAGED! And Jimmy and I will likely fly down or whatever we have to do once she picks a date. It's hard to think I won't have my whole immediate family, but it's exciting to just go with my parents, too. We do a LOT as one big, happy family and don't get me wrong-- i love it-- but it's exhausting. I'm looking forward to the less-pressure-ness of this trip. I'm challenging myself with wearing things I already own... that might be my hardest part. Of course it'll all be packed in my new, huge, hardshell Disney luggage! :)

Other updates... We are VERY upset Danielle didn't get in. But then Katelyn sent me a great text about how she didn't get in her first try and she waited over a year because it just wasn't the right time. I think Danielle needed to hear that. Danielle is very much the baby of the family, and while I was always ready to grow up (not sure why... it's a TRAP), she has never really needed or wanted to. I always said Danielle needed heartbreak to help her grow up a little. BUT I DID NOT MEAN LIKE THIS!!! It broke her spirit a good bit, and she was terribly upset, but I think she's kept herself busy enough to where she doesn't feel like it's a reflection of her. Or at least I hope that's the case. I do think she will try again, and I'm proud of her for trying at all. I told her it reminded me a lot of Jimmy and I trying to get pregnant. And you think the most natural thing in the world will be so easy. You do this and your results are that. But no. It all came down to God's timing. And my plan (no matter how hard I willed it myself) just wasn't whatever the plan was for me at the time. But it all worked out, and I hope everything works out for her the best way it can. But we're still going in December regardless :)

I think Mom mentioned once that we did Gia's birthday a few weeks ago. We did! All together... at my house. 12 GIRLS running around. But they were good girls and they had a lot of fun. We went all out for the occasion. If you've learned anything here it's how EXTRA i can be. JP's party is the weekend after Easter and it'll be just as extra... for a 2 year old. Although I have an "all out" to-do list and a "not that many kids are coming" to-do list to tone it down a bit LOL. I'm waiting to see what all I need to do based on the RSVPs.

Wow, just hearing myself say that I'm not sure if I'm impressed with myself or slightly embarrassed that I'm THAT mom. Oh well, it's fun! And I really enjoy it, and the kids LOVE all the magical things we do.

But here's a few pictures of her Unicorn party!
upload_2019-4-15_10-37-12.pngupload_2019-4-15_10-37-33.pngupload_2019-4-15_10-37-53.pngupload_2019-4-15_10-38-13.pngupload_2019-4-15_10-38-28.pngupload_2019-4-15_10-39-13.png
upload_2019-4-15_10-40-17.png

Each girl got their own, personalized, cup and pillowcase. They colored unicorn squishies.

upload_2019-4-15_10-40-50.png

upload_2019-4-15_10-43-14.png

The pinata we filled and taped 3 times so all the girls got a swing at it.

upload_2019-4-15_10-45-48.png

...continued in next post...

Whoops. I must've changed my notifications because here I've been just thinking I was waiting for Mom to progress in her trip-telling.... Not even realized I was PAGES behind. SORRY MOM!

What the heck Michelle!! We've all been waiting you know!

My favorite part of catching up might be Mom mentioning the "Bunny Story" we told Danielle. It was awesome. We even got our (very gullible) cousin that's Danielle's age to help convince her too. Now, she didn't know it wasn't a bunny ride, she was just like "danielle, it's just a bunny ride, see!" Oh well, it worked and that story made me smile so much.

And yet... cruel!! (not really)

my friend that works for Disney, Katelyn (now famous from me posting about her in the Dis)

::yes::

IS ENGAGED!

Congrats to her!

Other updates... We are VERY upset Danielle didn't get in.

Yes, I know. :hug:

But then Katelyn sent me a great text about how she didn't get in her first try and she waited over a year because it just wasn't the right time. I think Danielle needed to hear that.

Very nice of her. :)

I was always ready to grow up (not sure why... it's a TRAP),

I think Mom mentioned once that we did Gia's birthday a few weeks ago. We did! All together... at my house. 12 GIRLS running around.

:faint:
Been there.

But here's a few pictures of her Unicorn party!

Nicely themed. :)

The pinata we filled and taped 3 times so all the girls got a swing at it.

Whoa! Very nice. I don't think I would've thought of that.

upload_2019-4-15_10-46-37-png.394749

JP had lots of fun.

Look how big he's getting!

Not sure who's having more fun here.

No... I'm sure...

Not possible. She can't if you're not.

You're getting lots of brownie points!

Not really... but she hasn't been in 10 years and wants to go on ... everything.

You've got lots of planning to do if she wants to ride everything. Should make for a great report.

I love that you got some solo time and enjoyed it! I too love CHH but always seem to get the tuna sandwich. I also think I'd have chosen the exact same rides as you. POTC is way up there on my list of faves. :)

I enjoyed my solo time. CHH is always a favorite. I've had the tuna sandwich too. I'm trying to work my way through it all. POTC was a priority, I had to see it one more time before it changed.

I have plenty. but I know that we told Gwen that they took the yeti out of Everest so she would go on it again. She was mad at us after but she got over the hump of riding!

We also didn't tell the girls that Rock n Roller coaster went upside down. Morgan NEVER would have gone on it otherwise. And they now love it.

The things we say and do to get our kids on rides! We of course know what's best for them and that they will love it like we do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter