Blister question

Katybug236

Next Disneyfix set for May 2018!
Check out my counter! Woo hoo!

what is that blister stuff you put on your feet to prevent blisters or to sooth them once you have them?

thanks!

Katie

Is that the stuff? what is it? A cream?

Do you know where I can get it? Any Rite Aid, CVS, grocery store?

Moleskin is like a soft protective covering(thin pad with adhesive on it) and is the greatest thing in the world for preventing blisters or covering blisters to avoid pain. I used it last itme I was there and it worked great. I had 3 large blisters that hurt so bad I could hardly walk. The next day I covered them with moleskin and was able to do a full day in the parks.

If you know where you normally get blisters, put it on the areas before you go and it will prevent the formation of blisters. You can get it at most any store that sells foot care products- I usually get it at K mart or Walmart. Any drugstore will have it. They also have it in most resort gift shops.

Another good blister preventer is to spray your feet with deodorant (like Arrid) before putting on your socks and shoes - we did this on our last trip and didn't have a blister one!!

Moleskin is terrific both for preventing blisters and for easing the pain of an existing blister. It comes in large rectangles, which you cut down to the necessary size. And if you've never used it before, YES.....you peel off the backing and stick it right on your skin. It's truly marvelous stuff! I try to keep it in my travel pack, because you never know when a foot problem will come up.

Moleskin also works great if your child plays hockey or sjates. Absolutely wonderful!

I always have a piece of it tucked in my onsite backpack medical emergency bag.

Another product you can use is, yes, Duct tape!! put a piece on the back of your sock to prevent rubbing from the back of your shoe. Used it a few weeks ago when I had new shoes on and it worked like a charm. perfect for last minute and very inexpensive. I just happen to be a duct tape fan.

A product I use and love is Dr. Scholls cushlin pads.

They come in different sizes and shapes, and they are a thin gel like pad that makes a sore plantar wart, blister, or bunion disappear like magic. They absorb the friction from walking and work like a charm. :):D:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter